Epcot 25 Years Gallery

CThaddeus

does anyone know how long this gallery will be up????

No one seems to have a definitive answer for this. I've heard 30 days, 60 days, and more often 90 days. Considering there is nothing else going on in this room the rest of the time and they weren't even staffing it after the first day (at least there wasn't anyone around both of the other days I went in it), they could just leave this open for the entire year. I'd probably guess the 90 days, though, as that's the number I've seen and heard most often.

CThaddeus

What was in the space prior to the 25th anniversary gallery going in?

A whole lotta nothing, from what I've seen during past trips to Epcot. It may have been used for something at one time, though...like perhaps a smallish meeting room.

lilredfoxie

What was in the space prior to the 25th anniversary gallery going in?

During the Communicore Era, the space that is now the gallery and club cool was the Expo Robotics exhibit.

In 1994 when Innoventions replaced Communicore, that space had Walt Disney Imagineering Labs. Then sometime they got ice station cool in that area, and Walt Disney Imagineering Labs closed, and that space wasnt used for much, the last few times in there they were teaching people to use the Segways for one of the Epcot tour.

Blackie Pueblo

WOW!! Thanks for the pics! Its funny, when we had the topic about what EPCOT should do for the anniversary I kept hoping they would do something like this. A museum of sorts of the past. Awesome! Where is this at? The same place as where they hold the artwork festivals?

"EPCOT is like the city of tomorrow ought to be."
---Walter Elias Disney

al5957

Those are some amazing pics. For someone who cant make it down there for events like these Merf, I cant say thank you enough. Keep up the good work. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The first day it was opened, it was staffed. I kept thinking that they should have had that cast member in a horizons costume. That would have been fitting.

imamouse

No one seems to have a definitive answer for this. I've heard 30 days, 60 days, and more often 90 days. Considering there is nothing else going on in this room the rest of the time and they weren't even staffing it after the first day (at least there wasn't anyone around both of the other days I went in it), they could just leave this open for the entire year. I'd probably guess the 90 days, though, as that's the number I've seen and heard most often.

The Epcot gallery will be open through 2008.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I own two of those newspapers! I was so surprised to see them.

I could of swore the dreamfinder blimp was not there on this 1st.

Oh yeah and heres this gem from Horizons...

IMG_0972.jpg
for the record.. i dont recall the blimp either.

funny thing, i seem to remember the turn on the scene above being a lot longer in the actual ride. now, 2 things could contribute to this: 1) i havent ridden it in person since 1998 2) you stick 2 85 foot screens infront of you and viola, you feel like you are in a much bigger place which would make your sense of placement feel like the track felt bigger on the turn.

all in all though, great pic. i love the circus tent. was that for shade, security or secretcy? hmmmm

KeeKee

Thanks for the info. Will have to check out the gallery and have a walk down memory lane, having worked at WDW during the EPCOT opening era. Actually worked in Central Shops during the ramp up to opening and there were lots of interesting things being built there at that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom