Epcot dissapointment

Goofyernmost

Seriously people.

Someone reports that a major show element at a Disney theme park failed and all you can do is attack with snippy comments?

People spend a great deal of money to visit WDW and have rights as consumers to expect they will be provided with the goods and services they actually paid for, or to receive refunds when those goods and services fail to meet reasonable expectations.

Perhaps the worst bunch of Disney apologists I've ever read on these threads.
I really didn't expect to see you use the phrase "apologists". I thought you had more of a grasp on reality then that. Were the reactions a little mean spirited? Perhaps, but, with the current underlying national mood it isn't surprising that people would misunderstand what was being said. However, to later make a statement (hint) that because a small mechanical portion of the show failed on one given night falls under the "refund" obligation is exactly the attitude that is making it tough for us to ever get good things. Talk about unreasonable expectations. So like the OP said, it was disappointing for them, but certainly not a disaster and even if a refund were justified (it wasn't) it wouldn't amount to more then the percentage of the show that was involved so maybe $5.00 back. Really lets get serious. And the others that seemed to be trying to find a way to vent frustration don't let the bully's tell you that you cannot have positive thoughts about things and not fall into the me, me, me scourge on current life.

Probably one of the worst cases of entitlement apologist actions that I have seen for a long time.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Seriously people.

Someone reports that a major show element at a Disney theme park failed and all you can do is attack with snippy comments?

People spend a great deal of money to visit WDW and have rights as consumers to expect they will be provided with the goods and services they actually paid for, or to receive refunds when those goods and services fail to meet reasonable expectations.

When did a snippy comment constitute an attack?

Goofs Gal

Yawn I see you're one of those online kindness people, makes me nauseous
Don't have to be overly kind online or overly rude online. Just be your normal self. I really think many of these comments were fine and not really over the top with some indications of a little rudeness here and there. If you wouldn't say it right in front of the persons face than don't sit behind your computer screen and type it.

Bandini

OP sorry for your disappointment. If this happened to me when I was attending an Illuminations dessert party, I'd be disappointed too. I just hope this is a one off.

I'm amazed that people here started suggesting a crying towel. Now if you had said you were "devastated" it would be a different story.

StarWarsGirl

paid and went to illuminations desert party tonight and the earth globe did not work
Never seen that happen before
I'm interested: did they just have nothing going on when the globe was supposed to be out or did they replace it with fireworks?

I have had it happen once in all of the times I've seen Illuminations, but they replaced it with fireworks.

MaryJaneP

We appreciate OP giving us a heads-up in this malfunction. We find other posts much less informative of current unexpected problems. How many times do we need to hear about line-jumpers, tour groups, mass chanting, light bulbs burned out, trash accumulation? The OP's information could go into a visitor's calculation of whether extra money for a less-than-perfect show is well spent or not.

Goofs Gal

I can assure you there is no pretense here. My real life persona closely how I am on here

Being a religious super fan does not mean I have to practice what my idol preaches. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a cold person We can't all be bundles of joy
So you would say to a total stranger straight to their face that they make you nauseous because they are kind? I highly doubt that.

21stamps

We appreciate OP giving us a heads-up in this malfunction. We find other posts much less informative of current unexpected problems. How many times do we need to hear about line-jumpers, tour groups, mass chanting, light bulbs burned out, trash accumulation? The OP's information could go into a visitor's calculation of whether extra money for a less-than-perfect show is well spent or not.
I hope no one would decided against a dessert party because of this. The same way that if a ride malfunctions one day that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to get another fast pass for a different day.

I don't think the OP was being over the top. I think people asking "what did guest services say" are being over the top.
There is no cause for contacting guest services here, nor is there cause for any kind of compensation- unless there was not any food at said dessert party or the show was cancelled completely. It stinks, but malfunctions happen.

Goofyernmost

Heads up? Because of a mechanical malfunction that for anyone that never saw it before would not really know it was missing? A warning? The OP's information could go into a visitor's calculation of whether extra money for a this one less then perfect show is was well spent or not. Of course that would be like betting on the 2016 World Series winner today. Might be a pretty easy bet. Really it was just someone telling us that the particular show, that day, had a problem. They really weren't paying for the show because that was happening anyway. What you paid for is location and dessert.** I guess it could be said, when using the refund argument, that every single person that paid to get into Epcot that day and stayed to watch Illuminations should be expecting a refund shortly.

Now maybe if the OP had kept their eyes closed throughout the rest of the show and never saw any of it because they had someone there to inform them when the globe came into the show, then they might have missed a lot. Otherwise, other then disappointed, not much actually happened of any concern.

With food prices what they are at WDW, if the price of $50.00 is true... that is what was paid for not the show.

Imagineerwannabe

We had disappointment caused by Epcot in October.
Rude CM at the parking lot, rude and miserable CM in guest relations, poor and non existent character interaction at baymax m+g, SSE had no face shot photos and had some of the Main lights on during the ride. AAs in 3 caballeros ride don't function.
I complained as we had friends and family who only had 2 day tickets and didn't have a good impression of epcot. It hasn't stopped us booking and going back for Xmas.

Raineman

I think what we're seeing in this thread is a microcosm of what this whole forum has been like lately. There seems to be a negative vibe in almost every post lately, and even mostly positive people are being affected, including myself. Us "apologists" or "pixie dusters" are starting to reply in the same aggressive, demeaning manner that the negative majority on here reply most of the time. I'm sure everyone on here can agree that WDW is not perfect, and there are improvements that need to be made. What some of us prefer to do, is accentuate the positives that WDW still has to offer, and recognize the negatives but at the same time realize the potential positives that the negatives could become. Listen, as someone who can probably only visit WDW once every year at the most, I am doing a disservice to myself to let WDWs shortcomings affect my trips there.

Sonic Sunglasses

I think what we're seeing in this thread is a microcosm of what this whole forum has been like lately. There seems to be a negative vibe in almost every post lately, and even mostly positive people are being affected, including myself. Us "apologists" or "pixie dusters" are starting to reply in the same aggressive, demeaning manner that the negative majority on here reply most of the time. I'm sure everyone on here can agree that WDW is not perfect, and there are improvements that need to be made. What some of us prefer to do, is accentuate the positives that WDW still has to offer, and recognize the negatives but at the same time realize the potential positives that the negatives could become. Listen, as someone who can probably only visit WDW once every year at the most, I am doing a disservice to myself to let WDWs shortcomings affect my trips there.
You're absolutely right, and I adjusted my response accordingly. Everyone is stressed these days, and piling on seems like an OK thing. But it's not. Being at the parks makes me happy. And yes, when something isn't working correctly it is a disappointment. The last time I was at MK, I had a brand new camera and couldn't wait to get some snaps of the Maleficent clockwork dragon breathing fire. Guess what she wasn't doing that day? I understood that for whatever reason the effect wasn't being used. But it was still a bummer. Had I paid extra for a prime spot to get the photos, it would have been more than a little disappointing.

My apologies to the OP for my initial response.

squidward

Seriously people.

Honestly, it's why I don't post here much anymore. Never liked the DIS as you can't say anything without sprinkling pixie dust on it, but this place has gotten ridiculously rude. Sad that the Mods don't step in and try to make it a bit friendlier of a place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom