Epcot 25 Years Gallery

SewIn2Disney

I knew all of the pavilions in future world had little "icons/logos" but i never realized that all of the countries have little logos too. Look at the plaques on the story boards. Next to the writing is a small symbol. And in the overall picture of the room, on the hanging banners are the logos again. Does anyone know where I can see a chart of all the little logos? they look awesome!

Thank you for the pictures! I could easily see myself spending an entire afternoon in there. Was there any background music playing? How about the video? How long was it? Did anyone happen to tape it? I'd love to see it!
Thanks again!

EdandAmy

All I can say is I miss many of the old Epcot things. :cry:

I remember the real WOW factor of the technolgies and such, which I just dont feel the current EPCOT has.

fireworkz

Thanks for the great pics merf! I'm keeping my fingers crossed they extend the exhibit I'm there in February! :)

Hate to bring up something negative with the exhibit, but it irks me how they didn't include WoL. It looks like the intention was to show only pavilions that were planned in the initial design (seeing they included Horizons, Seas, Norway and Morocco). I feel they should have made an exception for WoL as it is now basically gone forever. Not including it in the exhibits almost feels like it's erased from Epcot history.

Awesome Pics Merf. Can't wait to see it, hope that the Gallery stays open until Christmas when i get there!

And Merf, where do you find the time to take and upload all these pics? I love that you do it, but where do u find the time? LMAO

Kuhio

Beautiful photos.

I saw Marty Sklar wandering around the exhibit by himself in the late afternoon on Monday, during the heavy rain. Sadly, hardly anyone in the room seemed to know who he was. I think most of the diehard Epcot fans had already been through the exhibit earlier in the day.

Also, I went back to Epcot yesterday, and noticed that the exhibit wasn't listed in their daily schedule of events. Maybe it'll be added to the next version of the guidemap, but for now it looks like no one who isn't already aware of its existence will even know it's there unless they happen to stumble upon it while cutting through Innoventions West...

Horizons1

Thanks for the great pics merf! I'm keeping my fingers crossed they extend the exhibit I'm there in February! :)

Hate to bring up something negative with the exhibit, but it irks me how they didn't include WoL. It looks like the intention was to show only pavilions that were planned in the initial design (seeing they included Horizons, Seas, Norway and Morocco). I feel they should have made an exception for WoL as it is now basically gone forever. Not including it in the exhibits almost feels like it's erased from Epcot history.

I always thought that a health/life pavilion was part of the initial plan for EPCOT Center. In "Since The World Began", it states that a health/life pavilion had been on the EPCOT drawing boards since 1975 but plans weren't green-lighted until MetLife came on in 1986. Not to mention the other setback of the redesign of the pavilion's signature attraction.

But I agree, it is a shame WOL was not included in the gallery. It was a part of EPCOT Center and, in a sense, paved the way for today's Epcot.

fireworkz

I always thought that a health/life pavilion was part of the initial plan for EPCOT Center. In "Since The World Began", it states that a health/life pavilion had been on the EPCOT drawing boards since 1975 but plans weren't green-lighted until MetLife came on in 1986. Not to mention the other setback of the redesign of the pavilion's signature attraction.

Didn't realize that! Maybe it's time I go and re-read my books. But not only did WoL pave the way for Epcot today, but the tech behind Cranium Com. (AAs, Effects, and Film 'interacting') lead to Alien Encounter and other similar attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom