entrance change to the seas w/nemo

celluloid

Same here. Any linky?

Sorry for taking so long been busy with work and family issues.

I can't find an online source. I want to say I got it from a Walt Disney Treasures collection DVD. I could be wrong though as I know I have since seen it in other places...

but the story goes while Walt's early guys were making Disneyland adjustment rounds and just observing things they came across a nasty stomped flowerbed in Fantasyland. Some of the guys immediately jotted notes and as Walt took a knee and looked at the area they told him they would have it fixed as soon as possible with brand new flowers and soil as well as putting a fence up to make sure this would not happen any longer with guests walking on the flowerbed. Walt said "No, look over there" and he pointed towards some now Fantasyland classic attractions. He said if people want to go over there that badly we are not going to prevent them from doing so. He ordered that a nice pathway be put as organically as possible through that flowerbed rather than make a fence around it.

I may of even read it from one of the many writing pieces of Rolly Crump. Sorry I could not be more of help but it is one of my favorites of a way to think outside the box and how Walt felt about his guests. It seemed semi appropriate to mention in here when so many are complaining about a change. And this is coming from someone who does not like Nemo or the attraction very much at all.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Maybe I'm silly, but what is keeping people from still getting up there? More plants?

it's filled in now to make it so there is no place to stand.

The original setup was just too much open space where it screamed 'stand next to me!' and it was too accessible to do so.

I have a better solution Disney could do without worry of civil suit

Disney should put motion based or light beam sensors up there that when someone gets up near the figure... it sprays them with water or water+stink juice in it :)

thelookingglass

I saw the new plants the other day, and as far as I could tell, it was working. There was a large number of people taking pictures in front of it, but nobody was standing on it. At most, people were sitting their kids on the ledge, which doesn't hurt anything. Also I think the display looks a lot nicer with the plants, too.

NewfieFan

I saw the new plants the other day, and as far as I could tell, it was working. There was a large number of people taking pictures in front of it, but nobody was standing on it. At most, people were sitting their kids on the ledge, which doesn't hurt anything. Also I think the display looks a lot nicer with the plants, too.

Could you see all the characters, though? It looked like Tad (one of the fish) was hidden amongst the plants according to the pic posted in this thread... but it might have just been the angle the picture was taken at!?!

dixiegirl

I am surprised that his did not happen sooner. The original shell base looked more authentic but for some reason people thought that this was an open invitation to lift your kids up and let them run around the planter and treat the character statues like a jungle gym.

Even better when the parents encourage it by taking the kids pics while their being monkeys !

wdwjmp239

While I was there in January an entire Brazillian tour group climbed all over the statues. I would have to say at least 20 or so people were on it when a CM told them to get off the statues and onto the ground...

This doesn't surprise me. Those Brazilian Tour Groups are some of the most unruly people at the parks. But, I guess they bring the $$$$ into the parks and it's guaranteed business for Disney. But still....rules are rules....follow them. *sigh*

Demeter Tess

This is a good change! It always bothered me that anyone would climb up onto a display that was clearly meant to be decorative, and it especially irked me to see parents encouraging their kids to do so. If I had done that as a child my mother would have smacked my butt and denied me my traditional Mickey ice cream bar, LOL.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Could you see all the characters, though? It looked like Tad (one of the fish) was hidden amongst the plants according to the pic posted in this thread... but it might have just been the angle the picture was taken at!?!

When I took the pic it wasnt the best angle. I didnt want to wait to get a better shot so I just snapped it between people taking their pictures. I do hope they rework it a bit so they can get all the characters back in and totally visible.

Kirk88

I showed my wife the pic this morning and she loved the new look. We both felt a bit guilty though since our computer background is a pic of our kids standing next to the Nemo characters!:( We honestly didn't let them play around up there though....promise! :animwink:

dixiegirl

I showed my wife the pic this morning and she loved the new look. We both felt a bit guilty though since our computer background is a pic of our kids standing next to the Nemo characters!:( We honestly didn't let them play around up there though....promise! :animwink:

Oh don't feel guilty!! WE took pics of it with our girls as well but like you we did'nt let them use it as a jungle gym!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom