Epcot 25 Years Gallery

blm07

The blimp model was there on Oct 1, I got a picture of it. The Horizons track is actually a test track built in California.

George McGinnis said:
The Horizons test track was built at the Tujunga Blvd facility in Burbank, several miles from WDI in Glendale.

coilback

Okay, I recorded the "We're Getting Ready" video as well. I got a bit closer, so the audio is a bit better (and the gallery was really empty). The other music playing in the background bled over it a bit. Feel free to check it out (I'm uploading the Illuminations videos I did as well, so feel free to look at my other vids):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J_ht2CpBOM

ChrisFL

Premium Member
No problem. Now if I can get the damn song out of my head...

The Illuminations videos are uploaded now as well.

I was at Epcot saturday and I think they should lower the volume of the video, it's just not a great song compared to the other music from the old attractions they're playing in the building

coilback

Me too - that song is hidden gem! We're Gettin Ready for You! Shame it is so short.

It gets long real fast after going through your head about 50 times. Kinda like Small World.

The Gallery, while neat, isn't that big at all. It really does come off like an afterthought.

jeffb

It gets long real fast after going through your head about 50 times. Kinda like Small World.

I still love it after 50 times, I would not be surprised if it was composed by the Shermans, it is that catchy.

The Gallery, while neat, isn't that big at all. It really does come off like an afterthought.

It was an afterthought. Disney had indicated they weren't going to do anything and then they did a 180 as we got near October 1st. My understanding is that they had 6 weeks to put it together. I thought it was great and was very happy they put it together. Seeing the robot butler from Horizons was probably the highlight for me. I would love to see them put something like this together at all 4 parks (doesn't have to be over-the-top) and rotate the items on display.

KeeKee

The idea of a "history" museum-type attraction at eachof the parks would be fabulous!!! I can only hope someone with the ability to make it happen is listening.

JWG

The idea of a "history" museum-type attraction at eachof the parks would be fabulous!!! I can only hope someone with the ability to make it happen is listening.

Even if they put all the park stuff together in a central location like Downtown Disney. Heck, I'd pay $5 to walk through it.

Brock615

As always thanks for the pic's Merf.

Is that Marty in the white shirt?? I would have loved to have gotten a picture with him. To me meeting him would be as close to meeting Walt himself. I believe he is the only person to have been at the opening of every Disney park in the world.
Awesome photos! I too can only hope that the exhibit is still there in August 2008 when I make my next visit!

I read the post about wishing to meet Marty Sklar & I had the honor of doing so back in June 2004. I went on a 7-night Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean and as luck would have it Marty & his family were there. Marty gave 2 lectures and I was able to score his autograph! However, the big surprise was when I took my second excursion of the day in Grand Cayman. I visited the Cayman Island Turtle Farm and as I headed aboard one of the many tour buses I quickly realized that apart from a handful of others - such as a British newlywed couple - the bus was almost entirely filled by Sklar family members including Marty himself! You could pick out the relatives as they were all dressed in WDI clothing. :)

Marty & his family were great & in many ways he was as big a "tourist" as we were snapping away with his camera. I remember him jumping a hedge at the governor's mansion adjacent to the public beach to get a better photo. Also, from that day through the end of our cruise Marty & his family were very friendly with me whenever they saw me around the ship or on shore.

Finally, during Marty's official autograph session (I guess I really wasn't suppose to approach him after his first lecture) he & I shared some inside jokes from the excursion! It certainly made others wonder just how I knew him!

Suffice to say meeting Marty Sklar was certainly a highlight of my 2004 Disney Cruise!

TheBeatles

I saw this on the Horizons Tribute on Yahoo...
horizonsbacklot.jpg

This is from the Backlot Tour. Now I have two questions...

1) Where is this on the tour?
2) Was this the same helmet used in the EPCOT gallery?

EpcotServo

This is from the Backlot Tour. Now I have two questions...

1) Where is this on the tour?
2) Was this the same helmet used in the EPCOT gallery?

It's in the prop building you go in before the loading zone, towards the back, on the right wall. I know because I've touched them a few times!
:D

also there is LOTS of World Of Motion props in that building as well.

TheBeatles

It's in the prop building you go in before the loading zone, towards the back, on the right wall. I know because I've touched them a few times!
:D

also there is LOTS of World Of Motion props in that building as well.

Do you know if the helmet is presently there? If not then I would assume its in the gallery.

I've always wished I could photograph all the WoM props back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom