News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Bold of you to assume that there will be animatronics.

I mean, I'm sure there'll be at least one Indiana Jones A100 animatronic that does nothing but stand there and flail his arms, but aside from that? Who knows?
There will be other figures but I can’t speak to the quality of them. Most of the figures in DL’s ride aren’t particularly impressive.

I do wonder if there will be reanimated skeletons/zombies. There probably should be (in an ancient temple) but that doesn’t really make sense in DAK…

WaltsTreasureChest

Bold of you to assume that there will be animatronics.

I mean, I'm sure there'll be at least one Indiana Jones A100 animatronic that does nothing but stand there and flail his arms, but aside from that? Who knows?
Well currently there are four Indiana Jones animatronics in the Disneyland ride. If the new attraction is anything like that we can expect around the same number, but with improved designs and movements that surpass the animatronics from the '90s

I’m actually excited to get an animatronic that looks like ford this time
IMG_1743.jpeg

UNCgolf

I know many who would call it iconic, and it was!

But I also know many who would say the love it has received in the last couple of years is not completely deserved, myself included. It was fine, it was fun, but never even close to a crown jewel of Disney in my eyes. A nice log flume with cute critters, unintelligible story, annoying music, and a great finale. Great to do once a trip, and that would be enough.

A solid ride but not one that came anywhere close to being on the same level as stuff like Pirates or Mansion.

Tiana’s I think is a suitable replacement. Not better necessarily, definitely not worse, more just a lateral movement.

I'm not sure the metrics would back that up -- I think it was generally reviewed as one of the best attractions at WDW.

I get the impression that Tiana is not going to match those GSATs, but maybe it will!

Mr. Sullivan

I'm not sure the metrics would back that up -- I think it was generally reviewed as one of the best attractions at WDW.

I get the impression that Tiana is not going to match those GSATs, but maybe it will!
Yes it was popular indeed, I am speaking just from my personal perspective of how me, my family, and Disney friends felt about it. We love water rides/flume rides but we never even felt it was the best water ride in Orlando, let alone a jewel in Disney’s crown. A solid B-tier attraction.

But yes indeed it was popular and liked by all. But what I do genuinely think some Disney diehards are missing (or just would rather not admit) are that the reasons most enjoyed Splash and the reasons Disney diehards enjoyed splash are different. And that’s why I do not foresee TBA performing poorly on guest surveys or being a ghost town when standby arrives like many would like to see happen.

Regardless, in regards to Indy, I struggle to see a reality where it performs worse than DINOSAUR with guests. DINO just doesn’t have that following. I really do not at all think we’re gonna see anything like the TBA discourse among fans or anyone else unless certain people try and force it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom