News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Bocabear

I do wish they had a bigger part of the ride, atleast in the queue. But I think the mixture of the space battles & the music* make it feel enough like Guardians. I love the part after the pre-show where the Guardians theme is playing, it makes me feel like a superhero.

*I also like how the music isn't just a "greatest hits" from the movies. September is the perfect song for the ride.
Blondie's "One Way Or Another" was I think the very best song for the ride.....I liked September, but One Way Or Another was perfect.....

SpectreJordan

Blondie's "One Way Or Another" was I think the very best song for the ride.....I liked September, but One Way Or Another was perfect.....
That's a great one too. But man, that launch with the trumpets in September blasting is so good.

Regarding Indy, is there any reason IJA hasn't been brought to Disney sooner? With how popular it is in DL, you think they would've copied it over here. Especially around 2008 when Crystal Skull came out & Iger was already CEO. Seems like that would've been an easy win for them park wise back then.

Bocabear

That's a great one too. But man, that launch with the trumpets in September blasting is so good.

Regarding Indy, is there any reason IJA hasn't been brought to Disney sooner? With how popular it is in DL, you think they would've copied it over here. Especially around 2008 when Crystal Skull came out & Iger was already CEO. Seems like that would've been an easy win for them park wise back then.
Seems like everyone says they could not bring it sooner because Dinosaur used the same ride system and track layout... which seems like a lame excuse...They could have had an Indiana Jones ride and land in DHS a decade or so ago...no one would care that it is the same ride system....

ToTBellHop

It wasn’t time for Dino to leave and Everest was still new. They could have theoretically opened it at DHS but they had just opened the (at the time) wildly popular Midway Mania.

Now Dino is on its way out and DAK is next for an update. Need and opportunity have met. So the stars have aligned, basically.

doctornick

Seems like everyone says they could not bring it sooner because Dinosaur used the same ride system and track layout... which seems like a lame excuse...They could have had an Indiana Jones ride and land in DHS a decade or so ago...no one would care that it is the same ride system....
Or have put it in MK at the same spot it’s located in DL.

RSoxNo1

Don't get me wrong! I hate IP in Epcot and I don't think either one fits there. I just thought having a "computer technology pavilion" is more plausible than "Wonders of Xandar." A bit more in line with the original Epcot philosophy.
The leaps required to thematically put TRON in EPCOT are no less fantastical than the leaps required to put Guardians in EPCOT. I'm with you in the sense that putting you inside a computer is akin to say, Body Wars, but that narrative thread is at best inferred with the current iteration of TRON. With Guardians there is a space component to it. It's fantasy based, but the other space ride that's grounded in a bit more reality is lousy.

Edit: Back on topic, why aren't we talking about the multiple reports that we should be expecting some movement on this soon?

Cmdr_Crimson

The leaps required to thematically put TRON in EPCOT are no less fantastical than the leaps required to put Guardians in EPCOT. I'm with you in the sense that putting you inside a computer is akin to say, Body Wars, but that narrative thread is at best inferred with the current iteration of TRON. With Guardians there is a space component to it. It's fantasy based, but the other space ride that's grounded in a bit more reality is lousy.

Edit: Back on topic, why aren't we talking about the multiple reports that we should be expecting some movement on this soon?
Shame it never happened in Epcot...But, there were plans in the early 80s..
images

osian

Or have put it in MK at the same spot it’s located in DL.

Indeed, and that's the issue with squeezing pre-built IP in, you could make an argument that it fits everywhere.

MK because it's Adventureland.
DHS because it's a movie franchise and there's already an IJ area.
AK because of the Americas and, well, animals.
Even Epcot because it's about world discovery. Or celebration. Or nature. Any really.

It's like horoscopes, which are general enough that they could apply to anything and anyone.

Justifyng attractions based on pre-built movie franchises by saying "it fits because..." is a fallacy. No it doesn't fit, it never does. Unless it was customised and built for exactly that space in that specific park.

I'm still trying to work out what the difference is between all the Universal parks. It's coming to that with the Disney parks now.

SpectreJordan

Yeah, that's definitely a lame (but believable from them) excuse given how we have the invasion of trackless dark rides currently going on lmao
Indeed, and that's the issue with squeezing pre-built IP in, you could make an argument that it fits everywhere.

MK because it's Adventureland.
DHS because it's a movie franchise and there's already an IJ area.
AK because of the Americas and, well, animals.
Even Epcot because it's about world discovery. Or celebration. Or nature. Any really.

It's like horoscopes, which are general enough that they could apply to anything and anyone.

Justifyng attractions based on pre-built movie franchises by saying "it fits because..." is a fallacy. No it doesn't fit, it never does. Unless it was customised and built for exactly that space in that specific park.

I'm still trying to work out what the difference is between all the Universal parks. It's coming to that with the Disney parks now.
I really think it belonged in DHS & I still think it does. But if they can find a way to make it work in DAK, I'll take it.

Bocabear

It wasn’t time for Dino to leave and Everest was still new. They could have theoretically opened it at DHS but they had just opened the (at the time) wildly popular Midway Mania.

Now Dino is on its way out and DAK is next for an update. Need and opportunity have met. So the stars have aligned, basically.
That went so well in EPCOT...perhaps they will add more gardens and seating areas with a meet and greet and say all the good ideas are cancelled...then wall off half of the park for 5 years....

SpectreJordan

Tbf, atleast EPCOT received an additional ride during all of that. Judging my current "plans", DAK isn't getting anything additional; I'm saying the removal of Primeval Whirl was in preparation for this retheme.

ToTBellHop

Tbf, atleast EPCOT received an additional ride during all of that. Judging my current "plans", DAK isn't getting anything additional; I'm saying the removal of Primeval Whirl was in preparation for this retheme.
The Dino-Rama project is needed and will actually better-utilize capacity.

Like others, I’d rather see Dino stay and get a new E-ticket elsewhere, though.

SpectreJordan

The Dino-Rama project is needed and will actually better-utilize capacity.

Like others, I’d rather see Dino stay and get a new E-ticket elsewhere, though.
I definitely agree that it's an improvement over the dumb parking lot. But unfortunately, we're still not really gaining much in terms of capacity. Hopefully they can find a way to add more to DAK soon, even if it's not a part of South America.
Is Coco really going to AK now? That feels like an especially strange choice, even by Disney's current standards.
I really hope this rumor is wrong, I don't see any way you could stretch Coco to fit DAK like you could with Encanto or Indy. I really liked the idea of Coco behind Big Thunder; Coco would also work really well as an expansion to the Mexico Pavillion between what's already there & Norway.

britain

There’s a dog. Good enough. Any film with even one animal depicted is a perfect fit at DAK.
1702772023820.jpeg

Everyone repeat after me: Alebrijes!

1702772131546.jpeg

If it wasn’t for the Day of the Dead plot, a Coco spirit animal attraction at Animal Kingdom would be obvious. Dare I say, it’s a better fit than Encanto.

What’s your spirit animal? Ride it on the carousel then buy one in the gift shop!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom