Ep-ity-______! (w/photos!)

ToTBellHop

It's official...this is how Epcot will look in early 2008:
6730kme.jpg

Minus the, uh, photoshopped out tiles on the top right haha

CrashNet

merf said:
Aint it cool? Now's probably a good point to mention that "Opportunity City" in Innoventions east is dead as the dodo. Refurb walled-up, but I didn't snag a pic. Other pics in a few as i get them editted and uploaded.

Interesting you mentioned this. Little tidbit of info: Opportunity City's closure represents only half of the space required for a new venue coming. ;)

SDav10495

Minus the, uh, photoshopped out tiles on the top right haha

But I worked so hard on those! :eek: :lol:

I'm so thrilled that it's official. When I was removing the wand last night it pained me that I couldn't be certain if I'd ever again see that sight in person, in all its wandless glory...

Champion

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture of EPCOT!!!
Wasn't there a glass sculpture on the fountain? Something says back in the 80's there was a triangle of glass that sat there, though I could be wrong.
Only joking about the wand blending in for that thing sticks out like a sore thumb! Haha! :p

Yes there was, its since been removed and sold.

GymLeaderPhil

When ever some one mentions the former fountain, I always remember Disneyland's Tomorrowland Terrace and the wonderful job they did restoring the stage. I'm sure that they would have no problem bringing the fountain back to it's former glory (should it receive the axe.)

WhyteAL

Thanks for the update merf! Your updates always make me wanna go back and I just got back.:hammer:

and just for good measure a little ______ with my post "C O T" :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Great update Merf. Was that Japanese building always that white, or have I just never seen it without tarps? :p

I dunno, i think so. I remember seeing the old and new buildings and noticing the roof color being so drasticly different, but i think the main building matches.

disneytopdog

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture of EPCOT!!!
Wasn't there a glass sculpture on the fountain? Something says back in the 80's there was a triangle of glass that sat there, though I could be wrong.
Only joking about the wand blending in for that thing sticks out like a sore thumb! Haha! :p

Yes there was some clear glass/plexi glass pillars that rose from the fountain and changed colors at night. I have a LIFE magazine from sometime in the 80's that featured the opening of Epcot and the marriage of Princess Di to Charles

Beauty_Belle

I know it's been discussed on numerous other websites and even here, do they know what they will do with the Leave a Legacy boulders? I've heard sooo many people inside the park saying they were thinking of moving them to the back of the park or in various other locations.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not my pic, but here`s the original entrance sculpture:

Attachments

• 385707746_775db3da81_o.jpg
    385707746_775db3da81_o.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 83

Beauty_Belle

I'm sitting here at work smiling ear to ear, remembering the times as a kid. Thank you to all who put on the glass sculpture, it made my bad day much brighter....but then again, that's Disney! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom