News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

DisneyFanatic12

The 100th Date isn't even set for Epcot....
According to Disney, Epcot will be the home of the Disney 100 festivities at WDW. According to their announcements of the new show it will debut in the fall for Disney 100.

The rest is just what I’ve heard as far as their monthly themes and what not. From what I’ve been hearing from around the company, it should debut at the start of the 100th celebration at Epcot. That should be between September and November.

GimpYancIent

ROE just needs to be put back. Update the Globe etc. It had a heart and a soul and also a good message to the fans about the world. But I am told I am old now and the world doesnt want that anymore. What do I know LOL just a lone crazy man screaming in the woods(Worlds Showcase Lagoon having my eyes and ears bleed at the taco shell abomination). But at least my kids agreed it sucked.
Hmmmmm, how long did it take to manufacture the ROE Globe? Surely manufacturing a new replacement could be done efficiently having produced one already.

TTA94

They don't necessarily announce stuff at Destination D23. I mean, if the timing works out they certainly could but the event is not significant enough that they would "hold" an announcement for it. They can also make an announcement of something new ahead of that event but provide some more specific details at Destination D.

More specific to this thread, I would expect they will have some announcement of the new Epcot show before the fall. I doubt they'd wait for Destination D23.

Shh dont kill the hope of announcements being made in September lol. D’amaro needs to be there making a flippin MK nighttime parade announcement dang it! 😂

jrhwdw

Shh dont kill the hope of announcements being made in September lol. D’amaro needs to be there making a flippin MK nighttime parade announcement dang it! 😂
I Kind of get his point.. If Epcot's Show is heavy testing by D23 Destination D.....Don't wait till then to give us a Title and a Opening Date!!!!!

Hopefully Steve can keep reassuring us(when he can of course)One's on the way.............. Maybe TDO is in less of a hury since USF's New Night Show got pushed back to 2024? Not that that's a good excuse of course..........

doctornick

I actually think a nighttime parade being announced then seems quite plausible. I just think they'll provide some info about the Epcot nighttime show well before Destination D.

TTA94

I Kind of get his point.. If Epcot's Show is heavy testing by D23 Destination D.....Don't wait till then to give us a Title and a Opening Date!!!!!

Hopefully Steve can keep reassuring us(when he can of course)One's on the way.............. Maybe TDO is in less of a hury since USF's New Night Show got pushed back to 2024? Not that that's a good excuse of course..........

I wish Steve could tell us if a parade is planned to be announced this year or further out.

I agree that we should hear something about the show soon when testing begins, or when deliveries get made to the Marina area. They know we’ll be getting pics lol.

jpinkc

I wish Steve could tell us if a parade is planned to be announced this year or further out.

I agree that we should hear something about the show soon when testing begins, or when deliveries get made to the Marina area. They know we’ll be getting pics lol.
Its the Oliver Twist effect. We keep asking/starving for what we love and they think we dont deserve what we love, and will be thankfull for the gruel we get. And they cant figure out why we arent happy. :banghead: (spending on Disney Vacations)

jrhwdw

Maybe slow bookings will help the night parade chances. What are they promoting in early 2024?

Dining plan and no reservations won’t move the needle much.
One thing to watch for is how DL's F! is recovering...... No word on how close F! is or anything in place of F!........the last one absolutely shocks me since I thought DL was looking into a Plan B.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom