End of September questions & DD first trip

Cynderella

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on in months due to having my first child in September and then losing her father 1 week after in a motorcycle accident. :cry: We are planning a short trip in September to remember her father. She will only be 1 but I have been there 35+ times so I'm not worried about seeing everything. We are thinking the last week in September. Are the temps still really hot? How are the crowd levels? The last time I was there in Sept was on our honeymoon in 07. Also does anyone have any tips for going with a 1 year old? Thanks everyone!

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I don't have much info for you, but just wanted to chime in. I am so sorry for your loss, I couldn't imagine having to go through that. I also just had a child in September, my son, and we are taking him to WDW sept 28th-oct 10th (along with his 6 yr old sister) and I am hoping for some hot weather, but not some HOT weather if you know what I mean! Touring plans has the last week of september at 1's and 2's out of 10 on their crowd calendar, if that is any indication it should be super low crowds, which means plenty of room to move around and take in the sights with your one year old!

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on in months due to having my first child in September and then losing her father 1 week after in a motorcycle accident. :cry: We are planning a short trip in September to remember her father. She will only be 1 but I have been there 35+ times so I'm not worried about seeing everything. We are thinking the last week in September. Are the temps still really hot? How are the crowd levels? The last time I was there in Sept was on our honeymoon in 07. Also does anyone have any tips for going with a 1 year old? Thanks everyone!

I am so sorry for your loss Rachel. I remember we talked here on the boards back in 07 because we had gotten married the same weekend. My heart goes out to you and your baby girl. I hope that time and memories will help heal your heart <3

It will still be hot most likely. Usually when I go it is between 85 - 90 on average, sometimes a bit higher. Crowd levels are usually relatively low. Don't rush, take your time and enjoy the magic and make some memories :)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I am so sorry for your loss. :(
September is a great time to visit.
Crowds are usually low, but it can still be hot.
Going w/ a 1 year old...make sure you pace yourself.
Make sure to go back to your resort for a nap or a swim in the middle of the day.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Mukta

I am so sorry for your loss. That is such a horrible tragedy.

The crowds in September are low. The only rides that will ahve lines are the ones you can't take a 1 year old on anyway.

The temps will still be hot. Very hot.

Work around your daughter's schedule. Take breaks and let her nap when she needs to. I hope this trip will build beautiful memories for the two of you.

Upvote 0

lbrad

I am so sorry for your loss.
I too am going end of Sept.
My brother in law lives in Orlando and said it can get up to the 90's BUT it is usually mid to high 80's.
Try to take breaks/rest in the heat of the day.
Crowds shouldn't be too heavy.
I pray you & your precious daughter have a magical trip.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Very sorry for your loss but I hope you and your little one can start a new tradition together in memory of her daddy and your husbad! Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for your loss and I do hope you have a very magical vacation...

In answer to your questions, yes it is still pretty hot towards the end of Sept, but it is more tolerable then the summer months. Crowds are low too. We have been there is the end of Sept and really enjoyed it!

I sure hope this helps some. :wave:

Upvote 0

Cynderella

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,
Thank you so much for all of your responses. I figured it would still be hot then but I was hoping it might be a smidge cooler haha. We usually go the week after thanksgiving but I am so very sick of seeing Christmas decorations so I really wanted to go when all of the fall ones are up!

Upvote 0

mets7

I am sorry to hear about your loss......I hope it will be good temps and low crowds, I will be there sept 21-26. My wife can't handle the heat too well and my 76 year old mother is coming with us to experience it with her grandchildren.

Upvote 0

Mr.Skunkape

Having been in the parks with a 1 yr old before I found the baby care stations in the parks to be very nice. If the little one gets hot,tired or you just want to go somplace cool and quite for feeding time and do not want to leave the park the are great resource to use.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom