EPCOT Update: AT&T & Pure and Simple Gone, and What's Left of Food Rocks

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m with The General on SE - one of the last true epic omnimovers. Maybe another rehab (10 years since the major changes) - but not too much tinkering. And please - don`t change the music! Still give me gooses.

These 2 proposed RUMOURS :animwink: really intrigue me - things will get interesting on the boards. Can you elaborate on the Innoventions idea? And surely they can`t demolish the north east corner of the building - dosn`t that contain DACS?

Shaman

So about this rumored Canada water attraction...would this be built where the old millenium village facility stands or somewhere else in the area?? Interesting rumor!!!

Great update too!!

:D :wave:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by marni1971
And surely they can`t demolish the north east corner of the building - dosn`t that contain DACS?

Perhaps chunks of buildings will remain - ICE STATION COOL, please.

All I know is that both buildings will be flat-out levelled. . . although I guess these DACS areas wouldn't. Gardens, fountains, I guess (I'm assuming the big fountain will remain) with bridges, etc. That's all I know. Wish I had a photo. Again, all from an exec.

(And don't take this as "BS." I remember reporting about Food Rocks being converted to Soarin over California last JUNE. :p )

And I second that SE comment.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by objr
Interesting rumor!!!

Indeed. It would take root where Soarin' ends. . . and, I am unsure if it will take over World Showplace. I think it SHOULD so as to have a nice open area.

One person I just talked to suggested that O'Canada might be closed to serve as a queue. To quote Koda, "I don't like this story."

But, hopefully, the new attraction (which is still not confirmed!) will keep the theater and ROSE GARDEN completely intact.

General Grizz

Original Poster
All the landscaping could be a version / part of a variaiton on Project Gemini...

Most of Gemini is cancelled. . . I do not believe the new plans are under this name "officially," but it probably rooted up from ideas trying to be saved from the original plans.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by General Grizz

All I know is that both buildings will be flat-out levelled. . . although I guess these DACS areas wouldn't. Gardens, fountains, I guess (I'm assuming the big fountain will remain) with bridges, etc. That's all I know. Wish I had a photo. Again, all from an exec.

It sounds like Discovery Land... slowly, but surely coming to fruition. Dunno if thats a good thing... or a bad thing... But a water ride in Canada sounds MUCH better than a "Rainforest" Themed coaster squeezed in FW. :sohappy:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12
It sounds like Discovery Land... slowly, but surely coming to fruition. Dunno if thats a good thing... or a bad thing... But a water ride in Canada sounds MUCH better than a "Rainforest" Themed coaster squeezed in FW. :sohappy:

Agreed! I think all these plans are great, so long as it's tasteful. This is VERY promising.

And if you say Discoveryland again, I'm going to pour SODA down your pants.

Shaman

For some reason...I like the idea...I think it will add to the overall beauty of Epcot...I mean gardens and fountains will allow for a warmer more impressive atmosphere as opposed to the cold concrete feel of the innoventions buildings...I am concerned though...because maybe there are better uses for these pieces of land...maybe for some smaller attractions, maybe even one or two dark rides (I'm thinking like Fantasyland over at MK)....but maybe there isn't enough space...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hope this demolition idea falls through - Eisner will have totally lost it if it gets a green light. Those buildings house shops, toilets, food service, not to mention air conditioned spaces and a refuge from thunderstorms. Does Epcot really need more gardens? I`m not doubting you for a second, Grizz, I just hope it dosn`t come true. As for the Canada ride - lets hope so! Just leave the CV360 intact....

SirNim

The era hath finally collapsed (in regards to AT&T and SE)... Sad news. They are doing nothing with the Global Neighborhood area... They want to demolish Innoventions! I'll reserve my judgment until any plans for the "garden" materialize, but I must say I would be sad to see the Innoventions buildings levelled, if only for their architectural merit...

General Grizz

Original Poster
Actually, I'm attracted by the gardens idea. Just the way I envisioned it. I didn't envision just a walkaround garden, but a multi-level walking, interactive area with bridges and fountains. Just seems like an ideal place to relax.

I don't know. But it Wonders of Life and Spaceship Earth are safe, along with that whole Coaster deal, then I'm starting to feel settled with EPCOT. It's really a great, great compromise.

Next step, I think: reinvent Wonders of Life while keeping same theme and totally overhaul Imagination.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I hope this demolition idea falls through - Eisner will have totally lost it if it gets a green light. Those buildings house shops, toilets, food service, not to mention air conditioned spaces and a refuge from thunderstorms. Does Epcot really need more gardens? I`m not doubting you for a second, Grizz, I just hope it dosn`t come true.

The area in and around Innoventions is a concrete hell hole that gets hotter than the core of the sun, in the middle of the summer :lol: or anytime... period. Its very bland.... There is very litte shade around that area. I say plant lots of trees and green it up... and do it tastefully! And maybe add a few buildings here and there with bathrooms, and maybe some food carts offering unique food items...:sohappy:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Oh, and Nim, I hope you're happy with the new Living Seas! And yes, it will be horrible to see Innoventions pavilions gone IF this ever happens.

But I think seeing Horizons gone was far worse. . .

SirNim

reinvent Wonders of Life while keeping same theme
They must - it's too important a topic to not deal with in some fashion...

And yes, for the time being at least, SE still is "safe," so 'tis good news...

SirNim

But I think seeing Horizons gone was far worse. . .
*approvingly grunts*

Oh, and Nim, I hope you're happy with the new Living Seas!
Is that sarcasm? :lol: :p

('cause I do hope the new additions will be intriguing :lookaroun)

Shaman

Kinda makes you wonder...which should be done first...the re-invention of the WoL pavilion or the rumored water attraction?? Come to think of it, the Imagination ride needs some re-invention too...eventually so will UoE...lets see what happens...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom