News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Yes, but if Tropical Americas is too much of a mouthful, just say or type Tropics; when referring to this land in DAK.
It is possible that commonly most people will just refer to it as the tropics in DAK, but I think for an official name, Tropical Americas is the best as it describes the region correctly and is in line with the rest of the park in terms of the name going along with different continents and the regions of the world.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Dear fellow Americans.

Highlighted below is the Tropics. The part of the globe... the whole globe... that is in between the latitudinal lines of "The Tropic of Cancer" and "The Tropic of Capricorn" named after the constellation in which the sun is directly in an overhead position in the sky at the two solstices. Then the sun 'turns around' and goes back the other way, from which the word 'tropic: to turn, a turning point' comes from.

1722534746476.png

Last edited:

Moth

I'll back off on the land per se: that was based on an exhibit added to the Shanghai Disney overview in the China pavillion. They added an exhibit for TRON Lightcycle/Run, but they had also added a Toy Story Land exhibit after the lands in Shanghai and Hollywood Studios had already opened.

However, look behind Josh D'Amaro in his teaser for new Disney World exhibits:

So, something Zootopia is coming.

Should we expect The Jungle Book?

I've heard nothing solid on that IP, but it seems like it was picked for a reason, especially with the others there...

easyrowrdw

I would LOVE it if Dinosaur were still open while they're working on the Encanto area. I'd really like to get one more ride, and I won't be back there till July.
It's one of my least favorite rides, but I still hope they keep it open for as long as possible. Disney construction is so slow and AK is short on attractions already. They don't need to be removing capacity until absolutely necessary. I mean, they don't need to be removing capacity at all, but that ship has sailed.

It is possible that commonly most people will just refer to it as the tropics in DAK, but I think for an official name, Tropical Americas is the best as it describes the region correctly and is in line with the rest of the park in terms of the name going along with different continents and the regions of the world.
Yep agree. Coco being in Central / Southern Mexico, Encanto in Colombia, and Indy in Peru (as in IJ4?) makes Tropical Americas accurate here

Didn’t Disney have an Amazon ride planned for a possible Brazil pavilion at Epcot at some point? While I’d hope that pavilion was still built (to give caiphirinas and South America representation in the park outside of Food & Wine), could work in this land eventually

aladdin2007

Yep agree. Coco being in Central / Southern Mexico, Encanto in Colombia, and Indy in Peru (as in IJ4?) makes Tropical Americas accurate here

Didn’t Disney have an Amazon ride planned for a possible Brazil pavilion at Epcot at some point? While I’d hope that pavilion was still built (to give caiphirinas and South America representation in the park outside of Food & Wine), could work in this land eventually
the plan tossed around at one stage was to move the three caballeros ride to the Brazil pavilion, and coco into Mexico,,,when it was all being considered a few years back. None of it happening now of course.

McMickeyWorld

It seems that Indy will be located near Yucatán; it could change, but so far everything points to that. I feel it is a disadvantage that the entire land is mainly focused on Mexico. I hope the theater will be repurposed for something else (be it animal exhibitions, Brazil? Or if Brazil is going to Epcot, something from Peru, Bolivia, or Ecuador). I think it could add more depth, and a show about the cosmovisions of Latin America could be a perfect closing touch for the land. I know the cultural aspect is intended only for Epcot, but I believe there are elements that feel closer to Animal Kingdom. The way the pavilions are presented, some of this cultural connection gets lost. There are cultures that still maintain a very close connection to the "animal world," if we can call it that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom