News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

J4546

yeah i could see something like this coming to paris as well. They got the spot for Indy, and they could deg use encanto as well in the area surrounding maybe even redo that group of restaraunts that are part of fronteir land

Bocabear

Paris is just a small coaster sadly... They could use the full Indy attraction in addition to what they already to flesh out the land a bit....

Kamikaze

Well, videos can be great (even when you disagree) to add to discussion. This is part of the younger generation and the world we live in now. Even if I don’t agree with the video - it could provoke discussion and they can summarize thoughts the posters might not have been able to put into writing. Again - not a great video (I love the idea of Indy coming) but if that’s what the member wants to contribute, who cares?
Because its a discussion forum for your posts, not a 'lets see what TikTok goober has to say'. This TikTok person is presumably not part of this forum or this thread, if they want to come in and add their thoughts, great. Otherwise, we don't need to see their dumb video. If you want to watch him, go on TikTok and watch him.

No Name

Why does everyone want a clone of a terrible roller coaster in Raging Spirits? How about something new, and, um, good, instead?

Yeah and how about 10 more rides while they’re at it? People are just being realistic. When they can’t even get a budget approved for what they’ve already announced, there’s no shot of something else new happening. Raging Spirits is not at all a terrible coaster and should cost relatively little to copy here, which makes it a possible idea.

DCLcruiser

I’m just concerned that a new Indy ride might make Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar at Disney Springs too popular. It’s always been a hidden gem to us. Never a line (granted I go off season).

gerarar

Premium Member
Well, videos can be great (even when you disagree) to add to discussion. This is part of the younger generation and the world we live in now. Even if I don’t agree with the video - it could provoke discussion and they can summarize thoughts the posters might not have been able to put into writing. Again - not a great video (I love the idea of Indy coming) but if that’s what the member wants to contribute, who cares?
Because its a discussion forum for your posts, not a 'lets see what TikTok goober has to say'. This TikTok person is presumably not part of this forum or this thread, if they want to come in and add their thoughts, great. Otherwise, we don't need to see their dumb video. If you want to watch him, go on TikTok and watch him.
Well this kinda blew up..

My intention was to post that it's a joke (and I agree with the main points even tho its repeated x3 times), just like any other meme, video, etc. that gets posted here on the forums. Didn't mean for y'all to fight and bicker over it lol.

Oh, and I'm still in the #SaveDinosaur #SaveTheIguanodon camp. Stop it with the replacing already and build new things for more additional capacity. No reason we can't have a new Indy ride alongside what's already there. AK needs it the most (well they all do).

TheMaxRebo

When were they seen doing that? I must have missed it! It's also possible they were looking at where to put a Zootopia attraction. Asking themselves which country would be the least controversial to replace.

This was earlier this year (or maybe even longer ago at this point, can't keep time straight) so who knows if still on the table - just mentioning it as the idea of "more Aladdin" has been out there in the past

HMF

This was earlier this year (or maybe even longer ago at this point, can't keep time straight) so who knows if still on the table - just mentioning it as the idea of "more Aladdin" has been out there in the past
I am not sure having Aladdin which takes place in a fictional arabian kingdom and has one of Disney+'s "culturally insensitive" warnings in front of it is a wise idea for the Morocco Pavilion never mind my aversion to IPs in EPCOT.

Last edited:

doctornick

I am not sure having Aladdin which takes place in a fictional arabian kingdom and has one of Disney+'s "culturally insensitive" warnings in front of it is a wise idea for the Morocco Pavilion never mind my aversion to IPs in EPCOT.
I will admit that an Aladdin attraction in Morocco feels wrong to me and not in a “cartoons don’t belong in Epcot” way. It’s the idea that somehow all Muslim/Arab countries are somehow interchangeable which just seems disrespectful. It’s not really like putting Frozen in Norway. It would be more like putting Frozen in the Italy pavilion because it’s vaguely European and “close enough”.

I’d rather see Aladdin used (better) in Adventureland or in DHS than Morocco.

bmr1591

I feel like World Showcase is the perfect place for IP as long as the characters are teaching people about their culture or the country. Just a recap of the movie isn’t welcome. Getting kids interested by using their favorite characters is the best use of IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom