News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

SilentWindODoom

Really, the whole of Discovery Island, Africa, and Planet Watch are already suffused with Lion King DNA to the point that I’ve never thought a Lion King ride was particularly necessary. Not that I’d turn my nose up at such a ride or anything, though.

I feel like cries for a Lion King or Jungle Book dark ride to fill in some of the park's missing mid-letter ticket space has been a thing for the last 20 years.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Still wet, last I've heard.
So...

11 years later?

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
So...

11 years later?
I was about to make a joke that it was a water omnimover, but I didn't think this was a real thing!

UNCgolf

If this is another LM/Nemo omnimover style, I am not impressed. They are so boring.

I don't think anyone would be impressed by another Little Mermaid or Nemo; they're just bad/poorly designed rides. Nemo was shoehorned into a space that wasn't even intended to host an attraction.

A new E ticket omnimover could be fantastic, though -- some of the best attractions Disney has ever built are in this category (Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Journey into Imagination, etc.). Plus, a high capacity family friendly ride is exactly what DAK needs.

A boat ride would also fit as a high capacity family friendly attraction, though, and it seems like that's what we're actually getting.

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I don't think anyone would be impressed by another Little Mermaid or Nemo; they're just bad/poorly designed rides. Nemo was shoehorned into a space that wasn't even intended to host an attraction.

A new E ticket omnimover could be fantastic, though -- some of the best attractions Disney has ever built are in this category (Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Journey into Imagination, etc.). Plus, a high capacity family friendly ride is exactly what DAK needs.

A boat ride would also fit as a high capacity family friendly attraction, though, and it seems like that's what we're actually getting.
I think we can all agree that an Encanto trackless ride would probably fit the movie best and would be a cool idea, but I don't think it's the best idea for animal Kingdom right now. Trackless rides have proven to be unreliable, at least in Walt Disney World, so as cool it would be I think an omnimover or boat ride (with a similar capacity to ITASW or Pirates) is the best option for Animal Kingdom. A high capacity indoor ride (that won't shut down for weather) is exactly what Animal Kingdom needs right now imo.

SilentWindODoom

I think we can all agree that an Encanto trackless ride would probably fit the movie best and would be a cool idea, but I don't think it's the best idea for animal Kingdom right now. Trackless rides have proven to be unreliable, at least in Walt Disney World, so as cool it would be I think an omnimover or boat ride (with a similar capacity to ITASW or Pirates) is the best option for Animal Kingdom. A high capacity indoor ride (that won't shut down for weather) is exactly what Animal Kingdom needs right now imo.

While the issues with Rise's reliability are legend, I've never heard of any issues with Ratatouille. Is it also down a lot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom