EPCOT Expansion Pads

Thrill Seeker

:dazzle: Agreed. Even a low bro park like Six Flags or Universal wouldn't leave a large space empty for people to walk right on by. Disney has a problem with using space.

That or a problem justifying the spending of money to build new attractions in Florida...

hpyhnt 1000

I know the purple areas on the diagram are labeled future,what are the red parts,I'm confused!:veryconfu

Other way. Red is possible expansion, blue/purple is expansion space that is currently being utilized.

Martin, in the FW diagram you have listed, what are the two lines coming off the monorail beam over by Horizons/WoL? Was that possible expansion for another shop/maint. area or was it for an extension of line elsewhere on property?

Jasonflz

That or a problem justifying the spending of money to build new attractions in Florida...

:brick:And yet Seaworld and Universal are more than happy to build new things. It is really sad for a park that has lots of class.

I have a trip soon....The Fanboy in me needs it.:lol::lookaroun

:lol: I get you. The funny thing is, that I noticed on my last trip, when you are on the boards it is easy to nitpick every little problem with Disney but when you go you don't notice it as much.

Red has the potential to be used, I think.

Possibly but what are the odds? I can see WS getting a new pavilion in the future but I don't think it will happen in FW.

EPCOT Explorer

:lol: I get you. The funny thing is, that I noticed on my last trip, when you are on the boards it is easy to nitpick every little problem with Disney but when you go you don't notice it as much.

Possibly but what are the odds? I can see WS getting a new pavilion in the future but I don't think it will happen in FW.
I notice it...But I don't let it bother me until I get home.:lol: When I'm there, I'm there. It's surreal. You think about a place for so long and then you are finally there. It doesn't seem real. I'm starstruck in a sense.

The odds? No odds...All depends on TDO.:lol: I too think that a NEW WS Pavilion will come before a NEW FW one comes. However, it seems that refurbs in FW are always more prevalent.

WDW Vacationer

Red has the potential to be used, I think.

Other way. Red is possible expansion, blue/purple is expansion space that is currently being utilized.

Martin, in the FW diagram you have listed, what are the two lines coming off the monorail beam over by Horizons/WoL? Was that possible expansion for another shop/maint. area or was it for an extension of line elsewhere on property?
Thanks guys!:wave:

vonpluto

I notice it...But I don't let it bother me until I get home.:lol: When I'm there, I'm there. It's surreal. You think about a place for so long and then you are finally there. It doesn't seem real. I'm starstruck in a sense.

The odds? No odds...All depends on TDO.:lol: I too think that a NEW WS Pavilion will come before a NEW FW one comes. However, it seems that refurbs in FW are always more prevalent.

"Is World Showcase Finished?"
David Koenig piece over at Mouseplanet, 9/08:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/8537/Is_World_Showcase_Finished

Jasonflz

Very well said. When I finally looked up and saw Cinderella Castle it took me a minute to fully comprehend exactly what just happened. The magic of Disney I suppose.

Also, good point on the refurbs. I just am having trouble seeing anything happening with Epcot for a while. Fortunately MK should get what it needs.

EPCOT Explorer

Very well said. When I finally looked up and saw Cinderella Castle it took me a minute to fully comprehend exactly what just happened. The magic of Disney I suppose.

Also, good point on the refurbs. I just am having trouble seeing anything happening with Epcot for a while. Fortunately MK should get what it needs.

Exactly!:D And it always looks "new" and "different" to me. EPCOT most of all. I'm always in complete awe how HUGE it is. Its finally real, not just a picture in a book, or a image on a screen.

And yeah, on the current status of refurbs. Hopefully SSE gets its finale this year. (Before DEC?:lookaroun) and work begins on MK. Hopefully JII will fight it's way in.

Jasonflz

Exactly!:D And it always looks "new" and "different" to me. EPCOT most of all. I'm always in complete awe how HUGE it is. Its finally real, not just a picture in a book, or a image on a screen.

And yeah, on the current status of refurbs. Hopefully SSE gets its finale this year. (Before DEC?:lookaroun) and work begins on MK. Hopefully JII will fight it's way in.

:lol: Exactly how I feel. Funny thing is, Splash Mountain looks WAY smaller when you are in the queue. EEA looks strange from outside. Both sides go straight up when you face them but from afar they look like they are spread out.

SSE does need an ending though. (another funny thing is that I didn't even notice the lack of it. I was in awe at my head on a cartoon character. I was also in awe that my dad's picture had him sticking out his tongue at the screen.:lol:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sigh.... that is the planned route of the east monorail spur to the DTD area, originally the LBV line.

EPCOT Explorer

:lol: Exactly how I feel. Funny thing is, Splash Mountain looks WAY smaller when you are in the queue. EEA looks strange from outside. Both sides go straight up when you face them but from afar they look like they are spread out.

SSE does need an ending though. (another funny thing is that I didn't even notice the lack of it. I was in awe at my head on a cartoon character. I was also in awe that my dad's picture had him sticking out his tongue at the screen.:lol:)

Exactly!:sohappy: And AA looks huge from afar and small up close! :lol: I love it. It'll be interesting to return to MK after a 3 year hiatus next week...(hopefully...Pray...:lookaroun)

See with SSE, I was too busy looking for triangles.:lol: And marveling to how small it feels in the sphere.

Jasonflz

Exactly!:sohappy: And AA looks huge from afar and small up close! :lol: I love it. It'll be interesting to return to MK after a 3 year hiatus next week...(hopefully...Pray...:lookaroun)

See with SSE, I was too busy looking for triangles.:lol: And marveling to how small it feels in the sphere.

;) The power of perspective.

For MK, don't bother with TL. It will just be depressing for you. Also, you might get lucky as I did and get let into backstage TL to watch a fireworks show. It is pretty cool to stand where the Galaxy theater used to reside and study the backside of CoP.:D

EPCOT Explorer

Sigh.... that is the planned route of the east monorail spur to the DTD area, originally the LBV line.
Ahhh....Very cool. Odd placement, though. Woulda looked odd for Horizons and M:S now.

;) The power of perspective.
For MK, don't bother with TL. It will just be depressing for you. Also, you might get lucky as I did and get let into backstage TL to watch a fireworks show. It is pretty cool to stand where the Galaxy theater used to reside and study the backside of CoP.:D
Indeed!

And are you nuts!?:fork: There are walls for me to look over!:D
Was that spur supposed to go through the top of the Dolphin as well? A Transportation CM told me, so it must be true, right? ;) :ROFLOL:
:lookaroun

vonpluto

Was that spur supposed to go through the top of the Dolphin as well? A Transportation CM told me, so it must be true, right? ;) :ROFLOL:

Of course it's true!
You must have missed it!

dolphinmonorail.jpg

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom