Epcot Wand up or down? (POLL)

Do you want to see the SE wand stay or get the boot?

• I would hate to see it go, I want it to stay!

Votes: 234 38.7%
  • It is annoying, I would tear it down myself!

Votes: 370 61.3%

• Total voters

BRER STITCH

Interesting poll results so far!

Over 1 in 3 is in favor of the wand! We could call it 40% and make it sound even better! :lookaroun

Whooda Thunk it??? If your only source of info is message boards, you would have thought the poll would be more in the neighborhood of 99% AGAINST!

:lol:

mrtoad

BRER STITCH said:
Interesting poll results so far!

Over 1 in 3 is in favor of the wand! We could call it 40% and make it sound even better! :lookaroun

Whooda Thunk it??? If your only source of info is message boards, you would have thought the poll would be more in the neighborhood of 99% AGAINST!

:lol:

Or you can say about 2 out of every 3 people think it is crapola....

PBarton

Connor002 said:
interesting

we should do a poll on the sorcer hat in mgm next

in fact, i'll do that now
Please do! In my opinion the sorcerer hat is far worse..

There is a shop underneath that hat (of sorts!) - at least they havn't thought of setting a hot dog stand directly under Spaceship Earth... yet! :hammer:

BRER STITCH

mrtoad said:
Or you can say about 2 out of every 3 people think it is crapola....

You can say whatever you want, but you can't discount the fact that 1/3 is a pretty significant survey repsonse.

As I said...I bet tons of folks are surprised by this.

No need to get all defensive....

:wave:

EDIT: I actually just noticed that today it's changed to 38% IN FAVOR versus 62% AGAINST.

Disneyfan1981

Take it down. Even though I've actually gotten used to it, its served its purpose many times over and needs to be a celebration thing only....

Scooter

I was at EPCOT before the wand was there...it was nice.
I was at EPCOT after the wand was there...I hated it.

But now...when I see pictures of Spaceship Earth w/o the wand,
it looks naked and boring.

I say KEEP THE WAND!!

SpenceMan01

I'm interested in knowing:

How many people that voted to keep the wand up remember the old commercials that ended with the helicopter view of SSE and Mickey standing on top waving?

That commercial was a staple of my Disney childhood.. the nostalgia may be a big reason why I want the wand down.

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Scooter said:
I was at EPCOT before the wand was there...it was nice.
I was at EPCOT after the wand was there...I hated it.

But now...when I see pictures of Spaceship Earth w/o the wand,
it looks naked and boring.

I say KEEP THE WAND!!

I guess we've all (or most of us) has grown acustomed to it being there!

Neptune

When they first put the Wand up, I absolutely loved it. SSE signifies Epcot, just Like The Castle, Tree of Life, and Sorcerer hat do. And With it saying Epcot, it just makes it even more as the signification for Epcot.

Blackie Pueblo

I have to agree with what a lot of you have stated. Space Ship Earth does not need that wand to get attention. I think, even first timers know about Space Ship Earth, and it's just a little gaudy.

And I will do us all a favor... I'll take the burdon and when they take it down, I will take the giant wand. I don't want to do it, but for the good of the Disney fans, I will take it.

Blackie Pueblo

General Grizz

Blackie Pueblo said:
I have to agree with what a lot of you have stated. Space Ship Earth does not need that wand to get attention. I think, even first timers know about Space Ship Earth, and it's just a little gaudy.

And I will do us all a favor... I'll take the burdon and when they take it down, I will take the giant wand. I don't want to do it, but for the good of the Disney fans, I will take it.

Blackie Pueblo
Good luck with the race against Mouse Surplus.

I can just see that thing sticking against their warehouse...

PeeplMoovr

wannab@dis said:
But then again, I don't live in the past nor do I mind change. ;)

I like change. How about this for a change? Take down the wand. I'm not living in the past, I'm living in the future... a future with no wand. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom