News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

doctornick

While not a DAK fit, it would be nice if Raging Spirits was also part of this. It's a mediocre coaster but it would address the capacity concern to an extent. It also doesn't exactly fit into DAK.
Raging Spirits themed like the Excavator? It could even have the story of being a dinosaur dig site which uncovered the temple that Indy ends up exploring

James Alucobond

Yeah, I’m wondering why people are thinking it’s a carousel. Not saying it couldn’t be, but it seems quite possible it’s the same spinner that already exists just with a roof
Definitely possible. Just a combination of the fact that it looks larger and has been moved quite a bit makes me think they might be taking the opportunity to increase the capacity since it’s the only flat ride in the park.

James Alucobond

I don't think it is confirmed (even just in these under considerations plans) that is going away

I hope they keep it - I think it is such a great Element to the park and like you said, easy to add some Indy elements
I know this is probably indicative of nothing and more than likely just replaces the seating area at the Dinosaur exit, but I did wonder if the canopies indicated by the arrow below might be a relocated and modified Boneyard. The fact that the exit is split and diverted away from the main courtyard (shown as a dotted line) may lend credence to this idea, though it's probably a long shot.
ij_canopies.png

Horizonsfan

I know this is probably indicative of nothing and more than likely just replaces the seating area at the Dinosaur exit, but I did wonder if the canopies indicated by the arrow below might be a relocated and modified Boneyard. The fact that the exit is split and diverted away from the main courtyard (shown as a dotted line) may lend credence to this idea, though it's probably a long shot.

That's plausible.

My assumption is that becomes the animal trail. If they A) remove the path from Dinosaur to Chester/Hesters & B) add some temple theming (like TDS) to the Dino show building, there's a fair amount of space to work with, roughly half the size of Maharajah Jungle Trek:

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 9.45.35 PM.png

That still leaves room for a Mystic Manor sized Encanto Attraction on Primeval Whirl's plot.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Looks like Casita sits right where Primeval Whirl was, but if the actual building is just a fascade/queue space for a larger ride (a.l.a. Haunted Mansion) is there really room for a large show building behind there? Looks like there are some structures in the way... how "movable" are they?

James Alucobond

Looks like Casita sits right where Primeval Whirl was, but if the actual building is just a fascade/queue space for a larger ride (a.l.a. Haunted Mansion) is there really room for a large show building behind there? Looks like there are some structures in the way... how "movable" are they?
@Henry Mystic did an overlay here with the Mystic Manor facade sitting right about where Casita is shown in the rendering.

Movielover

Aladdin has a parrot, a tiger, a monkey, elephants, llamas, bears, lions, birds that warble on key, camels, peacocks, and horses in it. Does that belong in Animal Kingdom too?
No idea, you just said Indy had nothing to do with animals, and I just wanted to point out your mistake. 🤷‍♂️

Of course, you also seem to be forgetting the episode of The Young Adventures of Indiana Jones when as a child he traveled to Africa and met President Theodore Roosevelt on safari. Then, after discovering where a very rare species of antelope, the Oryx, and witnessing the safari group killing a massive number of the rare animals he himself helped locate, Indiana helped open the eyes of Roosevelt and company to the preservation of the animals being alive and how they affected the balance of life in the area. Thus, teaching the viewers how over-hunting a species can lead to its extinction and the fallout that can have on a location's ecosystem.

But yeah, I guess that little bit of conservation of animals has absolutely nothing to do with the conservation of animals. ;)

1694505233716.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom