News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Advisable Joseph

Things can change, but the Tree of Life announcement was not Blue Sky, and the thought that it won't happen feels like massive wishful thinking. Brace for it to come.

It's not going to be about humans, other than the audience. It would probably be a touch weird in Hollywood Studios, constantly talking about wildlife.

Please guys, look up Ranger Rick Magazine.

On a side note I'm actually really looking forward to Tropical Americas. I think Dinoland had some nice parts but overall just felt cheap and poor theming, not to mention the black paths and no shade made it awful in the summer.
Totally agree.

Has it been discussed that they’re calling it Tropical Americas and not Latin America? Feels like they’re emphasizing an ecological region rather than a cultural one, which I think is the right decision for this park (and I say that as a Latino). Of course we’ll want to see a richly developed town as with Anandapur and Harambe, but gives me a little extra hope they’re developing this land to serve the park’s mission

Unbanshee

The site we don't say has pictures of more trees being removed from around the DINOSAUR showbuilding. Could a closure date come at D23 or is it too soon?

They got their clicks from it, but there have been no trees removed. At most, some trees may have been trimmed back, but not removed. Even that site doesn't provide evidence of removal. Clickbait garbage, once again

James Alucobond

Has it been discussed that they’re calling it Tropical Americas and not Latin America? Feels like they’re emphasizing an ecological region rather than a cultural one, which I think is the right decision for this park (and I say that as a Latino).
Definitely possible, though I think the term “Latin America” has lately become less favored, so it may just be a response to that.

DCLcruiser

Totally agree.

Has it been discussed that they’re calling it Tropical Americas and not Latin America? Feels like they’re emphasizing an ecological region rather than a cultural one, which I think is the right decision for this park (and I say that as a Latino). Of course we’ll want to see a richly developed town as with Anandapur and Harambe, but gives me a little extra hope they’re developing this land to serve the park’s mission
Latin America would be too broad an area. They are focusing on tropical Americas. Latin America would include other bioms.

co10064

Premium Member
Logistically, how in the world would the park handle the Tree of Life and all of Dinoland closed at once?

There must be a plan to execute all this in phases
You would hope, but I highly doubt it. This is the same company that at one point reduced Hollywood Studios to just three rides during its remodel (Tower, RnRC, ST).

James Alucobond

Latin America would be too broad an area. They are focusing on tropical Americas. Latin America would include other bioms.
There are also countless biomes in Asia and Africa, so I don't really think that's it. It's more likely that they wanted to be able to incorporate parts of the north, central, and south Americas without boxing themselves out of the potential to use the northern reaches of North America later and without using cultural terminology like "Latin".

SJN1279

I would live for Shanghai Pirates to make its way over to Florida. I have seen more Jack Sparrow recently, and if they announce a new Pirate movie, I would be shocked if Johnny Depp doesn't have a role in it.
A new Pirates movie is a risk, and one without Depp is a definite bomb.

New Indy ride! I'm hoping for summer 2026.

LSLS

I would live for Shanghai Pirates to make its way over to Florida. I have seen more Jack Sparrow recently, and if they announce a new Pirate movie, I would be shocked if Johnny Depp doesn't have a role in it.
A new Pirates movie is a risk, and one without Depp is a definite bomb.

New Indy ride! I'm hoping for summer 2026.
Summer of 2026? Are you talking about for them to begin construction?

DCLcruiser

The existing "lands" of AK include Asia and Africa, both pretty broad areas of land with multiple bioms. I don't see that being an issue in keeping with a board general description of the new area.
I get your point.

If they called it Americas, people would be looking for the US/Canada. Latin America would be cultural, and not speak to the land itself.

Tropical Americas allows for the biomes of southern North America, Central America and northern South America.

Tropical meaning between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.

World_map_indicating_tropics_and_subtropics.png

I get your point.

If they called it Americas, people would be looking for the US/Canada. Latin America would be cultural, and not speak to the land itself.

Tropical Americas allows for the biomes of southern North America, Central America and northern South America.

Tropical meaning between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.

View attachment 805568
Yeah exactly. It felt like there were many other, less AK-relevant ways of calling this land. And the fact they chose Tropical Americas feels like a good thing

Sparksfly

Do we have a predicted closing date for Dinosaur yet? I keep seeing Late 2024- early 2025. We have a trip planned for November but I trying to figure out if we should move it forward to ride Dinosaur one last time or not.

CJR

Do we have a predicted closing date for Dinosaur yet? I keep seeing Late 2024- early 2025. We have a trip planned for November but I trying to figure out if we should move it forward to ride Dinosaur one last time or not.

I would place my bet on it being open through Christmas/NYE, just for DAK to have higher capacity. BUT- I could be wrong. They'll have to go a year (at that time of year) without it either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom