EPCOT Entertainment cuts

NMBC1993

I know of nothing beyond seasonal work. If anyone has a couple million in the bank and always wanted to open up an interactive comedy club, now would be the time. I can give you some promising locations up on I-Drive.

Remember what I said earlier about Universal casting out their nets? How amazing would it be to see them snatch up the remaining cast and set up something very similar at CityWalk? That would be a big kick in Disney's side...if you ask me:D Heck, I'd put down my money in advance for something like that just to see it happen!

On a completely unrelated note..Irish Rover from OK just starting playing on my "random favorites playlist" while I was washing the dishes just now.

Very Appropriate:)

SoupBone

I finally figured it out! Disney is getting rid of that stale as always Off Kilter who never engaged the audience whatsoever, nor provided any entertainment at all to make way for the magical Canadian American Idol experience! That's why MGM Idol was axed!

What a great day for us all!

NMBC1993

I finally figured it out! Disney is getting rid of that stale as always Off Kilter who never engaged the audience whatsoever, nor provided any entertainment at all to make way for the magical Canadian American Idol experience! That's why MGM Idol was axed!

What a great day for us all!

"Canadian American Idol"

Ok, I'm calling it.....I would have rather had that on the outdoor stage, instead of the lumberjack:p

Nemo14

I don't know why everyone's so against the new lumberjack show...
lumber1.JPG

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Remember what I said earlier about Universal casting out their nets? How amazing would it be to see them snatch up the remaining cast and set up something very similar at CityWalk? That would be a big kick in Disney's side...if you ask me:D Heck, I'd put down my money in advance for something like that just to see it happen!
After PUSH left, I was really hoping that he would be turned into a Minion and taken over to Uni.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Just in from work. Been getting messages all day.

That must be the most hurried Disney PR release in a long time. Talk about a public relations nightmare.

They again wrongly try and fix what's not broken and ignore the things that they know are crying out for help.

Bets on the new contracts being signiificantly cheaper? This is afterall due to a direct park entertainment budget cut.
bl9ez.jpg

NMBC1993

After PUSH left, I was really hoping that he would be turned into a Minion and taken over to Uni.

OMG!! Minion-Push would be the cutest thing around!

He'd even have an eye with goggles covering the ol' Tomorrowland logo:joyfull:

Edit: Or what about turning Push into a London bin that had been jinxed and is being handled by a witch or wizard from the Ministry of Magic's Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office?

It would match the theme!

Last edited:

SoupBone

Just in from work. Been getting messages all day.

That must be the most hurried Disney PR release in a long time. Talk about a public relations nightmare.

They again wrongly try and fix what's not broken and ignore the things that they know are crying out for help.

Bets on the new contracts being signiificantly cheaper? This is afterall due to a direct park entertainment budget cut.

I really hope this is the type of PR nightmare that finally changes their way of thinking. Sadly, I doubt anyone even accepts responsibility for this epic failure.

PhotoDave219

I'm telling you, we are not that far away from a time when the only Equity gigs on property will be at the Luau and Hoop, and they'll only survive because there's an admission fee and it's making them money.

(And to that point, there's some rumbling that Hoop may drop to two performances a night...)

No. We're not far off. We're losing equity roles left and right,

Anyone with the union can tell us how many equity jobs we've lost in ten years?

mlayton144

Count me in the minority that is happy that OffKilter is going bye-bye. Epcot should celebrate ethnic culture of the host-county, and at the end of the day OffKilter is just another LOUD rock cover band (dime a dozen). For those that might not live in Metro areas I can see them being special to watch, but when you are 3 countries away and can still hear them that isnt cool. Send them to Downtown DIsney or something.
I AM sad to here MoRoccin and the US attraction leaving, I thoroughly enjoyed both of them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom