News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

James Alucobond

Encanto is being shoehorned into Animal Kingdom. It doesn't fit. Animal Kingdom will now be more like "Different Parts of the World Including Tropical Americas, where Encanto Takes Place, Plus an Alien Planet, with Some Animals in Some Places, and Some of Them Wear Clothes and Act Like Humans" Kingdom.
Massive mischaracterization, but okay. Literally everything theyโ€™ve done at AK thus far has been made to fit the themes well. If the rumors about IJ are true, there is no reason to automatically assume that theyโ€™re being diligent in that respect with one attraction and not the others. Again, they could misstep, but being certain of the outcome at this early stage is silly.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Massive mischaracterization, but okay. Literally everything theyโ€™ve done at AK thus far has been made to fit the themes well. If the rumors about IJ are true, there is no reason to automatically assume that theyโ€™re being diligent in that respect with one attraction and not the others. Again, they could misstep, but being certain of the outcome at this early stage is silly.
If "We Don't Talk About Bruno" is a part of the new attraction, I rest my case. That song, and the context in which it appears, has nothing to do with animals whatsoever.

I actually forgot about Indiana Jones. So it should actually be "Different Parts of the World Including Tropical Americas, where Encanto Takes Place and Indiana Jones Likes to Run Around, Plus an Alien Planet, with Some Animals in Some Places, and Some of Them Wear Clothes and Act Like Humans" Kingdom.

SilentWindODoom

If "We Don't Talk About Bruno" is a part of the new attraction, I rest my case. That song, and the context in which it appears, has nothing to do with animals whatsoever.

If that sequence is depicted in the ride, then the ride is a straight book report and the ride shouldn't exist in the park. If an instrumental is included somewhere along the journey while traversing the walls... it's a different matter. Like the "When We're Human" instrumental in the queue in the Magic Kingdom.

James Alucobond

There is no reason the songs canโ€™t be either instrumental or recontextualized (as in Frozen Ever After). If it shows up as part of the same book report scene, then the case does indeed rest. A valid concern to be sure, but there is absolutely no certainty that this is inevitably the case.

FettFan

To be fairโ€ฆ. Taking a boat into the swamps of Louisiana and then falling down into a cave that transfers you to the Caribbean doesnt make much more sense to me!

And THAT why I count WDW as the superior version of the US PotCโ€™s, despite being a truncated last-minute addition.

Moving deep into the bowels of a Spanish fort to discover a boat launch into a hidden cave system makes much more sense than sailing past a random bayou shack and boat.

doctornick

Encanto is being shoehorned into Animal Kingdom. It doesn't fit. Animal Kingdom will now be more like "Different Parts of the World Including Tropical Americas, where Encanto Takes Place, Plus an Alien Planet, with Some Animals in Some Places, and Some of Them Wear Clothes and Act Like Humans" Kingdom.

That's silly. There's absolutely good story treatments that could make Encanto an excellent fit for DAK. Whether or not they execute such a plan is another story and I'll admit I'm not super optimistic (but Rohde being back at Disney is a good thing IMHO). But I'd at least see what they come up with before criticizing it as being out of place.

doctornick

And THAT why I count WDW as the superior version of the US PotCโ€™s, despite being a truncated last-minute addition.

Moving deep into the bowels of a Spanish fort to discover a boat launch into a hidden cave system makes much more sense than sailing past a random bayou shack and boat.

The fantastic superior queue makes up a good part of the difference in quality between MK and DL. It's so much better at setting the early scene than the boring bayou at the start in California (I'd love to have seen the shootout in MK though).

Brer Panther

Now that you mention it, Antonio would be a terrific thematic way to do an animal-focused Encanto attraction.
There's absolutely good story treatments that could make Encanto an excellent fit for DAK.
As I've said, though, should we really expect Disney to do that? They couldn't be bothered to make the Ratatouille ride in the France pavilion focus on France instead of madness in the kitchen. Or make the Guardians of the Galaxy ride focus on energy the same like some were speculating they would.

bwr827

As I've said, though, should we really expect Disney to do that? They couldn't be bothered to make the Ratatouille ride in the France pavilion focus on France instead of madness in the kitchen. Or make the Guardians of the Galaxy ride focus on energy the same like some were speculating they would.
Itโ€™s a kitchen in France, makes perfect sense.

Prince-1

I thought the latest message gave me a sense of deja vu. No wonder.

Okay. We've heard you. You have a mystical future sight that 100% guarantees what will happen. The huge swell of excitement over representation in the movie and the children that were delighted to see themselves in a Disney film doesn't exist, no matter how much people directly responded to you in this thread to explain that. The needle can be taken off the record. The point has been made.

Now the rest can have a discussion.

Well we all knew Panther didn't like the Muppets but now we can add Antonio from Encanto to the list.

Cmdr_Crimson

Encanto is being shoehorned into Animal Kingdom. It doesn't fit.
Hmm, lemme see here...
FFvB_zYUYAETFUf
Nope..I Don't See any Animals here....Not a one..

Animal Kingdom will now be more like "Different Parts of the World Including Tropical Americas, where Encanto Takes Place, Plus an Alien Planet, with Some Animals in Some Places, and Some of Them Wear Clothes and Act Like Humans" Kingdom.
I have mentioned this many times and still stand by and expect down the line that the Name of the Park will change to Disney's Adventure Kingdom to fix this situation..

doctornick

Why should the GotG ride focus on energy? Itโ€™s a weird take. Thereโ€™s no particular reason a pavilion needs to continue to focus on the same theme as a previous unrelated one that came before.

Iโ€™m not thrilled with the execution of Cosmic Rewind but itโ€™s because it didnโ€™t lean as heavily into science about exploring the universe and/or the Big Bang not because it "wasnโ€™t about energy".

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

I have mentioned this many times and still stand by and expect down the line that the Name of the Park will change to Disney's Adventure Kingdom to fix this situation..
I don't think I can see that happening. Regardless of how well future additions align with the parkโ€™s themes, itโ€™s alway gonna be half-zoo and the name needs to make that clear

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom