News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Advisable Joseph

When did Disney confirm a Zootopia land for WDW? Must’ve missed that!
I'll back off on the land per se: that was based on an exhibit added to the Shanghai Disney overview in the China pavillion. They added an exhibit for TRON Lightcycle/Run, but they had also added a Toy Story Land exhibit after the lands in Shanghai and Hollywood Studios had already opened.

However, look behind Josh D'Amaro in his teaser for new Disney World exhibits:

So, something Zootopia is coming.

flyerjab

Summer of 2026? Are you talking about for them to begin construction?
One site (that one we don’t talk about) posted a report online indicating that Disney has already started removing trees from and around the Dinosaur attraction. I think closure of this ride is imminent.

Ichabod Crane

I'll back off on the land per se: that was based on an exhibit added to the Shanghai Disney overview in the China pavillion. They added an exhibit for TRON Lightcycle/Run, but they had also added a Toy Story Land exhibit after the lands in Shanghai and Hollywood Studios had already opened.

However, look behind Josh D'Amaro in his teaser for new Disney World exhibits:

So, something Zootopia is coming.

That’s a big reach, wish, Snow White, and Jungle Book are there too and neither one of those films have upcoming attractions lined up.

Nickm2022

The name Tropical Americas in ok in my opinion, I would prefer something more specific like "South America" or "latin America" but I get the idea of having a broad name so we have a bigger amount of variety when it comes to cultures representing.

Can we also just be grateful they didn't include a stupid tag line like Tropical Americas: Inspired by Encanto or Indy's Tropical Americas Adventure. I hate the shameless insert IP name they started with naming these lands and rides.

Timothy_Q

The only thing I don't like about the Tropical Americas name is that it's not a single word like Africa, Asia and Pandora (which thankfully they decided not to include "the world of avatar" on park signs)

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I just believe the lands within a park should feel cohesive, and naming is a part of that

Dinoland USA was always an outlier at DAK, name included
While I do generally agree, I'm sure there's anything you could name it that would make sense. Just calling America doesn't really work since that mainly implies the US and nothing in this will be US themed. Basically anything else requires multiple words.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Dino Land USA is three words so honestly I don't think it makes a difference.

Two words...

1722504287193.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom