entrance change to the seas w/nemo

tizzo

OK we will try this again. :lol: It was late when I posted.

nemo.jpg

At least they didn't have to ruin the look. When I first read your post I was a little surprised, because it already seemed obvious (at least to me) that you weren't supposed to go in there with the characters. I couldn't imagine them making it any more obvious and was wondering how they went about making it more difficult. I think the additional landscaping still looks nice and does indeed seem like it might make the would-be scofflaw think twice, if only because it would be more difficult to frame a decent picture.

Regarding the morality/respect subtopic, I agree generally with what others have said, but add the observation that such an ethic is generally enforced by peer pressure, and therefore when one person is seen doing something that most people would otherwise not do, that barrier is lowered just a little bit, and soon you have an orderly line (if your lucky) of people, most of whom wouldn't dream of littering let alone vandalism in their ordinary life.

On top of which, I've seen considerably worse at WDW. Including a family bathing in the fountain at the back of Cinderella Castle at MK.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
It's surprising that it's taken this long for them to fix. I think it became an operations nightmare to ask people to not climb on it so they just stopped. It just became a "monkey see, monkey do" type of act to take pictures climbing up onto the display and so many people did it over time, it just seemed like the thing to do. Personally I hated to see people climbing all over it, but then again, if they really didn't want people on it, they could have made it different or added this plants or something else to block it long ago.

Or the least they could have done was put a sign up that said please do not climb into garden area, or something like that. That may have kept people at least just on the ledge and not trampling the plants.

juniorthomas

At least they didn't have to ruin the look. When I first read your post I was a little surprised, because it already seemed obvious (at least to me) that you weren't supposed to go in there with the characters. I couldn't imagine them making it any more obvious and was wondering how they went about making it more difficult. I think the additional landscaping still looks nice and does indeed seem like it might make the would-be scofflaw think twice, if only because it would be more difficult to frame a decent picture.

Regarding the morality/respect subtopic, I agree generally with what others have said, but add the observation that such an ethic is generally enforced by peer pressure, and therefore when one person is seen doing something that most people would otherwise not do, that barrier is lowered just a little bit, and soon you have an orderly line (if your lucky) of people, most of whom wouldn't dream of littering let alone vandalism in their ordinary life.

On top of which, I've seen considerably worse at WDW. Including a family bathing in the fountain at the back of Cinderella Castle at MK.

Yeah, but people tend to let loose on holiday. Vacations bring the weird out in people!

But bathing in the fountain? How long could that possibly last before someone stops them? That's just ridiculous.

tizzo

Yeah, but people tend to let loose on holiday. Vacations bring the weird out in people!

But bathing in the fountain? How long could that possibly last before someone stops them? That's just ridiculous.

I didn't stick around to watch, so I'm not sure how long it went on.

Buried20KLeague

Do you really think a few plants are going to stop people from getting up there? They are going to be ripped up and stomped on soon enough.

It looks like there's a couple cactus in there, actually... It might actually do the trick.

Although it's almost funny because it's so OVER planted now that you can't even see some of the characters. :lol:

belle119821

Does anybody else think the bronzed-ness makes the characters look a tad bit...creepy in the pictures? Every time I see Dory's giant smile I jump!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
It looks nice they did a good job (as they always do) making it look like undersea vegatation. Somewhere in between what it is now and what it was would have been better but it looks like they were forced into it...:brick:

It's funny how Americans are about things like personal space, we look at anybody strange that stands unecessarly near us or is a close talker but when it comes to climbing on private property or sculptures...wow...look out.

I saw a kid doing something similar on the T-rex head outside of dinasour (under instruction of his dad to get a photo op)...Climbed right under the railing and placed his head right inside the mouth...I'm awful but I was hoping his little nugget would catch one of those T-rex chompers..;) but that would probably lead to some sort of litigation....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It looks nice they did a good job (as they always do) making it look like undersea vegatation. Somewhere in between what it is now and what it was would have been better but it looks like they were forced into it...:brick:

It's funny how Americans are about things like personal space, we look at anybody strange that stands unecessarly near us or is a close talker but when it comes to climbing on private property or sculptures...wow...look out.

I saw a kid doing something similar on the T-rex head outside of dinasour (under instruction of his dad to get a photo op)...Climbed right under the railing and placed his head right inside the mouth...I'm awful but I was hoping his little nugget would catch one of those T-rex chompers..;) but that would probably lead to some sort of litigation....
You will like this video.:drevil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC0UuYRTZHU

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Master Yoda! LOL...Loooooove it. Now that turned into a wonderful photo op!!
That's the kind of thing that should happen everytime people do ridiculous stuff like this.
Although in this "fifteen minutes of fame" society we live in -- that may not really be deterrent....:lol:

"Bobby see if you can get your head caught in nemo's a$$...."

Next week he's signed to a new MTV reality show...
"Bobby Gets His Head Caught" WDW version

celluloid

They did the right thing here by giving the best of both worlds with it.

Everyone should look up the story of Walt and the Fantasyland garden that constantly got trampled. One of my favorites.

toolsnspools

OK. Did the Google search and got nothing.... :shrug: Now that you have my curiosity up, can you point me at a copy of the story?

sod4

They did the right thing here by giving the best of both worlds with it.

Everyone should look up the story of Walt and the Fantasyland garden that constantly got trampled. One of my favorites.

toolsnspools said:
OK. Did the Google search and got nothing.... Now that you have my curiosity up, can you point me at a copy of the story?

Same here. Any linky?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom