News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Ghost93

Not true.
Due to its budget, it was not a commercial hit. Disney did not expect it to place as low as it did.
It was the fifth-highest-grossing movie of 2000 (making $350 million theatrically on a $127 million budget) and it sold 10.6 million home video units in 2001 — generating an additional $198 million in home media sales. So clearly a lot of people saw it and the Disney company wasn't totally insane for tying Countdown to Extinction to the film at the time. Unfortunately, the only thing the film had going for it artistically was it's CGI visuals, and now that those have aged poorly the movie is mostly unwatchable.

lazyboy97o

Walt would have found a way, he did it his way, yes he made some concessions, but HE DID IT!!!! He made it thematically work, he didnt scrimp or cut corners. Yes there was Black Sunday, but he still got it fixed. Dreamers like him are whats needed in imagineering badly but the whole company needs that, what can we do...............
I don’t really know what to make of this. Both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom opened with rather lackluster Tomorrowlands because the resources were shifted elsewhere. Lack of funding just isn’t really a problem with park projects, but instead too many cooks in the kitchen because the chefs aren’t trusted.

erasure fan1

Lol but you might as well have a permanent address under the closest bridge to you with the amount of trolling you do on here...especially in the movie threads.
Oh come on now. No laughing face emoji? You're losing your touch. I can see how a different opinion than ones own could be considered trolling. That's a big qualifier for your type.

Prince-1

Oh come on now. No laughing face emoji? You're losing your touch. I can see how a different opinion than ones own could be considered trolling. That's a big qualifier for your type.

Nah, usually what you say isn't funny...just somewhat sad and they don't have a good emoji on here for that. But here is the best I could find for you: 😢

And people can have any opinion they want but I find it funny that people are so quick to jump to conclusions to how bad everything that was announced is going to be without any actual idea of what we will get. If they actually build anything announced (which is unlikely) and it sucks then we can all dump on it to our hearts delight but "your type" seems to trash everything no matter what. Kind of like what you do with movies that you haven't seen or haven't even been released yet.

Last edited:

DonniePeverley

Careful, you'll get scolded to find a new vacation spot or find something new to be a fan of. Defenders gonna defend.

There is nothing to defend from even the hardcore Disney fans.

Take this from themeparkinsider - who i quote -

"And yes, that covers the big Dinoland USA replacement that D'Amaro and Walt Disney Imagineering Chief Creative Officer Bruce Vaughn talked about yesterday. The two used just about every weasel word imaginable to keep Disney from actually committing to or officially announcing any element of that project."

Now that's from someone who adores Disney.

What happened to the previous plans for Magic Kingdom extending beyond Thunder Mountain?

TheMaxRebo

Do when know when the renovations would be slated to take place?

no timing was indicated and the plans presented are just what is being "considered" so I would expect it anytime soon

I guess theoretically they could try to go quick with the retheme of Dino to Indy if they want something for 2025, but I'm not holding my breath

rd805

There is nothing to defend from even the hardcore Disney fans.

Take this from themeparkinsider - who i quote -

"And yes, that covers the big Dinoland USA replacement that D'Amaro and Walt Disney Imagineering Chief Creative Officer Bruce Vaughn talked about yesterday. The two used just about every weasel word imaginable to keep Disney from actually committing to or officially announcing any element of that project."

Now that's from someone who adores Disney.

What happened to the previous plans for Magic Kingdom extending beyond Thunder Mountain?

While I'm extremely excited and hopeful about the 'hints' the two dropped, this was mostly my take away too. Again, more hopeful than negative but they worked their hardest not to commit!

Minnie1986

no timing was indicated and the plans presented are just what is being "considered" so I would expect it anytime soon

I guess theoretically they could try to go quick with the retheme of Dino to Indy if they want something for 2025, but I'm not holding my breath
This makes sense. Thanks!

JustInTime

Please explain why posting someone who isn't a member of this forums bad takes as a video in the middle of a discussion is in any way productive or helpful to the discussion.
Well, videos can be great (even when you disagree) to add to discussion. This is part of the younger generation and the world we live in now. Even if I don’t agree with the video - it could provoke discussion and they can summarize thoughts the posters might not have been able to put into writing. Again - not a great video (I love the idea of Indy coming) but if that’s what the member wants to contribute, who cares?

EricsBiscuit

I think the bottom line is that any major project is unlikely to happen (I.e. begin construction) until they square away Hulu, sell their legacy assets, and D+ stops hemorrhaging cash. The Zootopia show might go ahead, but I doubt much else will until 2025 at the earliest.

Sir_Cliff

I think Josh is talking about what he wants to build at WDW knowing full well Iger isn’t going to let it happen.

Josh is a bigger snake oil salesman than Iger
I don't think Josh is making any major announcements without Iger being on board.

Iger has spent a long time talking up investments in the parks and is keen to bolster his and the company's standing with fans, so it's just as likely he wanted them to announce something at D23 even if it isn't quite ready to be confirmed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom