News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Ice Gator

Even that is debatable. Is Restaurantasaurus the pinnacle of Disney theming? I'll miss the boneyard but lets be honest, as long as Tropical Americas has a good budget, which it's looking like it will, it will be a massive upgrade. It's fine if you like it but I've never been a fan.
It’s kind of just a Dino themed Texas Roadhouse if you ask me. I preferred it when it sold McDonald’s fries.

I’m much more interested in the Mexican/Latin American food venues that will come along with Tropical Americas.

999th Happy Haunt

Even that is debatable. Is Restaurantasaurus the pinnacle of Disney theming? I'll miss the boneyard but lets be honest, as long as Tropical Americas has a good budget, which it's looking like it will, it will be a massive upgrade. It's fine if you like it but I've never been a fan.
Unironically I think it is better and more believably themed than anything in Galaxy’s Edge

eddie104

Do you think they are going to tear it down or just retheme it?
Unironically I think it is better and more believably themed than anything in Galaxy’s Edge
I never understood people’s hate for the theming of GE.

Ice Gator

I thought Encanto was going to be trackless Ala Mystic Manor. If they are going with an omnimover setup, perhaps this is due to Disney wanting to take a break from trackless tech for a bit in part due to downtime issues from Rise and MMRR?
I'm okay with them going back to basics with an omni as long as the ride is themed well. There should be a lot of kinetic motion and stuff to look at with the house being alive, not unlike Mystic Manor. I think trackless rides are cool but they've done a lot of them recently with Ratatouille, MMRR, and Rise.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I'm okay with them going back to basics with an omni as long as the ride is themed well. There should be a lot of kinetic motion and stuff to look at with the house being alive, not unlike Mystic Manor. I think trackless rides are cool but they've done a lot of them recently with Ratatouille, MMRR, and Rise.
DCA could use a trackless ride though. As for DHS's rumored new land, an option for the E ticket could be to use the TDS pan system that will also underpin the Avengers E ticket if they feel that park has too many trackless rides

C33Mom

DCA could use a trackless ride though. As for DHS's rumored new land, an option for the E ticket could be to use the TDS pan system that will also underpin the Avengers E ticket if they feel that park has too many trackless rides
I was thinking the new Pan system might be what comes to Adventureland for Moana? (Not an insider, just a guess!)

When you say Avengers E ticket do you mean for DCA or DHS (hopefully those are the only two possibilities we’re talking about).

As long as I’m posting this frolic and detour from the main topic, I don’t get the hate for drab beige in Galaxy’s Edge (of all places) many of the key locations in the SW universe are on barren rocky/sandy outposts. Sure Naboo is more beautiful and Endor has more shade, but dry barren rock is quintessential Star Wars land.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I was thinking the new Pan system might be what comes to Adventureland for Moana? (Not an insider, just a guess!)

When you say Avengers E ticket do you mean for DCA or DHS (hopefully those are the only two possibilities we’re talking about).

As long as I’m posting this frolic and detour from the main topic, I don’t get the hate for drab beige in Galaxy’s Edge (of all places) many of the key locations in the SW universe are on barren rocky/sandy outposts. Sure Naboo is more beautiful and Endor has more shade, but dry barren rock is quintessential Star Wars land.
I though past rumors for Moana had it using the Shanghai Pirates ride system. The Avengers E ticket for DCA is being underpinned by the Pan ride system. For DHS I was thinking maybe they could get the TDS Pan/Avengers E ticket ride system albeit with a different IP attached to it.

C33Mom

I though past rumors for Moana had it using the Shanghai Pirates ride system. The Avengers E ticket for DCA is being underpinned by the Pan ride system. For DHS I was thinking maybe they could get the TDS Pan/Avengers E ticket ride system albeit with a different IP attached to it.
I’m not going to complain about any E-ticket ride Moana (or Avengers) ride…but I’m surprised that the Shanghai POTC system is the leading contender. I haven’t been on it in a few years now but as I recall the environment feels dark and confined (admittedly it’s darker in theme and a lot of the ride is set under water)— maybe it works if you change the subject on the screens, or maybe we’re getting a whole ride set in Tamatoa’s shiny disco layer, which would be incredible.

LSLS

Even if it's an upgrade, a net loss of rides is not the best outcome. I'd be fine losing the area if we got more (not necessarily in this area, but just in general for the park on top of losing this). But we now are looking at a coaster, spinner, play area, kind of a secondary play area (yes I know it's not liked), and whatever we classify Dino as for 2 new rides and maybe a carrousel. An animal walkthrough would help me feel better about it, but I'm still just not over the moon for a place that needs more, not just better. Maybe Lion King comes and that helps some, but still, these parks need more to do. And I'm going to remain very pessimistic on how well things are going to be done (especially Encanto which doesn't feel like it's going to fit).

Ichabod Crane

I'm still hearing that Encanto will float, FWIW. Earlier indications were omni, but this has been consistent for a while now.

Never heard of serious work on trackless for it.
Funny enough I’ve heard essentially the opposite in my circles haha. From my end indications were initially a boat but lately momentum has been with omni.

Gotta love how chaotic and inconsistent this batch of rumors has been.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Perhaps, if they are also moving forward with Lion King, they thought two family-friendly water rides at once was too much?
Yeah that was pretty much how it was described to me. Moana and LK are both boats so changing Encanto to an omni allows it to still be a people eater while also giving a little more diversity amongst the new attractions.

Last edited:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
This is exactly why I think it should be a walkthrough! In my opinion, walkthroughs are underutilized in the parks (glad to see Moana in Epcot!), and I like the ideas of walkthroughs being an Animal Kingdom thing. I think the casual nature of a go-at-your-own-pace attraction really fits the vibe of the park.

Also, I agree it would be neat to explore the house on our own a bit!
Animal Kingdom just needs rides. I agree in general, but that’s not what Animal Kingdom has needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom