EPCOT Amputation 07/30

Figment82

I'm back - give me a few minutes to upload pics.

Just an FYI, I will be away from my computer for the majority of the coming week (I'll still be on property, I'm just not sure how much internet access I'll have). So while I have no doubt that there are plenty of people who will be able to take pics, I'm just letting you know now.

cooleo

Maybe they'll give Mickey his arm back after seven years? :)

I actually thought that there was some sort of accident at Epcot, and someone's limb had to be amputated!

I thought the same thing at first, but right as I clicked the link, a little light bulb popped on in my head...LOL.:lol:

cb3k

The problem with the earful tower being the icon of MGM is its location at the park. With the other 3 parks, the icon is the focal point when you enter the park. In the case of MGM the thing at this location was the Chinese theater. Because of this it became the icon in the eyes of the average guest not the tower that was located in an obscure corner at the back of the park. From my understanding there were some issues with licencing that made this a big problem and I am sure that the imagineers did not intend for a non-Disney item to be the icon for one of their parks. As much as I don't care for the hat it was pretty much the only solution for this problem.
Exactly...however, as a kid I always associated the earful tower as "Im finally at Disney"...When coming in to the world it was the first thing my family and I would see and thats when the real restlesness started.

Figment82

n19303205_30757925_5219.jpg

n19303205_30757927_5996.jpg

n19303205_30757928_6360.jpg

n19303205_30757929_6717.jpg

Expo_Seeker40

In the first pic it looks like the silhoutte of mickeys hand on the park entrance side is trying to give the finger but for some reason can't.

GodzillaMickey might be trying to say...."......*gasping for air*....efff you all....I...I....will live...on ebay....forever....*weird laugh* until crane comes by and moves more of arm* :lookaroun

uklad79

So each hand is made of 2 pieces. We have 3 remaining so that's 3 more nights work. Then lets say 2 weeks to remove the rest of the steel framework? Then the rest of the time will be removing the stars from SSE? That leaves allot of time to remove them! I guess the second crane wasn't needed after all.

Number_6

Can't wait to see how it looks when I get down there in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the rest of the arm/wand segments will be down and with any luck, maybe they'll start taking the stars off. I'd love to get a picture of SSE in it's almost former glory again.

Baums101

Hi there, folks! I am pleased to report that as I closed the EPCOT station tonight, I watched as they removed the Mickey hand from the “icon tower,” on the side facing the park.
Just the begining part of your post makes me wish I lived in WDW. Its kind of weird but it does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom