News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

DonniePeverley

"outlined some of the "blue sky" ideas that WDI is working on for the next decade."

Over the course of a DECADE ?

Give me a break. Utterly shameful. No doubt everyone will lap it up.

See you all in 2033 when (IF) we see anything done.

These D23 events are getting embarassing. When they have nothing to say, they just spin a bunch of 'hey look at this concept we may build (or not)', and now that has become 'oh we may build something within 10 years'.

It's just nonsense and not even worth discussing.

comics101

The sooner you come to terms with the fact that Disney literally doesn't care anymore and will just make all of their theme parks into generic IP dumping grounds no matter how unfitting for the sake of pure capitalism, the better
Or guests and fans could hold Disney accountable. That’s kind of the point of capitalism as well 🤷‍♂️

aladdin2007

"outlined some of the "blue sky" ideas that WDI is working on for the next decade."

Over the course of a DECADE ?

Give me a break. Utterly shameful. No doubt everyone will lap it up.

See you all in 2033 when (IF) we see anything done.
I agree I hope they dont take 20 years to do this and do it piecemeal , they need to just do it already. I know they dont want entire areas closed but...just do it and get it done.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
So an Antonio carousel? It's like imagineers visited the zoo in New Orleans while on a Bayou Adventure research trip.

25867685337_cd10351026_b.jpg

Also, the carousel is currently missing from the zoo. Reportedly it suffered structural, mechanical and electrical damage that was too severe to repair on site so the whole thing was shipped off for repair. There are other zoo animal carousels out there so I'm not saying Disney intervened and bought this specific one, but until it shows back up in New Orleans we don't know that they didn't. For now I think this more inspiration, hopefully with animals from the area.

comics101

While I am beyond bummed that the land’s Dinosaur focus is being abandoned, at least this plan feels more cohesive than the weird Moana/Zootopia combo.

I don’t love these plans, but I also don’t hate them. I think I expected so much worse that this feels somewhat acceptable 😂. That said, I’d still be happier if they just bulldozed DinoRama and Nemo and built 2 new dinosaur attractions in their place.

comics101

The fact they are still doing the “blue sky” bs and not actually announcing anything is ridiculous. If you aren’t going to officially announce it and commit to actually building it just shut up and stop stringing people along
I have to wonder if the poor reaction to Moana/Zootopia spooked management a bit. While it sounds silly, the fact that they’re presenting yet *another* blue sky idea is really strange.

SpectreJordan

I was sorta into the Moana idea, if it meant we got Pacific Island animals in the park. Zootopia belongs in DHS though. But this is a much better idea.

I think there's ways to fit Encanto & Indy in Animal Kingdom. Encanto could focus on Antonio & his animals, maybe showcase the way Colombian people are influenced by animals. Indy could be going after an artifact based on an animal god, showcasing how people have worshipped animals in the past.

I would prefer Encanto to remain in the Magic Kingdom plans & for Up to come to this South American land though. Up has conservation themes within it that would fit well for AK.

I really hope they add some new animal trails too. South America has some amazing animals to showcase.

DonniePeverley

Let us hope that you do a better job than Disney of sticking to a timeline for your next appearance.

But this announcement is literally nothing. How can you literally think you can announce something and add the words 'next decade' after it with a straight face?

What happened to last years 'plans to Beyond Thunder Mountain', or before that plans for 'Mary Poppins into Epcot'. I tell you what - we never here from those plans again.

It's all just nonsense.

These D23 events were something to look forward too. But now they are nothing but fluff and nonsense. The sooner they are abandoned the better.

Just say 'hey we've had a poor year, and of course the theme park division is the one that will take the hit' and we got nothing planned.

Next year they will get up with a straight face and tell us possible within the next 34 years they may not only fix the yeti, but build a whole world dedicated to the Yeti. Yeah over 34 years. Cue mass hysteria enthusiam on the forums, and cheers and fainting at the D23 event.

Utter nonsense, don't fall for it.

zipadee999

So what blue sky rides will they be “considering” at D23 next year? Lightyear and Wish?
I think that they’re just blindly throwing darts at a board until one happens to hit a bullseye. The previous zootopia proposal got lukewarm responses so I bet they went back to the drawing board and came up with this to see how people would react. People seem to be happy so this might just be what we end up with, but if I had to guess I’d say if people were lukewarm on this they’d come up with a different blue sky to present next time until they finally landed on one that people like

DavidDL

I hope they don’t forget to include some live animals in the new area. I know there was just the Croc there before but that shouldn’t excuse a lack of them in whatever they build going forward.

It’s hard to tell from the concept art with so much foliage and without knowledge of what will be in the new buildings but I certainly hope they can naturally integrate some living creatures in there the way the other areas of the park do.

But more likely it’ll just be shops filled with Bruno merch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom