News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Starship824

In the Parks
No

PREMiERdrum

A but OT, but...

The issue with trackless as implemented at WDW isn't as much downtime as it is show resets.

When vehicles lose connection, the ride is evac'd and the vehicles are brought back up. While it is completely possible to get the vehicles back online, verify location, and resume their course while loaded, the mouse's current operations procedures do not allow for this.

With MMRR and Rat, they happen often enough but don't lead to measurable downtime. For Rise, the show control gets all sorts of moody trying to restore effect synchronization, causing bigger headaches.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
This is not a Splash thread.

Don't make go reporting people who want to turn every thread into Splash thread.
ede0f305-8952-4e32-a55b-05da67a7393c_text.gif

I was answering what @eddie104 said, not bringing the previous ride up.

eddie104

I loved Dinosaur 15x as much as I loved Splash. I will miss it WAY more than I miss Splash.
Clearly you’re in the minority for this particular ride.

Most people tend to say this is not comparable to Indiana Jones at Disneyland that uses the same system.

Also it leaves a lot to be desired for a lot of its riders. That said I’m always a fan of keeping attractions where we can but unfortunately Disney doesn’t feel the same.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Clearly you’re in the minority for this particular ride.

Most people tend to say this is not comparable to Indiana Jones at Disneyland that uses the same system.

Also it leaves a lot to be desired for a lot of its riders. That said I’m always a fan of keeping attractions where we can but unfortunately Disney doesn’t feel the same.
Yeah, I don't understand the majority. It's great.

C33Mom

I agree with you. I wish we knew last trip that it would be closing. We would have gone on one more ride.
I agree with the Dinosaur > Indiana Jones crowd… I personally find Dinsoaur more fun (the preshow is fun and captures a spirit of childlike wonder paired with mind blowing negligence). I can understand why big fans of the Indiana Jones franchise would give the edge to the latter, but even if you concede the IJ version is better, I still think an original dinosaur themed ride is better than a clone of a ride that already exists at two other parks. If it’s a different (animal or regional themed) version of an IJ ride I will be less disappointed— but it seems like a waste of the new ride development budget to change a ride theme when a completely new ride could be added elsewhere instead—especially in WDW that has plenty of land for expansion.

cjkeating

I agree with the Dinosaur > Indiana Jones crowd… I personally find Dinsoaur more fun (the preshow is fun and captures a spirit of childlike wonder paired with mind blowing negligence)
I thought it was just me. When I first visited WDW in 2011 Dinosaur up there with my favourite attractions at the resort.

I'd heard so much hype for IJA when I visited Disneyland years later I came off most disappointed. Yes it has great big sets but it all felt a bit pedestrian, there wasn't the same level of both fun and fear that Dinosaur evokes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom