News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

doctornick

Perhaps, but I’d think Disney wants people to immediately know which of their 4 parks has the animals. But I guess you never know for sure what they’ll do these days

And furthermore, "having animals" is a distinguishing aspect of DAK that compliments the other parks with different offerings (well, yeah, aquatic life in Epcot).

Brer Panther

Well we all knew Panther didn't like the Muppets but now we can add Antonio from Encanto to the list.
Who said I hate Antonio? Just because I don't want Encanto in Animal Kingdom doesn't mean I hate him.

And I actually like the Muppets. You're thinking of Magenta Panther, who's said that he doesn't hate the Muppets, he just hates that they're part of Disney.

Cmdr_Crimson

Perhaps, but I’d think Disney wants people to immediately know which of their 4 parks has the animals. But I guess you never know for sure what they’ll do these days
And furthermore, "having animals" is a distinguishing aspect of DAK that compliments the other parks with different offerings (well, yeah, aquatic life in Epcot).
It's not like these parks have a had an naming identity complex on them...oh wait..

E.P.C.O.T
Epcot Center
Epcot 94
Epcot 95
Epcot 96
EpCot
Epcot

Disney MGM Studios
Disney's Hollywood Studios..
And also 3 Icon's to distinguish what era it represented..
083da889bee7f70e3d9080c5a2432894.jpg
Sorcerer-Hat-Icon.jpg
74c2bac46d684bef4c29dad8150fe1fb.jpg

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

Why should the GotG ride focus on energy? It’s a weird take. There’s no particular reason a pavilion needs to continue to focus on the same theme as a previous unrelated one that came before.

I’m not thrilled with the execution of Cosmic Rewind but it’s because it didn’t lean as heavily into science about exploring the universe and/or the Big Bang not because it "wasn’t about energy".
GotG should have taken us back to the big bang, to explain energy in the universe. It should have been linked to UoE. That would have been creative, as well as respectful to the previous rides and the edutainment purpose of EPCOT.
“Dark boat ride” is the theory…
Similar to FEA?

ednamodedarling

If this is true ... hoping they change course to a trackless system. it seems SO much more fitting for the IP. A boat ride through the casita? Make it make sense lol. Save the boat ride for the LION KING attraction. Which I am really rooting for, as the park could use one more E-ticket attraction. Then honestly with all of these additions (as well as a new nightime show) ... I think the park would finally be a true full day park.

Phicinfan

“Dark boat ride” is the theory…
Okay, I have to admit I am slow here. But is Disney and Imagineering only locked into boat dark rides now?
I look at the new fantasy land in Tokyo and the two major new rides are boat rides. Shanghia Pirates. and the other ride in Avatar in AK was a boat ride.

Not knocking it, but it seems to be the form and direction they are locked into - except for the three new rides put in WDW with trackless.

I also wonder if this Encanto boat ride and for that matter the new Moana won't just be a redo of those New fantasy land boat rides

aladdin2007

Okay, I have to admit I am slow here. But is Disney and Imagineering only locked into boat dark rides now?
I look at the new fantasy land in Tokyo and the two major new rides are boat rides. Shanghia Pirates. and the other ride in Avatar in AK was a boat ride.

Not knocking it, but it seems to be the form and direction they are locked into - except for the three new rides put in WDW with trackless.

I also wonder if this Encanto boat ride and for that matter the new Moana won't just be a redo of those New fantasy land boat rides
would make sense and be nice but they haven't exactly shown that's the direction they are going here with things, we need that tangled ride bad, its just perfect and so well done, probably why we will never have it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom