Epcot Wand up or down? (POLL)

Do you want to see the SE wand stay or get the boot?

• I would hate to see it go, I want it to stay!

Votes: 234 38.7%
  • It is annoying, I would tear it down myself!

Votes: 370 61.3%

• Total voters

SpenceMan01

Take Grizz's picture, an arm on the other side, and motorize them making them go up and down.....

Voila!

Mickey transported from Fantasmic to reign over SSE and all of Epcot! Maybe that would get the fountain back in front of SSE. :p

Steamboat_Kevin

I gotta be honest. I like it :lookaroun

I've only been to WDW once when it wasn't up, and it's one of the first things I see when I arrive. I really wouldn't want to see it go, it holds nostalgia for me.

PamelaNiebergal

I've seen SSE in person without it and I've seen it in person with it and I think it looks good either way. I voted to keep it up because I think it looks really pretty at night from across the water. However, if it came down that would be okay too.

wannab@dis

Rototom said:
Down as fast as possible.

I may be wrong but my guess is most people voting for it to stay were never there before it was up.

Why? I have seen SSE without the wand and I don't mind it at all. I guess I don't see the big deal about the wand. I believe someone mentioned it already, but it's really nice at night and still looks nice during the day. I just don't get the hatred of the wand, LaL and the Sorceror Hat. But then again, I don't live in the past nor do I mind change. ;)

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
okay here are the reasons I like(d) it, I think that it gives spaceship earth a nice decoration

I dont like it because it has overstayed its welcome!

MissM

I think the wand is a little tacky myself. I kind of miss the simplicity of Spaceship Earth on it's own. Though I've gotten used to it I'd still prefer it down.
-m

gsimpson

Leave the wand, lose the tombstones

I don't mind the wand. In answer to someones statement I am both "older" and have been to Epcot (or should I say Epcot Center) many times before the wand was up. I don't much care for the character style/font they chose for Epcot. I would like them to change it, tastefully, for the 25th (lets hope they don't repeat the cakecicle-castle aesthetic travesty they commited over at MK).

Whoever thought putting what for all the world looks like a grave yard in the entrance esplanade needs to be shot. The leave a legacy tombstones are nothing short of depressing and very ugly. I guess they were trying to remind us that in the future we are all dead...... how uplifting.

MiRi

Even though I think the wand looks nice, I don't even care if it stays or not anymore. Whatever is fine with me.

GoofyFan1

PeeplMoovr said:
I'm amazed that so many people actually like that thing.

I be curious to see if younger people like it more than older people.

Oh - I voted for blow it up, then crush it into little pieces and sink it to the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean.

:wave: I'm 41 and don't mind the wand.

TheOneVader

I don't care. Would I have put it up in the first place? No. Would I take it down? No, because the money could be spent elsewhere and do greater good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom