Epcot Closed Today! (7/17)

RonR3

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Yes! Figment is returning!! :sohappy: :king:

Or, maybe it's Test Track so they can put Horizons, JII, or WOM, or KK in there...

(Just kidding!)

What does KK stand for?

Quentin Disney

Original Poster
About an half an hour ago, WESH (NBC Channel 3) is reported that all the CMs have gone home. They haven't decided to pay them today or not.

Aw well, I guess I'm going to drive out there to see what's up. I'm off today and sick of spending time in front of a monitor.

s25843

Originally posted by Quentin Disney
About an half an hour ago, WESH (NBC Channel 3) is reported that all the CMs have gone home. They haven't decided to pay them today or not.

Aw well, I guess I'm going to drive out there to see what's up. I'm off today and sick of spending time in front of a monitor.

Im in Delray Right now, dont feel like taking a 3 hour drive and paying 40 bucks for the Florida Turnpike. Hah

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Quentin Disney

You would have thought that Disney would keep the CMs at work to help out in the other 3 parks which are going to be really crowded

Jekyll

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

You would have thought that Disney would keep the CMs at work to help out in the other 3 parks which are going to be really crowded

Those CM's may not be trained for the other parks so they can't work there if they wanted them too. Plus costuming.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

anything to save a buck :)
But, you can have TOO many CM's...

but there is NO excuse to have any restaurants, etc. to be closed...so EVERYTHING should be open today.

joho0

Just heard on the local news that Epcot will be closed for the rest of today with no word on if it will be open tomorrow or not. :(

joho0

News13 reports the substation is located just to the east of Epcot. Also, they report park officials now say they are planning on being open tomorrow. :)

MKCustodial

Man, talk about a crisis... And can you imagine what must've gone on Guests minds when they heard EPCOT was not gonna open, with 9/11 and all.

brandonz

Epcot's energy services

Here is a picture of Epcots energy building. I think this is where the fire might have been. The quality of the pic isnt very good so i circled the building to make it easier to see.

Attachments

• epcot energy.jpg
    epcot energy.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 430

LRV3400

Other disney parks

Well the other parks are going to bear the brunt of the spill off of Epcot bound guests. Disney MGM Studios has added a second Fantasmic! tonight which also means they will be open till 10:00 probably with RnRC and TOT open till 10:30.

LRV3400

Fire location

Yes it was probably there or in one of the stations located next to the building. When I drove by this moring there were many trucks and vehicles parked all around the area which are usually not there.

Maria

Thanks for the map! That´s where I thought it could be! The good thing is that that area is very reachable and easy to get to because it´s not that "backstage"... if you know what I mean... it´s at the very entrance of the cast parking lot, straight from that street to backstage Epcot... can´t see well the name of it and can´t remember it.

I´ve heard of Future World closing once before for a power outage. It was in the summer of 99 and I was working with Guest Relations by the board for the shows and waiting times and the power went off... people were sent to another park and WSC quickly openned -with whoever was ready- at 10:30am. Park hoppers for the day were given to those who had "one day one park" tickets. I honestly don´t remember when the power came back to FW.... ;)

RobFL

Account Suspended
Maria,

It's Backstage Lane off of Beuna Vista Drive, it's right across from Bonnet Creek Resort construction access road (now that is).

For tourists, it's am easy access way to get to I-4 from Downtown Disney.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Anyways..

I called in this morning, my second day in a row, before i knew what had happened. I wodnered why the guy was asking all of my info, normally it comes up on the computer and they know it and jsut confirm it.

Anyways, when i said "I'm calling in sick for the Universe of Energy" he laughed and i couldn't figure out why...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom