Entitled Manchild/Horrible Father Harasses Cast Member

NelleBelle

I’ll say this, he may not lose his job over this, but it may affect his ability to be hired for one in the future. Hasn’t this dope learned that this stuff follows you FOREVER on social media? Geesh, my kids learn this in school—be careful what you post as it can follow you for a lifetime!! I certainly wouldn’t hire him if I found this as a prospective employer

The Empress Lilly

@Tom Morrow has expressed my sentiment perfectly throughout this thread, but I will still add my thoughts.

I agree entirely that this man should suffer job loss. If this had happened without our knowledge, I would think otherwise. But this man took the time to whip out his phone and film a CM in hopes of intimidation and a possible desire of the CM losing her job via viral tactics. The service industry is filled with this nonsense and, as Tom Morrow has stated, it should stop.

Rewarding abuse isn’t the answer.

And if you’re at Disney World right now, you are entirely in choice in all you do. A pandemic still rages on and you decide to harass a CM, whose community is currently breaking, all for what?

So, yes, cancel this guest and let him suffer the consequences.
Lose his job? So the kid should face financial ruin?

Not every trivial lapse of manners should result in a WWIII confrontation. In fact, I'd sooner say this impulse is the very cause of many of these videos and confrontations. Let calmer heads prevail.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

The funny part to me about that video is the jacka$$ sayin’ he couldn’t find the entrance...it’s a circle, moron, not a freakin’ maze...simply walk around it ‘til you find it...!!!!! :hilarious:
Exactly!

What the dad really means is 'I arrived too late to make a full circle'. The way you are not late because of a red traffic light.

I get the stress, it's one minute before closing, you run to the Carousel straight from exiting Small World, which you also did last minute, the entrance is not where you thought it was because earlier that afternoon you walked from the other direction, you quickly walk ten yards to the left, 'no, not here', grab the kid and run back to the right, get frustrated as you have to walk almost all the way around after all, that surprisingly large carousel, and then find the line closed.

But just because in a perfect scenario you would've reached the entrance just in time does not mean that the cause is 'we couldn't find the entrance'.

JIMINYCR

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever lost my patience with a CM. I did not realize this was as common as you all make it sound.
It has gotten progressively worse over the past several years. You can read CM reports of unruly, bullying, abusive guest interaction being one of their top issues of being on the job. The entitled guest thinks they can bully the young CM to ignore the rules or make an exception just for them. Unfortunately many CM's say their managers do not back them up in many instances, so many are afraid to hold their ground fearing repercussion.

mergatroid

I’ll say this, he may not lose his job over this, but it may affect his ability to be hired for one in the future. Hasn’t this dope learned that this stuff follows you FOREVER on social media? Geesh, my kids learn this in school—be careful what you post as it can follow you for a lifetime!! I certainly wouldn’t hire him if I found this as a prospective employer

The issue I would have with the desire for him to lose his job are as follows.

Where do we draw the line with how easy we make it for employers to fire people? Losing your job for most parts should be down to how what you did wrong affects your job. I work for the Government (at a very low level) however my contract of employment means that if I decided to streak at a televised game or make a drunken political rank that somebody recorded, I could be sacked for bringing my department into disrepute.

Whilst the guy's undoubtedly a jerk, would we expect him to lose his job if he behaved like this elsewhere? If somebody drove badly and you ended up having a verbal altercation with them and somebody recorded it, would you think it fair to lose your job you'd held for 20 years over it because people who don't know you judged you on 30 seconds of your life?

I realise he recorded it himself and probably did so in the hope it would make the CM look bad, there's no denying that. Whilst he started it and is in the wrong for doing that, the CM's were in a position to not allow him to make them look bad. That's far easier to say than do I know, we're all human and when being treated badly it's instinctive to get angry ourselves. However hard though, if you stick to the "I'm sorry Sir" script and smile, you don't allow him to make you look bad. Again far easier to say than do and I'm certainly not trying to turn what was an unfair and difficult situations onto the CM's.

And if the guy loses his job over something like this, what's the actual big picture? On the one hand you could say it might make people think before they act. However this has been the case for years and yet there's still loads of jerky people out there, so maybe that possible outcome doesn't work? What would happen if he lost his job for behaving badly is that he'd probably claim unemployment benefit from the Government which means hard working tax payers are paying for him to eat and live. Also his family who may not be jerks like him would probably suffer due to the loss of his income. They could lose their home, medical benefits all because he filmed somebody saying he couldn't ride an attraction and spoke down to them.

Personally I don't know the guy, but the little I've seen of him makes me not like him. I'll lose no sleep over whatever transpires over this video that affects him. I genuinely understand the anger people have towards him and I'm not being critical towards that anger. However if people start losing their jobs over unrelated incidents from their personal time it seems to perhaps open the door for employers to use that as a way of firing people for the wrong reasons?

TrainsOfDisney

Unfortunately many CM's say their managers do not back them up in many instances, so many are afraid to hold their ground fearing repercussion.
That’s customer service 101. If a customer complained about me, it was reported to my supervisor and added to my file.

That’s nothing new, and nothing unique to Disney.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
That’s customer service 101. If a customer complained about me, it was reported to my supervisor and added to my file.

That’s nothing new, and nothing unique to Disney.

The way the theme parks handle it is, they first determine if it was a legitimate complaint where the employee was in the wrong before adding it to their file or reprimanding them. Otherwise, every attractions CM would have dozens of "they wouldn't let my son ride because he was half an inch too short" complaints on their file.

TrainsOfDisney

The way the theme parks handle it is, they first determine if it was a legitimate complaint where the employee was in the wrong before adding it to their file or reprimanding them. Otherwise, every attractions CM would have dozens of "they wouldn't let my son ride because he was half an inch too short" complaints on their file.
You know how all theme parks handle it? Impressive.

Well all the jobs I have worked (tourist railroad, historic hotel ) didn’t work that way.

I’ve worked at theme parks (all the majors) but not in guest facing roles and for 3rd party so I can’t comment from personal experience there.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
You know how all theme parks handle it? Impressive.

Well all the jobs I have worked (tourist railroad, historic hotel ) didn’t work that way.

I’ve worked at theme parks (all the majors) but not in guest facing roles and for 3rd party so I can’t comment from personal experience there.

That is essentially how they all handle it in Orlando and all accounts I've heard of from other parks, yes. No one deserves to have their record filled up with frivolous complaints, which happen more in theme park jobs such as attractions operations because much of their jobs involve telling people "no."

TrainsOfDisney

That is essentially how they all handle it in Orlando and all accounts I've heard of from other parks, yes. No one deserves to have their record filled up with frivolous complaints, which happen more in theme park jobs such as attractions operations because much of their jobs involve telling people "no."
They should consider themselves lucky. I would have multiple co-workers vouch for me and still have it added to my file.

Once for telling kids that they couldn’t play on an active mainline railroad. Lol.

Goofyernmost

The issue I would have with the desire for him to lose his job are as follows.

Where do we draw the line with how easy we make it for employers to fire people? Losing your job for most parts should be down to how what you did wrong affects your job. I work for the Government (at a very low level) however my contract of employment means that if I decided to streak at a televised game or make a drunken political rank that somebody recorded, I could be sacked for bringing my department into disrepute.

Whilst the guy's undoubtedly a jerk, would we expect him to lose his job if he behaved like this elsewhere? If somebody drove badly and you ended up having a verbal altercation with them and somebody recorded it, would you think it fair to lose your job you'd held for 20 years over it because people who don't know you judged you on 30 seconds of your life?

I realise he recorded it himself and probably did so in the hope it would make the CM look bad, there's no denying that. Whilst he started it and is in the wrong for doing that, the CM's were in a position to not allow him to make them look bad. That's far easier to say than do I know, we're all human and when being treated badly it's instinctive to get angry ourselves. However hard though, if you stick to the "I'm sorry Sir" script and smile, you don't allow him to make you look bad. Again far easier to say than do and I'm certainly not trying to turn what was an unfair and difficult situations onto the CM's.

And if the guy loses his job over something like this, what's the actual big picture? On the one hand you could say it might make people think before they act. However this has been the case for years and yet there's still loads of jerky people out there, so maybe that possible outcome doesn't work? What would happen if he lost his job for behaving badly is that he'd probably claim unemployment benefit from the Government which means hard working tax payers are paying for him to eat and live. Also his family who may not be jerks like him would probably suffer due to the loss of his income. They could lose their home, medical benefits all because he filmed somebody saying he couldn't ride an attraction and spoke down to them.

Personally I don't know the guy, but the little I've seen of him makes me not like him. I'll lose no sleep over whatever transpires over this video that affects him. I genuinely understand the anger people have towards him and I'm not being critical towards that anger. However if people start losing their jobs over unrelated incidents from their personal time it seems to perhaps open the door for employers to use that as a way of firing people for the wrong reasons?
So true, that is a large part of what I think is wrong with society today. Not only are we easily lead but we attach some type of bravery or superior intellect into showing how tough and obnoxious one can be. Would it be disappointing, sure! Would I ask if they will let me in, you bet I would, but if I was told that we are instructed to close off the line at that time and that the level of the person I am asking does not have the authority to make that decision and override their instructions then I would say, sorry turn and walk away. The world doesn't revolve around me and why I would expect that it should is a mystery.

TrainsOfDisney

It amazes me that a Disney employee (according to the Facebook page) would do this to a fellow CM.
Oh wait.... that changes everything!!!!

I’ll give a guy who may have just paid $100 for a day and ran for one last ride a little bit of room to lose his cool.

If he was an AP or worse a CM.. no way.

LastoneOn

He started filming with his phone with the intention of her losing her job. He also was literally barking orders and threats at her in the process. Non-garbage people don't do that over a bottom level employee just doing what they're asked to do.

I get it, maybe it's not on the same level as people being recorded going on racist rants losing their jobs (another phenomenon thanks to Reddit), but the more people face consequences for being garbage, the more they will think twice before pulling things like this.
Lets talk about riots and garbage people. Maybe in another forum.

Trying to get someone fired for being a private individual, on their own time, is my friend, evil.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom