News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

UNCgolf

I thought it was a “possibility” between pandora, pridelands, and galaxy’s edge last I heard. Did something change?

EDIT: Maybe the elephant graveyard shows up at a potential villains land?

Last I saw posted on here was that Pandora and Galaxy's Edge weren't happening but Lion King might be.

Who knows, though?

RSoxNo1

Shame it never happened in Epcot...But, there were plans in the early 80s..
images
Similarly, there were plans for a Movie Pavilion that became MGM and a Rainforest roller coaster as part of Project Gemini. EPCOT could have evolved very differently and that evolution could have come much earlier than any of us expected.

RSoxNo1

This why we Learn from our mistakes..Some things just don't work as attractions.
Adventurers-Meet-UP!-A-Great-Bird-Adventure_Full_32599.jpg
Up could absolutely work as an attraction in the Animal Kingdom, in fact I'd rather see something related to UP replacing Tough to be a Bug instead of Zootopia. That being said, the bird show with pre-recorded audio mixed with the old bird show, mixed with a subtle Rivers of light dynamic was a hot mess. Flights of Wonder w/Guano Joe was the best version of the show, but what's there now is decent.

TheMaxRebo

This why we Learn from our mistakes..Some things just don't work as attractions.

Adding Up characters to an existing bird show is very different than designing a ride for it from the ground up

Plus sometimes things don't work the first time and are better the 2nd.

Or should we not want a Lion King Dark Ride/attraction since Lion King was already in the never busy Circle of Life movie at the Land pavilion?

ToTBellHop

Adding Up characters to an existing bird show is very different than designing a ride for it from the ground up

Or should we not want a Lion King Dark Ride/attraction since Lion King was already in the never busy Circle of Life movie at the Land pavilion?
That movie left many moons ago.

Cmdr_Crimson

And a puppet/stage show where Philharmonic is now...
bc5419a9-b80a-4fb7-8fad-ca58824706e2-jpeg.338200

yensidtlaw1969

Just because they built the wrong sort of attration for a property doesn't mean a great attraction could never be built for that property.

Frozen has all the potential in the world for a fantastic ride. That doesn't change just because Frozen Ever After fails to take full advantage of it.

UNCgolf

After BatB I'm less optimistic they'll hit a home run.

That's a ride that's less than the sum of its parts and suffers from poor staging and pacing...and mostly wastes its ride system.

It seems roughly on par with other Disney trackless rides to me, with maybe one or two exceptions.

Poseidon Quest

After BatB I'm less optimistic they'll hit a home run.

That's a ride that's less than the sum of its parts and suffers from poor staging and pacing...and mostly wastes its ride system.

It's a weirdly polarizing attraction. I feel the opposite, where I think that almost all other trackless Disney rides waste an enormous amount of space. BatB maximizes its footprint by allowing each scene to evolve around the vehicles as they dance to the music. I thought it was much more clever than Rise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom