News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

TheMaxRebo

Is that a mountain behind the Encanto house?

Looks like it - maybe that is to house the show building?

BTW - looking at measurements, Primeval Whirl took up more real estate than I thought. It, plus some backstage area creates about 7,300 sq meters. For comparison, Haunted Mansion is like 6,000 sq meters and Mystic Manor is like 3,300 sq meters

1694275281809.png
1694275292677.png
1694275304793.png

Kamikaze

Indiana Jones Adventure is literally the best ride at the DLR; what are you smoking, bro? The worst ride out here is easily the Incredicoaster followed by Mission Breakout.
Oh yes! Shake me Indy that looks nothing like Harrison Ford, shake me!

The ride sucks. Its Dino but with Indy. And I LOVE the Indy movies, I'll even watch Crystal Skull occasionally. But the ride system for the attraction is garbo, so it makes the attraction garbo.

James Alucobond

I will say though that I liked the idea of an Oceania type land (even featuring Moana) in DAK. And the idea of a boat ride there. I would be okay to see that concept come back in a new land that has animals from that part of the world.
I do think it’s worth revisiting in the future. Using an all-new expansion area for Oceania would still be a valid idea. Animal Kingdom with the Americas, Africa, Asia, Oceania, Pandora, and … maybe a S.E.A. outpost or a mythological creatures area actually starts to sound like a complete, cohesive park.

zipadee999

I couldn’t be happier with this news. Dinoland always had a very weird six flags kiddie area feel to it with only a single good attraction that was hit or miss. This makes the land cohesive and fits the theme of the park better, that being different parts of the world and the natural wonders within them.

They are also keeping the flow of dinoland. The family friendly Chester and hester is being replaced by family friendly encanto, and the ‘scary’ CTX is being replaced by the intense Indy ride.

Mike S

I couldn’t be happier with this news. Dinoland always had a very weird six flags kiddie area feel to it with only a single good attraction that was hit or miss. This makes the land cohesive and fits the theme of the park better, that being different parts of the world and the natural wonders within them.

They are also keeping the flow of dinoland. The family friendly Chester and hester is being replaced by family friendly encanto, and the ‘scary’ CTX is being replaced by the intense Indy ride.
They could’ve done all this while still keeping the land about Dinosaurs.

JohnD

I will say though that I liked the idea of an Oceania type land (even featuring Moana) in DAK. And the idea of a boat ride there. I would be okay to see that concept come back in a new land that has animals from that part of the world.
Oceania is the Nemo show. It's based in the S. Pacific/Australia between Asia and S. America. Imagine that it's perfectly placed in AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom