epcot wand....

tdonald

I was a giant eyesore that tackily tried to "Disneyfie" Epcot, and that's not what Epcot's about. It was simply tacky and took away from the beauty of Spaceship Earth.

It originally said "2000" during the Millennium Celebration, and was then (instead of taking it down) changed to say "Epcot".

yankspy

i've seen a bunch of people on here "hating" on the epcot wand...why did everyone dislike it so much?????
Go to forum search and type in wand and search titles only. You will get no less than 100 wand threads. That should answer your question.:)

scpergj

Pretty much because it was ugly and it's momma dressed it funny...

That, and it was an eyesore on the architecture of EPCOT.

Enigma

Account Suspended
i've seen a bunch of people on here "hating" on the epcot wand...why did everyone dislike it so much?????

It was a major eyesore that ruined the look of a famous Disney landmark. It also represented the tackiness and gaudyness that was running amuck at the disney parks. Disney gained MUCH goodwill from the fans by removing that wand after 7 agonizing years for epcot center fans.

wvdisneyfamily

The wand was just tacky. SSE in its original form was so amazing. Look at how incredible the design is! Of course, some might say I'm trying to make WDW a museum by being so opposed to change. I just like some things the way they are (at least when they are stunning and right).

jennc2001

Original Poster
ok, understandable...i just never really understood it much :) it didn't bother me with or without it, but i've seen some people get REALLY upset about it and never really understood why...thanks for the insight! :lol:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I never really minded the wand....but when we went to WDW last year and saw it for the first time in years without the wand, I told my wife. "This is how it was supposed to look here."

Expo_Seeker40

the wand and stars was a cool and interesting thing for 2000, pretty neat......and then it stayed......and stayed.........and stayed.......and then finally it went bye bye! :p

Fun2BFree

If the Wand was there from the park's inception, I likely wouldn't have cared. But I was spoiled by bald-SSE first. Anything less is a downgrade. :shrug:

TheDisneyMagic

I personally, and most of my family agree, the wand was great for the millenium, it really marked that Epcot was the place to be to ring in the year 2000, after that though its stay was no longer required.

EPCOT Explorer

Because it wasn't there in the 80's.

That's the only real reason, regardless of how it's justified.

Not really,it's just the fact that it a over-the-top guady sign isn't needed to advertise EPCOT all the time.How was it futuristic and how did it ever fit in with the theme?For the Millennium it was amazing,but after a while,it just got old.

And yes,I've missed these threads too.Last summer seems so long ago now...:animwink:

*remembers the "Big Ball Wand Hate?" and laughs*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom