entrance change to the seas w/nemo

NYwdwfan

I'm glad to see this. I'll have to scan it but I have a pic of our boys in front of this spot on our first family trip...not IN it...and it was so much nicer before the sculptures became a jungle gym for the uncontrolled children (and adults) of the world.

Glad to see you could get one - last trip my kids stood patiently IN FRONT OF the scene while we waited for other people's kids to move on so we could take a picture - eventually I just snapped it and was left with a photo of my kids with random children draped over the Nemo characters behind them. :brick:

RICKY MOUSE

The bottom line is no matter where you go be it WDW or any other place with photo a photo opportunity someone is going to be disrespectful to the area and disobey any fences or borders set up. Those are the same people who get upset when they are injured after crossing into a restricted area. Come on people lets all have a little common sense and try to keep these areas in there original beauty for the enjoyment of future guests.

sweetpee_1993

Glad to see you could get one - last trip my kids stood patiently IN FRONT OF the scene while we waited for other people's kids to move on so we could take a picture - eventually I just snapped it and was left with a photo of my kids with random children draped over the Nemo characters behind them. :brick:

Well, that was in 2004 (maybe 2005, I'd have to look again) before the original landscaping had been trampled. My boys would've been 6 & 7 or 7 & 8 years old depending on which year it was. They ran up to the display all excited and sat on the ledge. They didn't think to climb in or on. I don't see how anyone could've thought that was the thing to do. :brick:

Jedi Wizard

Very happy to hear that they have done this. It was pretty obvious before that you were supposed to stand in front or sit on the ledge. However, if this sends that message io folks a bit more then that is great.

bugsbunny

I can remember when it first was put in, it was landscaped and basically a garden with a sign. People took it upon themselves to step up into it and take pictures. It wore down the ground and killed the plants. Why not just climb the wall at the rocks with the seagulls on it and get a picture up there, too? :hammer:

themeparkdude

Very happy to hear that they have done this. It was pretty obvious before that you were supposed to stand in front or sit on the ledge. However, if this sends that message io folks a bit more then that is great.

Agreed, it was never to let guests INTO the planter, but folks kept throwing their kids in it to grab that photo. So Sad people cant be more respectful. Just like how Disney has to spend time and $ to stop people from stealing soda from the resorts when they return each vacation. So sad.

tecowdw

Agreed, it was never to let guests INTO the planter, but folks kept throwing their kids in it to grab that photo. So Sad people cant be more respectful. Just like how Disney has to spend time and $ to stop people from stealing soda from the resorts when they return each vacation. So sad.

Morals in general are going down the tube in society! It's such a "I'm entitled and I don't care about others" world.
:lookaroun

Even at Disney World!
:cry:

thelookingglass

I'm glad they did this. I hated seeing people climb all over the statues, and also how bad it looked when all the shells were cracked and all over the ground in the evening.

puntagordabob

While I was there in January an entire Brazillian tour group climbed all over the statues. I would have to say at least 20 or so people were on it when a CM told them to get off the statues and onto the ground...

No respect....had I been there and witnessed this going on I would have been hard pressed to not say get down lol.... and I know hand signals! :) WDW belongs to all of us who love it...

guess we must've been some of the rare parents that never let our kids up on areas like that!

2e2kyae.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom