Epcot wand coming down?

hauntdmansion79

Here is another vote for removing the wand. (oh and it defanitely does NOT host a cell phone tower). I loved SSE earth the way it was before the wand. When everybody called it a golf ball or simply "the ball".

I like the looks of the hat at MGM, but don't like the positioning, like everyone else. But I've stopped wishing for it to be different, because it will never be moved. But the wand on the other hand, may still be moved someday.

I also would like a redesign of the entrance to Epcot too.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You know, wand or not, the fact that SSE no longer changes colors at night is really sad.

It used to have different moods and looks - now it's just purpleish.

Tim G

Here is another vote for removing the wand. (oh and it defanitely does NOT host a cell phone tower). I loved SSE earth the way it was before the wand. When everybody called it a golf ball or simply "the ball".

I like the looks of the hat at MGM, but don't like the positioning, like everyone else. But I've stopped wishing for it to be different, because it will never be moved. But the wand on the other hand, may still be moved someday.

I also would like a redesign of the entrance to Epcot too.

In that case... I've got another surprise for you... :lookaroun

The wand will stay... for at least the next couple of years... Period. :kiss:

And about the EPCOT entrance...

It will stay exactly the same as it is now... And that's a promise...

imagineer boy

Corrus said:
SURPRISE

The wand will be removed in 2007...

The night after March 31, to be more precise...

MUST. RESIST. URGE. TO. KILL. CORRUS.:fork:

:lol: :wave:

marni1971 said:
Lee`s right - the Hat is for a status symbol. The fact it`s also a store pleases management no end. Here`s a radical soloution; move the water tower to behind the Theatre. Have it line of sight of Hollywood Blvd. Voila; a great street with a great vista, a great buillding visible again, and the parks symbol visible to all.

That's a great idea! I really wish Disney would do this.

hauntdmansion79

Good, then what I said was correct....the wand may still be removed someday.

And for the EPCOT enterance I wasn't talking about removing the gravestones, but what about landscaping, trees and such...you are saying they will NEVER change ANY of that?

ears2you

In that case... I've got another surprise for you... :lookaroun

THANK GOD! i love the wand! it adds a disney-ish feel to the entrance

hauntdmansion79

I LOVE Disney and whatever they do, I will always follow with interest and excitement....as long as they are always improving their parks, and not leaving them to get stale.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
LOL:DLOLThey're NOT gravestones... it's called ART...

Lost in translation and butchered by budget.

The installation at the front of the park looks nothing like the conceptual art nor the designs. It incorporates few of the design elements that were desired.

wedenterprises

LOL:DLOLThey're NOT gravestones... it's called ART...

Just because it's "art" doesn't mean it's pretty. These things are hideous. The wand doesn't look too bad until you walk right underneath it.

I love how in all the Disney books, Imagineers boast about all their techniques and philosophies then they go and plunk things down like the wand, the hat RIGHT infront of the theatre and turn the castle into a cake...these all seem like contradictions to me. I guess there really is a struglle between the creative force/ability of WDI and the shareholders/execs.

The wand was cool, but it's been up there for nearly 8 years. I say they take the wand down and paint spaceship earth a shimmering blend of colours the way John Hench wanted it. Or maybe repalce all the triangles with LCD screens.

What makes the wand not work for me is that it makes Spaceship Earth look small. It also takes away from the fact that it is supposed to symbolize earth, not a crystal ball or something that a giant mickey hand would wave a wand infront of.

The hat in MGM is fine, but not where it is currently. They could make a "cartoon" land in MGM with the muppets, animation tour, animated characters from movies, pixar etc and put the hat there. I dunno, SOMETHING...but the theatre is such a great image when you walk into MGM.

and hey, maybe John Stamos will buy the wand too.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I always thought it was because MGM needed a better icon than the earful tower. Until I saw this....

That's why I asked why they would want to hide it.

Mann's Theatre is copywrited (sp?) and Disney would have to pay MEGABUCKS to use it as their Icon

Chape19714

What is in the ball is a lot more important than what is above the ball. Let's get that straight people.
While the attraction is impressive, SSE (the building) is far more recognized world-wide than the attraction itself. It stands for Epcot. It's just like saying that Cindy's royal table is more important than the castle. It's an icon, and icons are always far more of an asset to a Disney Park than any attraction. The fact that there is an attraction/restaurant inside the icon is an added bonus.

IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom