Ep-ity-______! (w/photos!)

ToTBellHop

excellent pics! You have a good eye. The Japan work has been a long time coming, but the work is top notch--looks gorgeous. Nice to see a fresh World Showcase.

With those clouds over Epcot, I see summer has definitely arrived in Florida!

I was a bit skeptical of the HM wall at first, but the finished product is very nice--even dead roses! Nice! I would expect that quality on the inside come fall.

SDav10495

Wand or no wand, that is a sincerely stunning picture of SSE.

But you've gotta admit, no wand works best...

6730kme.jpg

Thanks for these fantastic shots, merf!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I was just telling a friend today that everything in Epcot is setup based on the notion that SSE is symetrical. The wand forces asymetry and the paths, planters, buildings, and visuals around the park don't mesh.

Main Street USA

That HM refurb wall is awesome. It would've been extremely easy for them to leave the regular colored basic wooden refurb wall up, but instead, they've done an amazing job theming it and even making part of the story.

It's been a while since I've seen an example of the care and thought they USED to put into the parks, but finally, they've done it again. It's small, but VERY important.

haveyoumetmark

Well good the wall is finally done, we are FINALLY getting a bit of themed rehabs like with the shootin arcade and now HM. They do it really well at DL, so I'm happy to see something different than generic construction walls.

I would consider the tarps in Epcot's China a themed rehab too because that's how they really refurb the ancient buildings in China. I thought it was a nice touch.

S5030058_0038.jpg

Sherrybaby

I was just telling a friend today that everything in Epcot is setup based on the notion that SSE is symetrical. The wand forces asymetry and the paths, planters, buildings, and visuals around the park don't mesh.

You want more symmetry? Let's put a wand on the OTHER side! :sohappy:

BTW--thanks for the update.

Sherry

lilredfoxie

Nice new photos, I wish they could get that cool thingie back that used to be in the spaceship earth fountain, that glass thing with the epcot logos on it

subhuman31

So.. more pics..

First a moody sky lingering above SSE.. the winds of change me thinks.. or God's wrath, your choice :)

chinajapan5.jpg

This pic by far is one of the best I've ever seen. I love the colors. You should enter it in one of the photo contests on here. Great job!!!

jeffb

Thanks for the update and great pictures. Now if they could repaint SSE's legs back to all blue to get rid of the brown legacy stripes.

kcnole

Just to help my aging memory that hasn't been to Epcot in about 6 months and has probably blocked those ugly LaL kiosks out of my mind, can someone post a picture of what that area in the first picture looked like with the kiosks there?

And thanks a ton for the editing of the wand out of merfs beautiful picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom