News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

SplashJacket

Huge win. Replacing one of the worst lands in any Disney theme park with likely one of the best in any theme park anywhere.

Finally we can get the flavors of South American food represented in the park, give me some empanadas!

Finally Dinosaur will no longer be a “what we could’ve had” every time we ride it. It’ll finally become the attraction it always should’ve been.

A mystic manor style indoor family attraction is exactly what Animal Kingdom needs.

Everything about this is infinitely better than the actual blue sky they threw out last year.

If you noticed, they glossed over Magic Kingdom, because they don’t have firm plans anywhere, but for Animal Kingdom, they actually clarified what they’re planning to do. Animal Kingdom was always the priority number one and this confirms that. This isn’t the blue sky nonsense of last year and it’s super exciting.

A full South American continent is perfect for Animal Kingdom. New animal exhibits throughout the continent, gorgeous placemaking, and a true upgrade. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Hopefully the area between Indy and Encanto becomes a new animal trail.

No Name

For what it’s worth, while I think replacing Dinosaur is a poor decision, this year’s blue sky idea is leagues better than last year’s.

Goodbye Dinosaurs. You’re extinct in real life and now also at Walt Disney World. One of the reasons I loved this place as a kid.

Now if only Universal would fix up the River Adventure :mad:
I mean maybe Dinosaur will stay, and as a yearly tradition, Disney will spitball a new idea they might possibly consider for the area. What will it be next year? Elemental and Dr Strange?

flyerjab

Have to say I am surprised by this announcement. I was fully expecting more Moana and Zootopia concept art. Nothing cohesive at all about that idea, although some of the Moana area looked good.

This at least is now a more cohesive idea for another land to go along with Africa and Asia. This is a blue sky idea I like much better than last year’s idea. The big IF though is whether or not animals and the concepts of conservation are present or not. Last year’s D23 blue sky chit chat more or less came off as let’s just shove IP here. The fact that this was presented more along the lines of ‘we are adding a South American section to this park’ is way more promising. The Animal component has to be present though. If done with the spirit of the park in mind, this could be great. I mean, if Encanto is a ride, it could almost be similar to Mystic Manor - a house that comes alive as you go through it on tracked vehicles. And Indy would still be a great ride even if the last movie tanked.

This one I am still looking forward to if it continues to track in the direction of a South American section. The food could be great, with some great entertainment offerings also. Again, from an entertainment perspective, Encanto music could be used here also. I got some positivity from this one.

JohnD

Super mixed feelings. A broad South America land would fit great in AK. I love Indy and I guess Encanto could fit fine.

Why oh why must it replace my beloved Dinosaur though :(
Indy makes sense though. DINOSAUR will become Indy certainly. It's the same ride track as the Indy ride in DL. Also not surprised by S. America or "Tropical Americas" as they call it. It was pretty much the only area left not represented. We dodged a bullet with Zootopia only being a Tree of. life show, thankfully.

SteamboatJoe

Last edited:

SamusAranX

IF they can tie Indy into an animal based macguffin, this could work. Like trying to get an extinct animal egg. Big IF though.

Same with Encanto. It needs to relate to the animal kingdom in some way.

I won’t hold my breath. Why oh why can’t they preserve what is arguably the last cohesively themed park behind MK? Why? Otherwise it will become a MK lite with animals.

jmuboy

I personally think this is a vast improvement over another Moana area and Zootopia. Hoping for a live animal component as well
I have to agree

South America with a jungle temple Indy reskin of Dinosaur. A casita Encanto attraction. A super realistic village square like Africa and an animal exhibit is 1000 times better than Moana and Zootopia. I know details are vague still. But it is totally an improved idea over the original blue sky

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom