Epcot Closed Today! (7/17)

s25843

Confirmed Via Guest Services. They Dont know If it will open at all.
Power Outage and crews are working hard to fix it

WDWspider

Originally posted by s25843
Confirmed Via Guest Services. They Dont know If it will open at all.
Power Outage and crews are working hard to fix it

No kiddin' I wonder what happened to be that Major.

Terp02

I'd assume the electrical source for the park either blew or it was it by lighting or the wires fritzed out. Something along those lines. Or those bastards at Universal sabotaged the park :lookaroun .

rcamire

Because I can post to my site from my Blackberry text pager, and I will be heading out there to take a look. No wireless web access, YET!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Fire Closes Disney's Epcot
Flames Reported At Distribution Center
Posted: 9:08 a.m. EDT July 17, 2002
Updated: 10:17 a.m. EDT July 17, 2002

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A small fire that cut electricity at Walt Disney World's Epcot resort Wednesday forced officials to close the theme park to tourists, according to Local 6 News.
The fire reportedly started at one of the park's electrical distribution centers at about 3:30 a.m.

Walt Disney World spokeswoman Diane Ledder said that a small fire in a transfomer apparently cut electricity to several areas of the resort.

"The problem is that we lost power to several areas of the resort, which have now been restored except for Epcot," Ledder said. "We have some power but because we don't have full power we are not opening the park at this time."

Epcot, which is known for being open 365 days a year, has only been closed a few times in its history, according to Local 6 News.

"This is highly unusual," Ledder said. "But once again, it's not something to be concerned about. It was a small fire and it's out. We are working to restore power."

It is not known when Epcot will reopen, Ledder said.

There were no reported injuries in connection with the fire.

Watch Local 6 News for the latest on this breaking story.

Here's the link to the page: http://www.local6.com/orlpn/news/stories/news-156278720020717-080736.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom