News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

MadderAdder

I do think it’s worth revisiting in the future. Using an all-new expansion area for Oceania would still be a valid idea. Animal Kingdom with the Americas, Africa, Asia, Oceania, Pandora, and … maybe a S.E.A. outpost or a mythological creatures area actually starts to sound like a complete, cohesive park.
The dream for 2055. 👏

Joking aside, this is what they should do.

Tay

More replacing and not adding but if Antonio and Encanto are done correctly and not cheaply (well not blow the budget on minuscule things) could be a game changer. Never rode Dinosaur, not a fan of them. I hope Indy isn’t a direct copy from DL.

Mike S

Ugh, every time a Latin American country is considered as the setting for a Disney park attraction...
The guy talked about the decision makers being on drugs and I simply made the connection to the one most associated to the country the movie is based in.

Grow a sense of humor dude it’s not that serious lol

Andrew25

When Bob says to add more IP into DAK
1694277400385.png

zipadee999

Does anyone know how the dinosaur layout compares to the indy layout? I know they are very very similar but I feel like they’re not exact clones. I also wonder if this will be a clone of DL or Tokyo or if we’ll be getting our own version with a unique story that’s relevant to the South American theme. Since it’s animal kingdom, I’d love to see a snake god in place of Mara to give it an animal theme

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Does anyone know how the dinosaur layout compares to the indy layout? I know they are very very similar but I feel like they’re not exact clones. I also wonder if this will be a clone of DL or Tokyo or if we’ll be getting our own version with a unique story that’s relevant to the South American theme. Since it’s animal kingdom, I’d love to see a snake god in place of Mara to give it an animal theme
They are near exact clones. I think structurally there might be things moved around in the big room, but the layouts are literally identical.

I'd hope they'd reuse the animatronics on Dinosaur, and I'd imagine there's a real chance since they're doing so on Splash. They're very impressive to a degree that would be shameful to just trash.

How cool would it be if the Temple is like a portal to the past and instead of snakes and spiders you had ancient massive creatures King Kong style tossed in with a few large dinosaurs.

Last edited:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
First reaction... more blue sky??

Second thought... gee, I wonder how Indy made it to the project board 🙄
Is it actually blue sky? This concept art looks really detailed and like they've honed in on things from last year. Maybe the concept hasn't been greenlit to start construction, but I imagine they have money earmarked already so it's just a matter of when rather than just throwing ideas out there like last year, but maybe I'm totally wrong.

I wonder who spearheaded the changes because the plans last year were really bad and felt like an IP mandate. This feels like a more natural progression of the park and like the people in charge actually understood that it would've ruined Animal Kingdom's flawless themed design.

Tay

It's not about the IP's, but what they can do with the IP's. Zootopia wouldn't work as well with real animals, IMHO. The characters are basically humans. You can tie Encanto and Indy with actual creatures that you can see in the real world.
Agreed! I actually think this idea is a decent compromise for all Disney fans and shows they’re somewhat listening. Moana & Zootopia in AK didn’t make any sense. At least with Encanto and Indy they fit better for the theme of AK. A lot of fans have wanted a SA land in the parks forever too. They can always have exhibits with real animals from SA.

The problem is will they build this in a timely manner aka at least before 2030 of draw this out into the mid 2030s?

UNCgolf

Pretty funny that people who screech over the idea of Zootopia (a movie with animals in it) being put into Animal Kingdom are happy with Encanto (a movie NOT about animals) being wedged into Animal Kingdom. Whereas many other people might feel that the real reason Encanto is being shoved into that round hole is that the movie, while a box-office failure, had a song that got popular for some reason. And of course representation had to be shoved into WDW somewhere...:rolleyes:

Well Zootopia only superficially has animals in it; they're basically just people.

Encanto, on the other hand, isn't really any worse (or better) as fit from an IP standpoint, but it's a much better fit from a land standpoint, since they can focus on South America. Zootopia takes place in a city.

Encanto works better for Animal Kingdom than Zootopia even if it's not a great fit; I don't think that should be hard for anyone to grasp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom