EPCOT Entertainment cuts

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe you are right, but you really shouldn't care about how much money they are making or saving, you should only care about the guest experience. If they bring in crap (or nothing) to replace it, then Im right along with you.
Oh I care about the experience. Especially when it began to go downhill.

And when guests aren't being put first, but MyMagic overruns are.

WDWLover#1

You're right, but your math is a little off. You stated that you're all for new stuff being added, however, that looks more like this.
2+1=3

Instead, we're getting something more like

(2-1)+(1-1)=1

That's not really an addition.
Touche

squidward

Has it been mentioned yet that the Spirit and Fife will be going as well?

If I were the Voices of Liberty, I'd get my resumes ready.

cabihler

WTH!!!!!! hey if the think they need OTHER entertainment acts to freshen it up that's fine but WHY cancel shows that are beloved????? to save a few dollars????? why not add to what you have, in other words IMPROVE it don't DESTROY it. just another example of being totally disconnected with what your guests truly want. i will be there on the 12th, fortunately, so i will see them one more time. this will be my 108th trip to WDW since 1978 and i swear DISNEY keeps giving me more and more reasons to go there less and less over these past few years.... TIME TO BRING BACK EISNER!!!!

216bruce

I am so mad about this. British revolution was a good band their wonderwall cover was great I loved how they all different British rock. Off kilter was great to they where my first show I saw at Epcot and they did a amazing free bird. I am 27 years old so I don't think the music is getting outdated since most of my friends love classic rock.
According to the Official Disney blog (as of about 3:15pm) British Revolution is STAYING!! That's one small step for man, one giant leap for a non-budget cut. I'll take it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I dont think WDW needs to be in the business of developing Rock Cover Bands nor have them on their payroll, there are PLENTY of talented acts in EVERY city that can step RIGHT in and perform. Yikes its not like people are banging down their door to hear their original music.Contractor work sounds about right. The more quality ethnic acts might be a harder find.

If I had actually been making that point you would be right, but I wasnt. I had typed slowly so as not to confuse the hard of thinking, but I see that my comment suggesting that we may actually have to see the act to decide if they are poor was a tadd too subtle.

Clamman73

Bring It
celtic.jpeg

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
According to the Official Disney blog (as of about 3:15pm) British Revolution is STAYING!! That's one small step for man, one giant leap for a non-budget cut. I'll take it.
Love this information!!! Coincides with what I was told last night so I Am one happy girl!!!! Marie

DisUniversal

Where has that been reported? Some place reliable?
Saw it on a twitter for some site that turns into "******" here. If you look at the Orlando Sentinel article, it says "The new entertainment will be added to Epcot over the next few months, the company said"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...-epcot-acts-off-kilter-20140828,0,263112.post

Also, on the parks blog, there is the following response. Note that it doesn't say following days or even weeks...says following MONTHS. Maybe they'll try to coincide the new entertainment with the opening of the parking garages so they can have a huge media event.

Shawn Slater on August 28th, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Harold – New experiences are planned to make their debut in the following months. We’ll feature each new group on Disney Parks Blog as they open.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom