News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Brer Oswald

Goodbye Dinosaurs. You’re extinct in real life and now also at Walt Disney World. One of the reasons I loved this place as a kid.

Now if only Universal would fix up the River Adventure :mad:
Dinosaur is MUCH better than River Adventure. Weird to see Disney give Universal the lead here. Now if we had the fantastic Universal Beijing Jurassic World ride…that would be a different story.

flyerjab

Huge win. Replacing one of the worst lands in any Disney theme park with likely one of the best in any theme park anywhere.

Finally we can get the flavors of South American food represented in the park, give me some empanadas!

Finally Dinosaur will no longer be a “what we could’ve had” every time we ride it. It’ll finally become the attraction it always should’ve been.

A mystic manor style indoor family attraction is exactly what Animal Kingdom needs.

Everything about this is infinitely better than the actual blue sky they threw out last year.

If you noticed, they glossed over Magic Kingdom, because they don’t have firm plans anywhere, but for Animal Kingdom, they actually clarified what they’re planning to do. Animal Kingdom was always the priority number one and this confirms that. This isn’t the blue sky nonsense of last year and it’s super exciting.

A full South American continent is perfect for Animal Kingdom. New animal exhibits throughout the continent, gorgeous placemaking, and a true upgrade. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Hopefully the area between Indy and Encanto becomes a new animal trail.
We are in complete agreement here. Aside from the IP discussion, the culinary aspects alone get me excited for this. As well as the design/artwork potential from this part the world. And from an entertainment potential, Latin and South American music will provide so much energy. The more I think about this the more I like it.

And you hit the nail on the head with the possibility of a Mystic Manor type ride for Encanto. A house that comes alive to Encanto music as you ride through it could be incredible.

SteamboatJoe

IF they can tie Indy into an animal based macguffin, this could work. Like trying to get an extinct animal egg. Big IF though.

Same with Encanto. It needs to relate to the animal kingdom in some way.

I won’t hold my breath. Why oh why can’t they preserve what is arguably the last cohesively themed park behind MK? Why? Otherwise it will become a MK lite with animals.
A big snakes exhibit.

TarzanRocked99-

Is that where the temple at the top is?

Either way my point stands. It had a presence in two parks for a long time so they’re likely not rushing anything for the stunt show.
No, the layout is fairly easy to grasp.

The Indiana Jones temple sits exactly where dinosaur does currently

The Encanto house sits where primeval whirl used to be.

The carousel looking structure is Triceratop Spin

The large building at the bottom, right hand side is RestaurantaSaurus.

The building in the upper middle is the current Chester and Hester’s Dinarama shop

This concept actually seems to work with all existing structures and pathways. In reality it’s a cosmetic makeover with re-themes of Dinosaur and an Encanto attraction addition.

This is most likely a much more cost efficient design than the last concept.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

Is that where the temple at the top is?

Either way my point stands. It had a presence in two parks for a long time so they’re likely not rushing anything for the stunt show.
I think Casita is in its vicinity - depends on the nature of the Casita attraction. If its more than just scenery a la Rapunzel's tower, it might infringe upon the theater space.

I agree - I don't think Indy AK means an immediate exit from DHS but I can't imagine that area being expanded for Indy long-term which probably means it will replaced by somethinge eventually. Whether they have an idea for what that is though remains to be seen - perhaps its just an indefinite placeholder. It probably stays for the foreseeable future as the capital right now appears to be going to AK and then MK (Beyond Frontierland).

DisneyDebRob

First reaction... more blue sky??

Second thought... gee, I wonder how Indy made it to the project board 🙄
Agree. When I see words like “ considering” .. I’ll wait until something concrete is in place. I’ve seen this movie so many times that the ending is usually the same. I know, I know.. it gets everyone excited but I’m still thinking of the blue sky ideas from 10-15 years ago that was splashed everywhere then nothing. Artwork looks cool though.

SteamboatJoe

No, the layout is fairly easy to grasp.

The Indiana Jones temple sits exactly where dinosaur does currently

The Encanto house sits where primeval whirl used to be.

The carousel looking structure is triceratop Spin

The large building at the bottom, right hand side is RestaurantaSaurus.

The building in the upper middle is the current Chester and Hester’s Dinarama shop
Ah yes, I forgot about the old Primeval Whirl space. I could easily see Casita being a Mystic Manor sort of attraction and/or an Encanto musical for the Theater in the Wild.

JT3000

For what it’s worth, while I think replacing Dinosaur is a poor decision, this year’s blue sky idea is leagues better than last year’s.

I mean maybe Dinosaur will stay, and as a yearly tradition, Disney will spitball a new idea they might possibly consider for the area. What will it be next year? Elemental and Dr Strange?
7ykalh.jpg

Magenta Panther

Pretty funny that people who screech over the idea of Zootopia (a movie with animals in it) being put into Animal Kingdom are happy with Encanto (a movie NOT about animals) being wedged into Animal Kingdom. Whereas many other people might feel that the real reason Encanto is being shoved into that round hole is that the movie, while a box-office failure, had a song that got popular for some reason. And of course representation had to be shoved into WDW somewhere...:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom