News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

SamusAranX

View attachment 759139

Everyone repeat after me: Alebrijes!

View attachment 759141

If it wasn’t for the Day of the Dead plot, a Coco spirit animal attraction at Animal Kingdom would be obvious. Dare I say, it’s a better fit than Encanto.

What’s your spirit animal? Ride it on the carousel then buy one in the gift shop!
Actually, that would be a home run for the OG park vision; they wanted fantastical creatures represented as well and Avatar does it, but more wouldn’t hurt.

James Alucobond

It is indeed a strange choice, but hey, so is Encanto.

I'd be shocked if this new South America land had anything to do with animals at all.
Encanto actually takes place in South America while Coco does not, which automatically makes it a better fit. The Coco rumor to me is weird and doesn't seem to be based on anything substantial, but what do I know?

yensidtlaw1969

View attachment 759139

View attachment 759141

If it wasn’t for the Day of the Dead plot, a Coco spirit animal attraction at Animal Kingdom would be obvious. Dare I say, it’s a better fit than Encanto.

What’s your spirit animal? Ride it on the carousel then buy one in the gift shop!

While I think that on the whole the Dinoland/Beyond Big Thunder pitches are messy and weird, and don't necessarily feel that Coco would be totally approriate to go in either Dinoland or behind Big Thunder . . . I also think it would be a shame to lose a bigger Coco attraction like was being bandied about for MK in favor of a mere Coco Carousel at Animal Kingdom.

doctornick

Encanto actually takes place in South America while Coco does not, which automatically makes it a better fit. The Coco rumor to me is weird and doesn't seem to be based on anything substantial, but what do I know?

Not that I like it, but they actually referred to the land as "Tropical Americas". I think it is better as South America but not sure it will be

James Alucobond

It’s based upon Coco’s architecture showing up in the concept art.
It only slightly resembles it. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not at all clearly Santa Cecilia in the way that the art for Beyond Thunder Mountain very clearly showed the Panteón. The campana could be from any town, and there's maybe a bit of papel picado. That's it, unless I'm missing something more obvious.

Haymarket2008

I think if Indy comes to DAK, the dinosaur element of the park stays. I'm not saying Indy will time travel to prehistory, I think they will go the "dino archaeology" angle. Maybe. Probably not. But a man can dream.

doctornick

I think if Indy comes to DAK, the dinosaur element of the park stays. I'm not saying Indy will time travel to prehistory, I think they will go the "dino archaeology" angle. Maybe. Probably not. But a man can dream.
I mean, they could do something like there is a dinosaur dig and it uncovered something man-made/fantastical that requires Indy to be involved.

flyerjab

View attachment 759139

View attachment 759141

I hadn’t thought about this but dang, that is actually a really great concept. A day of the dead spirit animal spinner ride.

Also, it makes sense that they are calling it the tropical Americas. That covers Coco, Encanto and whatever they might be doing with Indy.

Somehow, Indiana Jones still feels like the most strange proposal of all.

Barring obscure books and such, Indy movies consistently portray animals as obstacles. Indy's most famous quote is about hating a type of animal. I have seen a few people toss around the idea of an Indy-themed snake exhibit, but wouldn't it be a bit contradictory? Indiana Jones movies, for all of their cinematic accomplishments, aren't exactly known for engendering positive feelings/respect toward snakes.

They could try a "Indy tries to conquer his fear of snakes" angle, but I really don't know how that could be done within Indy's adventure serial world.

To be honest, I feel like a land inspired by dazzling animal art could be a great addition to Animal Kingdom's exploration of the relationship between people and animals. I have zero confidence that Disney would pursue this angle, though.

arich35

I’ve said this many times but I’ll say it again. It absolutely boggles my mind Lion King has no proper attraction at ANY Disney park. Especially the park that has lion king in its DNA.
Agreed. Also I was just searching for Lion King toys online and there is barely anything

UNCgolf

I’ve said this many times but I’ll say it again. It absolutely boggles my mind Lion King has no proper attraction at ANY Disney park. Especially the park that has lion king in its DNA.

They're supposedly building one in Paris -- if that actually happens, I imagine it'll eventually end up at DAK too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom