News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

doctornick

View attachment 765931
I've extended it to include the extra parking lots, while keeping whatever backstage area is across Theatre of the Stars Dr. on the left side. That gets us a bit more substantial space, but still smaller than Toy Story Land in total footprint.

If we get rid of the entire backstage area over, almost all the way to World Dr, you've got a plot of land even bigger than TSL and SWGE. But this one is very unlikely, so I'd say we could get something in between TSL and SWGE in size, if it's a whole new land.
View attachment 765936

Personally, I'd keep Walt Disney Presents and the Mermaid show (they are re-opening!) to go along with the Disney Junior show and have some some sort of land there. And start demolition at the point of the old Animation building (Launch Bay) and go back for whatever new land could be built.

Last edited:

Bocabear

I would scrap the entire Animation building, Mermaid theater and Disney Junior in favor of a complete, fully fleshed out toontown...where all the Disney Animation characters live... If you have been to Toontown at Disneyland you understand how much fun this could be....and with more space they could do even more with it...Beyond that it makes sense that DHS have an area celebrating the characters that created Disney Studios...

Dranth

Interesting.

All the parks need help but if they are going to artificially restrict updates to only a couple of parks at a time, it makes a sort of sense to do MK and HS first as they need the most help to handle the crowds that are already showing up.

I personally feel that HS has become the least enjoyable park at this point. It was my favorite back in the MGM days even though it was mostly shows but recently, it is just a teeming cluster of humanity and endless long wait. On our last 10-day trip, we spent ½ day at HS and were done. It just isn’t a very pleasant park to be in and I wonder if they are seeing more and more of that.

SplashJacket

Interesting.

All the parks need help but if they are going to artificially restrict updates to only a couple of parks at a time, it makes a sort of sense to do MK and HS first as they need the most help to handle the crowds that are already showing up.

I personally feel that HS has become the least enjoyable park at this point. It was my favorite back in the MGM days even though it was mostly shows but recently, it is just a teeming cluster of humanity and endless long wait. On our last 10-day trip, we spent ½ day at HS and were done. It just isn’t a very pleasant park to be in and I wonder if they are seeing more and more of that.
I agree. HS is definitely the worst standalone park IMHO. That said, the ride-lineup is really elite for families without little kids.

Once I became a local, Hollywood became amazing, because if you treat Hollywood and Epcot as one mega park (as I began doing), it’s the best park in the world. Start in Hollywood, hit a few great rides, then hop to Epcot once you’re hungry and enjoy the food, shows, ambiance, etc.

Epcot primarily lacks elite attractions (especially until Guardians opened) whereas Hollywood pretty much only has elite attractions, so they’re really nice to have side-by-side.

To make DHS a complete park, it needs a lot, but honestly, once they get rid of the ugly in animation courtyard, I will be far less bothered by it.

Animal Kingdom is a spectacular park that needs quantity. It has everything else in a balanced format. It needs quantity of those formats. I would personally prefer stuff as Animal Kingdom in the short term (because I found myself not visiting often because of the lack of depth, even though I love the park), whereas the pitfalls of Hollywood can be more easily overcame.

AKL2003

I agree. HS is definitely the worst standalone park IMHO. That said, the ride-lineup is really elite for families without little kids.

Once I became a local, Hollywood became amazing, because if you treat Hollywood and Epcot as one mega park (as I began doing), it’s the best park in the world. Start in Hollywood, hit a few great rides, then hop to Epcot once you’re hungry and enjoy the food, shows, ambiance, etc.

Epcot primarily lacks elite attractions (especially until Guardians opened) whereas Hollywood pretty much only has elite attractions, so they’re really nice to have side-by-side.

To make DHS a complete park, it needs a lot, but honestly, once they get rid of the ugly in animation courtyard, I will be far less bothered by it.

Animal Kingdom is a spectacular park that needs quantity. It has everything else in a balanced format. It needs quantity of those formats. I would personally prefer stuff as Animal Kingdom in the short term (because I found myself not visiting often because of the lack of depth, even though I love the park), whereas the pitfalls of Hollywood can be more easily overcame.
I agree…we were at AK a few weeks ago and everest was down most of the day…threw the park into a tailspin which wouldnt happen if there were more to do to spread out the crowds

bcoachable

Interesting.

there are currently lots of things wrong with the park, but losing the street-moshphere has to be considered when discussing what is missing...

Brer Oswald

I would scrap the entire Animation building, Mermaid theater and Disney Junior in favor of a complete, fully fleshed out toontown...where all the Disney Animation characters live... If you have been to Toontown at Disneyland you understand how much fun this could be....and with more space they could do even more with it...Beyond that it makes sense that DHS have an area celebrating the characters that created Disney Studios...
Would be amazing.

James Alucobond

This is how I treat any "Hollywood Studios day" at this point even as a non-local occasional visitor. Especially with early entry, I can wrap up basically everything I want to do there before noon and then grab lunch at either EPCOT or the Riviera before chilling for the rest of the day on EPCOT rides. HS needs some major changes if they want to keep me there longer than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom