Epcot wand coming down?

AlishaMisha

As an MEngr. , I must say that the picture you are referring to may have played a shadow trick on you. If the shadow was to the left or right, then a sliver of shadow may make your observation incorrect.;)

I don't know for sure. I'm just sayin'.

Nope. Look for yourself. Its perfectly clearly WAY off centered. Not to smoosh you in the dirt or anything. Im just correcting you for people who are curious... ...I wish it was perfectly symetrical in relation to the park but it doesn't really matter to me as long as it doesnt look off in person. When i go next im going to observe it more to see why the decided to do it that way. Sorry again for correcting you after you tried to correct me...~Leash

cm1988

Giving it up

Ok, I wasn't supposed to divulge this secret information, but few people will see this, anyway.

Both the Hat and the Wand are moving to the new Villains park to be constructed along Western Way, (and accessed via monorail extension). The wand will no longer say Epcot, of course. One side will say "Entrance" and the other with say "Exit"... a cost-saving reuse of existing "e's".

The question is, due to scaling issues, can the Wand be positioned over the Hat, or should it tower over the Leave A Legacy Garden by itself? LALG will be at the hub of the new park... and from that perspective guests will see Fire Mountain, the Dragon Tower coaster, an Austrailian-themed coaster (the boomerang?) and... believe it or not... Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

What seems perplexing is, J. Thaddeus Toad is an antihero, not a villain.

Dj Corona

Other then the gift shop, and although it's only once a year, ESPN usually does all their stuff from under "the hat" during ESPN weekend, and I think a couple of times, i've seen a DJ playing family friendly-esqe music during some nights, but I could be wrong. (Actually, the DJ might've been set up on the same stage ESPN was on, after they were done, not sure.)

Rob562

Nope. Look for yourself. Its perfectly clearly WAY off centered. Not to smoosh you in the dirt or anything. Im just correcting you for people who are curious... ...I wish it was perfectly symetrical in relation to the park but it doesn't really matter to me as long as it doesnt look off in person. When i go next im going to observe it more to see why the decided to do it that way. Sorry again for correcting you after you tried to correct me...~Leash

I don't really want to get in the middle of what appears to be a personal squabble, but did you skip over my earlier post? I point out the reasons why the Google Earth aerial image makes it appear that SE is off-center. (It's not that it's off center, just the the viewing angle and/or lens causes the view to be slightly from the side.) Looking at the post-show building coming off the back of Spaceship Earth CLEARLY shows that you can see the entire eastern side of the building, which means that either a) the building's eastern wall is built at a severe slope (which it's not), or b) the angle of the photo makes for skewed viewing.

If you want to stick to those images, try this one:
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=5220529

You can draw a line straight through the center of the monorail tracks, the planter, fountain, between SE's front two support pylons, SE itself, SE's post-show building, information desk and the Fountain of Nations, all on one axis.

-Rob

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Here's one vote for it staying permanently.

It is a nice reminder of the 2000 year. I think it actually does a lot for the park. If they want to get rid of something, get rid of that stupid hat in MGM.

I know I'm really late into this thread, but I'd like to second the removal of the hat! :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Why dont they get rid of that stupid castle at the MK, its not a proper castle and its plastic, it also blocks the carosel from main street.

DisneyMusician2

I never liked the hat, I always thought the water tower was a better symbol when they used it on the promotional stuff. But the wand takes away from the grandeour of SE. It was always impressive in its simplicity and look, and I think the wand makes it look tacky.

Remember, Disney had to add the Mickey hand/wand and Sorcerer Mickey Hat to remind the more "simple-minded" general guest public that indeed, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios are both DISNEY parks. The Mickey references are there to help verify that Mickey Mouse does hold the deed on these two pieces of magical land. I am sure all of us have heard people refer to Magic Kingdom as "Disney World", oblivious to the fact that every park on property is ALL of "Disney World". I just force myself to believe that the majority of guests DO know that all 4 theme parks are of Disney royalty. I mean, come now, they have to pass through the Walt Disney World Resort gateway to access them, not to mention the tons of directory and promotional publications that easily confirm the existence of 4 major theme parks in one majestic “world”.

Okay, enough ranting.....I'll go on again when they rename Epcot “Disney's Epcot” and Disney's MGM Studios “Disney Studios”. But as for now, give people the benefit of the doubt and take down the blatant, tacky Mickey references (not that Mickey is tacky, he is one of my heros!!) and allow the original park icons to shine with their original, solitary glory.;)

Rayray

I don't really want to get in the middle of what appears to be a personal squabble, but did you skip over my earlier post? I point out the reasons why the Google Earth aerial image makes it appear that SE is off-center. (It's not that it's off center, just the the viewing angle and/or lens causes the view to be slightly from the side.) Looking at the post-show building coming off the back of Spaceship Earth CLEARLY shows that you can see the entire eastern side of the building, which means that either a) the building's eastern wall is built at a severe slope (which it's not), or b) the angle of the photo makes for skewed viewing.

If you want to stick to those images, try this one:
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=5220529

You can draw a line straight through the center of the monorail tracks, the planter, fountain, between SE's front two support pylons, SE itself, SE's post-show building, information desk and the Fountain of Nations, all on one axis.

-Rob

Thank you. Now that's that.

TimeTrip

Not so much...while i agree with you, If you look at it from google earth it's off centered :cool: ...Im sorry, Im a mathmatition. I can't help but be picky about poportions and cymetry :hammer:...I knew I just had to say it or I would explode :dazzle:.

:king: ~Leash
Hmm, how did i miss this gem of a post? As others have pointed out, you probably misinterpreted the angle at which the picture was taken as a sign of asymmetry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom