EPCOT Update: AT&T & Pure and Simple Gone, and What's Left of Food Rocks

General Grizz

Original Poster
Nim - you requested that Nemo be added to a minimum with an emphasis on SeaBase alpha. So far, this is the case! It's exciting.

Wonders of Life needs new thrill ride, updated play areas with new characters, and a nice freshening (keep the Cranium Command & theme!)

Imagination needs a totally new breed of ride with Figment...and Dreamfinder in some form. AND a reopening of a brand new Image Works UPSTAIRS.

What an ideal EPCOT this could be. . . if focus is on the quality.

Unfortunately, neither the Imagination or WOL plans are probable based on Eisner. The budget is so bad at Seas that it looks like no SeaCabs.

*sigh. . . *

SirNim

Originally posted by General Grizz
Nim - you requested that Nemo be added to a minimum with an emphasis on SeaBase alpha. So far, this is the case! It's exciting.
Oh yes! :lol: Right you are, and I stand by my statement! :lol: You sure have a knack for quoting my forgotten declarations!

epcot2004

Losing AT&T is horrible. I hope that it doesn't mean the end of SE as we know it. I is so sad to see the "slow, painful death" of the WoL pavilion, either keep it open or get rid of it. It's not very Disney to walk into what looks like a going out of buisness sale (walled off restaraunt, empty gift area). As for Innoventions it should be re-worked but I'm not sure that I want to see the buildings removed.

cloudboy

if only for their architectural merit...

Ah, well, if you say so...

Actually, I think that redesigning the core of Future World could be interesting. There's no way I could possibly see them leaving it completely open - they still need facilities for the gift shop and restaurant. As far as DACs it could conceivably be moved. Difficult, but it could be. I would think they would demolish one side first and then build that up, THEN the other.

I like the idea about the Canadian ride - a long time ago (maybe 7 or 8) I remember there was a rumor going around about a log flume ride, but then again there was a rumor that EVERYTHING was going to be turned into a log flume ride due to the success of Spalsh. Then it was everything was going to become a drop ride like TOT. It's a small world after
A
L
L
L
L
!
Thanks Grizz!

/Edit/
Dang that didn't work.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
If the Future World Gardens plan goes through, will it include the demolition of the Mouse Gear building, along with the Electric Umbrella and Fountain View dining locations? (as long as Pin Central isn't touched, i'm good.....:lol: )

I actually like this idea, because it will make the entire area open. Right now, the entire area feels so cramped. And i'll also be glad to see Innoventions gone (for some odd reason, I like Disneyland's version better. :lookaroun ). As a matter of fact, I haven't been inside the place in at least a year or two. It's a waste of space to me.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
As a matter of fact, I haven't been inside the place in at least a year or two. It's a waste of space to me.

Agreed. If there were decent stuff in there, then I'd be concerned. I can only think of the House of the Future to put in that category.

SirNim

Originally posted by cloudboy
Ah, well, if you say so...
I am very fond of the "futuristic" designs of the Future World pavilions in all truth. The Innoventions Plaza, flanked by the two Innoventions crescents on the eastern and western sides, has a very inspiring air to it, imho... :) Though the Innoventions buildings themselves are not as awe-inspiring as, say, SE, they do contribute to the wonderful aura defined by vintage EPCOT Center. :)

Expo_Seeker40

Ok just to throw in another two cents:

Why not rebuild a new "Earth Station on the "Global Neigborhood" site. We need a large area for people to go to once again. I'm sick of the tiny cramped booths around innoventions plaza.

I know the Earth Station had the World Key Information influence, but I don't recall it actually being sposored by the Bell System or AT&T. This way we don't need a company updating a post show area, but rather have a large "customer information center" if you will. LOL come on we need some new touch screens, giant plasmas, and surround sound in the new Earth Station. Oh wait, "they're" not going to do that are they? Too much on the plasmas, so they go with a simulator that really does nothing. Before you know it, there will be a single user, and fastpass line at the nearest bathrooms around SSE. :lol:

Dayma

Not another thrill ride to replace Body Wars. I think it is about time they make a new Darkride with some of the new technology out there. Just seems they keep building thrill rides lately and not much else...just my opinion.

Testtrack321

Originally posted by General Grizz
Actually, I'm attracted by the gardens idea. Just the way I envisioned it. I didn't envision just a walkaround garden, but a multi-level walking, interactive area with bridges and fountains. Just seems like an ideal place to relax.

I totally agree. But I think that they should keep some parts of Innoventions, such as a transporation, home, entertainment, and businsness section which would be placed around the garden.

jrriddle

Great report Grizz! Thanks!!
(this was the meeting you spoke of correct?)

WOW! I'm excited by the Canadian Ride! Besides for the obvious reasons! Great news!

I like the garden idea alot. It will be like an oasis in the middle of all the concrete (which I like as well). Did the themeing for it look anything like the new water area by M:S and TT?

I am disapointed by the emptyness of the SSE pictures. I hope they find a new sponsor soon, ditto for WoL.

I am very disapointed by the news of the Seacabs. I suppose that alot of visitors (even people on this board) do not remember them. But for us older folks, it has to be a big let down. Maybe one day...

DarkMeasures

What they should do is Tear down the Innoventions buildings, move CoP right behind the fountain, and rework that area to include massive forests and gardens while having new Innoventions/Communicore style attractions located under the foliage.

My only worry about the gardens is that that's a huge amount of wasted space and facilities.

Defend10

Originally posted by DMC-12
Kewl.... Hopefully Microsoft or someone else with more $$$ (than At&T) and that truly cares about SSE will pick up the sponsorship... and fix it up and take of it the right way.
I think you have the idea, here. Even when they have the money, will they really fork it over to take care of the ride, or do they just want the name? I guess we'll find out shortly :cool:

Michael72688

get rid of Innoventions! its never been that great in my mind, and I've never seen it crowded. As for the a/c thing, there like 11 countries in the back that all have indoor places where you can go and do stuff. As for SE, close it and start over, enough said. The Canada idea would be awesome, WDW needs more water rides for our hot summer days. Finally for WoL, I personally dont think anything is every going to happen here, its very old, out dated and I just dont think Disney is willing to dump large amounts of $$ into it, I know I wouldn't!

DarkMeasures

Originally posted by Michael72688
get rid of Innoventions! its never been that great in my mind, and I've never seen it crowded. As for the a/c thing, there like 11 countries in the back that all have indoor places where you can go and do stuff. As for SE, close it and start over, enough said. The Canada idea would be awesome, WDW needs more water rides for our hot summer days. Finally for WoL, I personally dont think anything is every going to happen here, its very old, out dated and I just dont think Disney is willing to dump large amounts of $$ into it, I know I wouldn't!

Innoventions- You have several problems with your plan.
1. World Showcase opens later than Future World
2. It would be mean to force a person to walk far and wide for some coolness. Heatstroak could become a problem.

SE- You idea is wrong
1. It's a classic ride.
2. All it needs is a good rehab with a newer smoother track and the videophone scene replaced by the internet.
3. your evil for even thinking of this.

Canada Water Ride- I like this idea

WoL- Something really new would have to be built for the pavilian. I say convert Body Wars to Missions Space Centerfuges.

Michael72688

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
Innoventions- You have several problems with your plan.
1. World Showcase opens later than Future World
2. It would be mean to force a person to walk far and wide for some coolness. Heatstroak could become a problem.

SE- You idea is wrong
1. It's a classic ride.
2. All it needs is a good rehab with a newer smoother track and the videophone scene replaced by the internet.
3. your evil for even thinking of this.

Canada Water Ride- I like this idea

WoL- Something really new would have to be built for the pavilian. I say convert Body Wars to Missions Space Centerfuges.

now if Body wars was like M:S, I would go on it

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by Defend10
Really? How confident are you in this?

I'll vouch for his credibility. His information has been usually 100% on the money (unlike some of the people who seem to post these days...)

Defend10

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
I'll vouch for his credibility. His information has been usually 100% on the money (unlike some of the people who seem to post these days...)

I'm not questioning his credibility, just asking him how confident him/his source is/are on this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom