Epcot 25th Dessert Reception Interest Poll

READ Thread FIRST! Then vote!

• Total voters

brkgnews

start with using your username and real name. Paypal will open in a new window (or tab, depending on your web browser). Keep that window open, and go back to the original page and enter another name and hit the submit button again. Your paypal window will update. Repeat as neccessary until all names are added, then hit the checkout button.

Worked for me, at least.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It let me type in just the "full name" and leave the wdwmagic name blank. I also got away with typing "notwdwmagic" for that name.

jasondiff

As far as I have tested, neither of the fields are required for the paypal payment to go through. It will just show up in the cart without a name. But if it is a problem, do as merf did and put "notwdwmagic".

Figments Friend

Great job Jason!

:sohappy:

Just had to post in here and say again a big THANK YOU from me for offering to handle this part of the special Event! This is going to be AWESOME!!

I also posted in the original 25th Event thread, but i will note it here too.....i am fine with the cash bar option as it does open up more refreshment options for those attending. I for one will enjoy the fruit juice, bottled water, soda additions.

Again, thank you for you efforts in helping to get this idea off the ground! I may have come up with the spark of the idea, but it's guys like you and Jedimaster that are doing all the hard work!

I tip my Golden Mickey Ears to you!

DizFanatic

Working on the trip detail$, but it's almost definate now that we'll be joining in:sohappy: .
:rolleyes: A silly suggestion, after a large group is confirmed, we may want to think of having t-shirts or something made. Custom tee's are not that expensive. I can search for some info if you like. Again, some people may think that it's silly or even cheezey, but just a thought. Any comments???
And thanks guys for taking the time to make these arrangements!!!

Scar Junior

I'm going to wait until I am more certain on things. Sorry... I'll be there to celebrate during the day. I just need to wait before I can sign up for the after-party.

But thanks for all the work you guys are doing to set this up! It'll be awesome. Perhaps a trip to Jellyrolls is in order for those adults wishing to attend an after-after-party?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
having t-shirts or something made...
What? And look like a bunch of foriegners?? Wait... I AM a foriegner! :lol:

I think various people are getting their own retro tops, or even digging out old original t shirts. Kind of a walking museum of the Centorium.

DizFanatic

What? And look like a bunch of foriegners?? Wait... I AM a foriegner! :lol:

I think various people are getting their own retro tops, or even digging out old original t shirts. Kind of a walking museum of the Centorium.
:rolleyes: OK, I guess that one vote for the idea being cheesey.

jasondiff

So how many are we up to now with all the +1's and +2's?

I've stopped counting people since I started taking the payments. I'm up to 15 paid so far, I want to get to 30 or so by midweek so I can be fairly confident we'll have enough people before sending the deposit to Disney.

jasondiff

I just want to encourage everyone who wants to come to the dessert party to try to get me your payment within the next few days. 25 people (+ family/guests) voted for #2 in the poll but I have only received payment from 15 total so far. I really want to get to 30 or so by Thursday so I can feel comfortable we'll have enough to make the event work. We need a minumum of 50 for the pricing to work, but I'd feel comfortable with 30 so far. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get stuck with a $500 deposit. So please send in your payments soon.

CLICK HERE for the post with the details and link.

As long as we get at least 50 people by September I have no problem refunding people if they can't make it. The key is the magic number 50.

Thanks!
Jason

jasondiff

I'm up to 18 now, still would like to get a few more people in before the deposit is due. I emailed the event coordinator to see when is the last day for the deposit, to give people as much time as I can. I'm waiting for her reply. If we can get 5-10 more people in the next day or two I'd be happy!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm up to 18 now, still would like to get a few more people in before the deposit is due. I emailed the event coordinator to see when is the last day for the deposit, to give people as much time as I can. I'm waiting for her reply. If we can get 5-10 more people in the next day or two I'd be happy!
I should have mine in by the end of the week which will tack on another 5 people paid.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A very depressing fact was just brought to my attention. This event is on the same night that we were going to go to MNSSHP and due to other members of our parties flight arrivals and the day we leave we are not able to schedule MNSSHP on another night. So it looks like I will not be able to attend.:cry:

blackerbys17

This is a great idea! I gave my son an IllumiNations B-Day party at the UK Upper Terrace in late October. We had a blast!!! We didn't do a dessert party because since we were already having cake, more dessert didn't make much sense. So we created a customized appetizer menu. We had mini pizzas, mini hot digs, kabobs, chicken wings, bleu cheese meatballs wrapped in bacon, chips, and some other stuff. Everything was very good and there was soooooo much food! Our coordinator was excellent (we had Blair). We were treated like royaly and all of my guests were wowed!

On a side note, for those of you planning on doing custom t-shirts, please keep in mind that if you want to use a Disney logo the shirts will have to be made by Disney themselves or by an approved vendor (few believe ir or not). We had a LOT of problems with this, I created a special logo for my son's birthday in a sorcerer Mickey theme and was told that wasn't allowed, same for the napkins I wanted to have imprinted. In the end, I used a simple fireworks graphics for my custom napkins and didn't do t-shirts. Not what I had in mind but nice just the same. Just thought I'd mention it since someone mentioned custom shirts.

Hope to see you all there!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom