EPCOT Amputation 07/30

ToTBellHop

possible...but they didn't remove the Earfel Tower. They would have to remove the Hat. Anything's possible, but that's somewhat unlikely. It fits the theme of MGM better than the Wand fit Epcot, at least.

WDWFigment

possible...but they didn't remove the Earfel Tower. They would have to remove the Hat. Anything's possible, but that's somewhat unlikely. It fits the theme of MGM better than the Wand fit Epcot, at least.

Or, as history has taught us, they would just need to put in a new icon that is more ostentatious. I think if they put a giant set of Mickey ears on top of the Tower of Terror and started marketing that more, and ceased marketing the sorcerer's hat, we'd have ourselves a new icon!

jmvd20

Talking about park icons...

I can't wait till Disney wakes up and realizes how ridiculous and stupid that castle looks at MK. Talk about not fitting in with the theme of a place that has to top this list.

A big phony castle viewed from Tomorrowland, yea that's futuristic.

How about Main Street, yea every small town Americana I have been in has a castle in it.

Adventureland, nope doesn't fit with that either.

Fantasyland is the only place that the castle fits into the theme of, unfortunately I guess the castle feels it is too good for Fantasyland though - after all it just shows its rear end to Fantasyland.

Oh, thanks for the update about the wand though... ;)

maui2k7

Back to the destruction of the day...

Merf - any chance you are gonna take a trip out to Epcot in the next day or so for the latest? Your photos are excellent!

bassman

awesome.
fantastic news.

merf, like someone before me suggested,we could use your photgraphic skills on this one:D .

that is if your not too busy :lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The problem with the earful tower being the icon of MGM is its location at the park. With the other 3 parks, the icon is the focal point when you enter the park. In the case of MGM the thing at this location was the Chinese theater. Because of this it became the icon in the eyes of the average guest not the tower that was located in an obscure corner at the back of the park. From my understanding there were some issues with licencing that made this a big problem and I am sure that the imagineers did not intend for a non-Disney item to be the icon for one of their parks. As much as I don't care for the hat it was pretty much the only solution for this problem.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Whoo! :sohappy:

I bet Mickey's arm fell asleep years ago. Could you imagine the insane 'pins and needles' feeling he was having? I'm sure he appreciates putting it down now.

TheDisneyMagic

Wow, what a step for them to take, thanks for the update I am looking forward for photos to start appearing later. I bet it looks strange looking at just the steel structure from that side.

kcnole

Merf already stated in another thread that he wasn't going to be available this week to take pictures. He was just certain something big would happen this week. Looks like hes a prophet too.

Vernonpush

Merf already stated in another thread that he wasn't going to be available this week to take pictures. He was just certain something big would happen this week. Looks like hes a prophet too.
Well, They've been reading his posts :lookaroun and They know :lookaroun he's going to be away :lookaroun , I think They are doing this on purpose. :lookaroun :ROFLOL:

Hopefully, there will be someone from WDWMagic there this week to post some pics!:lol:

Figment82

I'll be heading over in a little bit, and I'm off today - so if you guys can wait maybe an hour/hour and a half, I will have photos for you.

bassman

Well, They've been reading his posts :lookaroun and They know :lookaroun he's going to be away :lookaroun , I think They are doing this on purpose. :lookaroun :ROFLOL:

Hopefully, there will be someone from WDWMagic there this week to post some pics!:lol:

well actually i had forgotten that he said he was going away until i posted

oops sorry.:brick:

i mean erm yeah i have been joking the whole time:lookaroun :D

Epcot82Guy

Wonderful news! I hope they take the other half off soon. I'll be at Epcot on Friday, and if that could all be off the ironwork, I would be VERY VERY happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom