EPCOT Update: AT&T & Pure and Simple Gone, and What's Left of Food Rocks

Michael72688

General Grizz said:
GRIZZLY UPDATE! We just learned that the plans to change Spaceship Earth have RESURFACED.

I REPEAT - the ideas have RESURFACED at WDI.

Brace yourselves. This is gonna be another hot summer.

woo hoo!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Michael72688

General Grizz said:
Funny you're not even aware of what these changes include.

all I heard was the word change! see I dont think you people get it, I never said I wanted SSE to become a coaster I just think it really needs to be changed, make it something different, maybe something the entire family can ride but different, the current ride is dull, bumpy and is only good for the A/C

LiveStrong

Account Suspended
Michael72688 said:
all I heard was the word change! see I dont think you people get it, I never said I wanted SSE to become a coaster I just think it really needs to be changed, make it something different, maybe something the entire family can ride but different, the current ride is dull, bumpy and is only good for the A/C
you are also probaly best friends with that guy who started the fight about the new character suits....lol!...i.e. not for wdw.

sse needs to be updated only in the parts about present day, and MAYBE a smoother ride system, but overall its great. youre young and dont know what youre saying, its okay, weve all been there!

Michael72688

LiveStrong said:
you are also probaly best friends with that guy who started the fight about the new character suits....lol!...i.e. not for wdw.

sse needs to be updated only in the parts about present day, and MAYBE a smoother ride system, but overall its great. youre young and dont know what youre saying, its okay, weve all been there!

I'm young and I dont know what I'm saying?!?! I know exactly what I am saying, and I'm saying it for a lot of people, SSE sucks the way it is. I know I know you are gonna come back and say well everyone loves it, but your wrong everyone on this site loves, from there is gets very speratic and the love really isnt so strong

ToTBellHop

Why does a person who dislikes Disney so much and refuses to even visit anymore while thinking Universal Orlando is heaven belong to a Walt Disney World Fansite? I'm not trying to be mean, but I honestly am curious. This would be like me joining a Universal fansite...

Michael72688

because when I joined I enjoyed going to Disney, now you should also know in the next few years as some new rides open up, E:E and the stunt show, I'll think about going back to those parks but I dont think I could ever get an annual pass there again

diddy_mouse

ok, i came in a little late to this whole debate...but i think i'm ready to add my two cents...

great update Grizz, its really sad to see how empty SSE looks inside (stupid sponsors and money and so on :fork: ). also i am unhappy about the demise of WoL. i knew it was coming but i am sad to see it go. unfortunately i was too young to remember the undoing of Horizons, but i feel that WoL has that classic appeal to me, seeing how it was one of the orginial Epcot pavillions (i believe).

also, i find it all of the discussions about a water ride in Canada funny. it would be great to have an update (as i've mentioned before... O! Canada) however, i am one of those people that thinks a ride doesn't need to be applied to everything to make it interesting. :zipit:

i like a lot of how Epcot is and would like that basic "frame" to stay relatively the same. but there is room for improvement. Innoventions being the first thing...for an area based on new advances in technology and the like, its really, really lacking. i walked through it on my last trip and was met with sweaty computer geeks, going to town on the video games. really not appealing to me. :mad: as for the fate of SSE, i think that it is a classic and should remain untouched (theme wise)...similar to rides in MK, it could use a sound system update or whatever. but you don't see classics like Peter Pan getting an overhaul except for maybe regular maintenence.

ok...that's enought of my ranting :lookaroun: hope it wasn't too repetitive, but thats the opinon from this Epcot fan :D

tigger248

Michael72688 said:
But I still disagree, in my opinion Universal Orlando is the perfect family destination, and in my opinion beats Disney by leaps and bounds, each park has a great balance of thrills and family rides or attractions, better then the balance at Disney. Last time I checked WDW claimed to be a family resort destination, fun for the entire family, but there is one park that does not accomplish this goal, Epcot. If adults want something to do, go to pleasure island, dont waste 300 + acres for that.

Ummm sure, Universal is a "perfect family destination". I'm sorry but when I have kids, I don't think I'm gonna waste a vacation and spend a lot of money on a park where my kids can't ride half the stuff due to height restrictions. Disney is a family destination in that families can enjoy the attractions together and have fun together, which is what Walt wanted all along. All of the Disney parks INCLUDING EPCOT are family parks in that everyone can enjoy most everything (with the exception of 2 rides with very low restrictions) together.

EPCOT also is not just an adult funplace. It (believe it or not) is geared at families just like all the other parks. My neighbors took their 2 small children to EPCOT for the first time a few weeks ago and the 7 year old told us all about how much fun she had. On the other end, my grandparents' favorite park is EPCOT and my grandmother says she could just live in EPCOT. Of course everyone I know in the middle also loves it.

Oh and I'm 21 years old and I don't go to PI when I'm in Fl. I'm just not the clubbing type and it's (no offense) stupid to assume that all adults need to go to clubs to have fun. PI and EPCOT could not be more different and I don't think they should even be compared. EPCOT in no way, shape, or form is a waste of 300+ acres.

Just my opinion though.

tigger248

Michael72688 said:
Islands of Adventure has rides for everyone, but that park is a million times better then Epcot will ever be.

Then stay at IOA.

I could list a lot of things that make disney better than universal, but most people already know them. Universal's theming isn't as good. Universal allows people to smoke everywhere (nothing against smokers, I just don't smoke and don't particularly like being around it due to allergies). Universal doesn't really do parades and the ones they do, are nowhere near as good as Disney's.

Universal is a nice park, but it's one of those places that I can go to once and get my fill for the next several years, whereas Disney I could go to everyday if it was possible. The only reason I go near Universal on all my trips is so I can eat at Margaritaville. Then I eat and leave.

Michael72688

The only really good parade Disney had was Tapestry. So what Universal does do parades, big deal, also if Islands of Adventure is not well themed then I dont know what theming is. Finally if Islands of Adventure is so terrible was has it been voted the worlds best theme park for the past few years?

General Grizz

Original Poster
"Finally if Islands of Adventure is so terrible was has it been voted the worlds best theme park for the past few years?"

Voted by whom? Teens?

Epcot was rated #1 in Consumer Reports. IOA was nowhere near the top Disney parks on that list. 'Nuff said.

tigger248

Last I checked, Disney was rated higher than universal and visited more.

Tapestry was a good parade, but the other three are better in my opinion. Disney's fireworks are better.

If you think Universal's theming is good, then you're right, you don't know what theming is. Universals coasters are normal coasters with very little theming, mostly just in the queue areas (which I'll admit are impressive for Dueling Dragons). Disney's coasters are built into mountains and have stories to go with them. Disney doesn't show their backstage areas at all. You can drive on a road that goes right behind Universal's attractions making the backside of the rides very visible.

Plus you can go to Downtown Disney to eat or shop for free. You have to pay a stupid rediculous $8 parking fee to go to citywalk to shop or eat.

jrashadb

Mike... dog... I'll put it to you like this...

Many, many people on these boards have proved any and all theories you have hard wrong.

Your "Logic" has no basis on reality. All you can bring us is the opinions of one 17-year-old kid. And, to be quite honest, we don't care about the opinions of one person, regardless of his/her age.

You've consistently bad-mouthed Disney parks and Disney rides on a DISNEY WEBSITE.

Listen... you have the right to express your opinion wherever and whenever you want. As a journalist, I respect that. I'm just sayin'... you might be fighting a losing battle here... especially because, you know, you're wrong. I was going to say "You couldn't be more wrong" but you have some good concepts when you say about SSE needs some changes. You're right when you say it needs to be refurbed. It does. The last third of it is bad. Not "not as good as the rest of the ride. It’s bad...

Bad, bad, bad.

But, you're just going about it all wrong... revolution doesn't come with a sword. It comes with a scalpel. Calm down.

Like I said... if you don't like it ad you just want to go in and wash out half the park and try to re do areas, just go to IoA and Six Flags... your dollars won't be missed. But, if you want to try to come up with ideas to fix it, we'd love to hear your ideas...

And not, "They should tear down Spaceship Earth, and Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life and make them cooler..." We don't want to hear than nonsense. If you have better ideas, let's hear them... maybe we could get that opinion of you (next to your name and junk) to go up.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
GRIZZLY UPDATE! We just learned that the plans to change Spaceship Earth have RESURFACED.

I REPEAT - the ideas have RESURFACED at WDI.

Brace yourselves. This is gonna be another hot summer.

Grizz, do you know if as this is in making an entirely different attraction, or just giving the exisiting ride a major rehab? Let's just hope for a rehab, it really needs some help.

where my kids can't ride half the stuff due to height restrictions

Universal Studios Florida has FOUR attractions with a height requirement, and one of those has stationary seating available for those under the requirement....Magic Kingdom has SIX attractions with a height requirement. Islands of Adventure, however, has NINE attractions with a height requirement.

Universal allows people to smoke everywhere

Universal Orlando has designated smoking areas, just like Walt Disney World has.

You can drive on a road that goes right behind Universal's attractions making the backside of the rides very visible.

You also can do the exact same thing at the Disneyland Resort.

You have to pay a stupid rediculous $8 parking fee to go to citywalk to shop or eat.

After 6pm, parking is free. IMO, I'd rather pay $8 to park my car in a garage instead of on a parking lot (thank you Annual Pass! :) ).

If you think Universal's theming is good, then you're right, you don't know what theming is. Universals coasters are normal coasters with very little theming, mostly just in the queue areas

Funny how everyone only brings up the two coasters as the problem with Universal's theming. IMO, Universal Studios' theming is ten times better than the theming at the Disney MGM Studios. Jurassic Park has the best theming that I've ever seen at a theme park. All of Islands of Adventure has incredible theming that I honestly think is up to Disney standards.

Now remember, I am a loyal Walt Disney World visitor, but I also enjoy Universal Orlando just as much. I'm also only 16. However, Epcot is my favorite theme park.... :animwink:

MichRX7

Premium Member
Isn't this a great forum. We can all have opinions. Everyone has reasons for liking/not liking any of the parks. :sohappy:

fudwrapper

General Grizz said:
The Land – Food Rocks has been completely gutted. Most of the Audio-Animatronics figures have actually been destroyed, although some of the sets and characters were salvaged.
Destroyed! I hope they salvaged beloved Fud Wrapper!!!

Expo_Seeker40

"Michael72688" you have every right to state your opinion, but just remember your on a disney message board. :hammer: :cool:

Ok, I'm a teenager and I like Spaceship Earth, honestly, a trip to EPCOT Center/Epcot could never be complete without it. Really, it's one of the very few things we have left for a mega AA's ride from EPCOT Center, with the possibly excpetion of UoE or Imagination.

I like SSE for many reasons, too many to say, but one of my best reasons is because I can ride it with my entire family. I had to ditch my grandparents both at test track and mission: space, but we ALL got to go see Universe of Energy, the Land, living seas, etc. We finished up the day on the late afternoon riding Spaceship Earth with only a 5 minute que line.

Hell, I love going to Universal, Six Flags, etc, but I have no problem learning something on my vacation, I even did Kennedy Space Center. :sohappy:

EPCOT Center [or however you wanna call the park] is not ment to be a park full of thrill rides, it is ment to learn and inspire, but to also have fun. I agree with so many on this board, the final 1/3 of SSE sucks! No I never saw "Tomorrow's Child nor walter cronkite", but after seeing a video of it, though dated, its concept is far better than what we have for an ending. The ride needs help no doubt in that, but it is a necesity for it to stay!!!

I know I'm not the only person who thinks this, BUT is Spaceship Earth is gutted, I don't care if they keep the sphere with or without the wand, I will NEVER...EVER go back to that park again! If that ride is lost[ and or the carousel of progress] it will signal the literall progress in the end of the Disney Corporation as we know it, and I will never enter those parks again. Yup it might sound harsh, but if they start taking out unique and historic rides that mean so much to me and others, I have no reason to go visit or buy anything from Disney, they can all go to hell. :fork:

Michael72688

this is going to be my last post on this topic, I'm sick of fighting with you guys about this. But of course one last thing, I was told earlier that I didn't want to learn or keep an open mind, I think the majority of people are not keeping an open mind and not seeing that there are seven other parks in Orlando alone that can by far better theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom