EMH wristbands to be discontinued September 7th

soccer9miahamm

I do not support this idea. Unless you keep your room key on a lanyard or something similar, it is going to be a pain to keep getting the card out. This also provides more of an opportunity to lose it, especially when traveling with kids. Also, of course some will try to use cards from previous trips. It might save some money, but I see it as a big headache for everyone involved.

jt04

I do not support this idea. Unless you keep your room key on a lanyard or something similar, it is going to be a pain to keep getting the card out. This also provides more of an opportunity to lose it, especially when traveling with kids. Also, of course some will try to use cards from previous trips. It might save some money, but I see it as a big headache for everyone involved.

I love this idea. I just hope they also force all non-guests out of the parks too as they tend to clog up the shops and eateries.

JEANYLASER

Beginning September 7 2008, Disney Resort Guests need to present their Key to the World cards (or applicable resort ID), instead of wristbands, for accessing evening Extra Magic Hours attractions.
I don't understand! What about the September 19, 2008 Please! explained better so i won't get confused:confused:

hardcard

Get rid of EMH and go back to hard ticketed E-Ride Nights... They were better anyway..

And they were cheap too.. roughly 13 dollars a person....

tirian

I've never done the evening EMH's, we are early morning people and only do the morning EMH, so please excuse my ignorance....

We have done MNSSHP and MVMCP a few times, and for those parties, they put up a rope at the entrance to each land at the hub and only allow people with wristbands to enter the lands - couldn't something similar be done for evening EMH?

I never noticed those before! I generally don't go into the hub for the parties until the fireworks.

Cnrtygirl

Like alot of people I will be the guine pig group. We arrive the 11th I hope that they hand out some sort of lanyard to keep the kttw card in. I have a hard time getting it out just to enter a park. and I only keep it in my camara pocket.

KingStefan

I've never done the evening EMH's, we are early morning people and only do the morning EMH, so please excuse my ignorance....

We have done MNSSHP and MVMCP a few times, and for those parties, they put up a rope at the entrance to each land at the hub and only allow people with wristbands to enter the lands - couldn't something similar be done for evening EMH?

I never noticed those before! I generally don't go into the hub for the parties until the fireworks.

Actually, I have seen this done at Evening EMH before.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
So the real question here is... will this work?

Will this keep the day guests from getting in queue, and from clogging up queue entrances?

Pffft I have seen pleanty of non wristband wearing folk getting in line for any and every attraction at MK's evening magic hours. So... will this put somewhat of a stop to this then?

This should be interesting to watch.

KingStefan

I don't understand! What about the September 19, 2008 Please! explained better so i won't get confused:confused:

Hi, Jeany. Not to panic!

If you are staying in a WDW resort, most days, you will have the opportunity either to go to a park one hour ealier than guests who are not staying in a WDW resort, or stay up to three hours late at a park.

For example, on Sep 19, the chosen park is Epcot, for the evening. These are called Extra Magic Hours (EMH). So some attractions at Epcot will be open three hours past the normal closing time, but only for guests staying at WDW resorts.

The way they identify if you are a WDW resort guest before Sep 7 is that they give you a wrist band at various stations in the park before closing time. Then you show your wristband to be admitted to the attraction.

Starting Sep 7, they will no longer be using the wristbands, but you will have to show your room key to be admitted to the attraction. That is all.

So don't worry!

DisneyMusician2

They've just traded one system for another. I can't see that this will change evening EMH any, and all the abuses will continue until they choose to waste an absurd amount of time and SCAN those ID's on the way into the attraction.

And before you say it can't be done, keep in mind thousands of subway travelers do it every day in NYC with metrocards, and those have a 14-minute time lock-out on them from when they were scanned to when they could be used again. I don't think we are very far from this system being implemented.

Just my opinion, though.

reptar77

Beginning September 7 2008, Disney Resort Guests need to present their Key to the World cards (or applicable resort ID), instead of wristbands, for accessing evening Extra Magic Hours attractions.

That is ridiculous. The CM barely check for wristbands, now come on they are actually going to look at the rooms keys and dates. I still have room keys from 5 years ago.

disneypearl

That is ridiculous. The CM barely check for wristbands, now come on they are actually going to look at the rooms keys and dates. I still have room keys from 5 years ago.

I still have all of my room keys too! This just does not seem like a good plan. :veryconfu

smk

seriously. If CMs at the entrance to the queue can stop and notice the date and time of a fastpass without much holdup, then it won't be much different with the KTTW card...like I said earlier, maybe they might adjust the setup of the KTTW card alittle to make the dates larger...but I don't think this will slow the line up much. People will know at EMH they have to have their KTTW easily accessable so it's not like once they get through the checkpoint at the front of the queue they'll be putting it at the bottom of their bag again. Most people can handle the FP process alright...why does everyone doubt that this new setup will be effective?

:eek:! Isn't the reason the FP's are mis-used because the CM's don't look at the date and return times? I love your optimism about people using this process correctly but I have serious doubts.

danv3

I'll be getting there on the 6th so I guess I'll get to experience it first hand. Not sure if I see the need for the change...

Woozle

They've just traded one system for another. I can't see that this will change evening EMH any, and all the abuses will continue until they choose to waste an absurd amount of time and SCAN those ID's on the way into the attraction.

Yeah I agree. They still are going to have abuse and scamming. I don't see how a scanning system would be that costly . They would just need CMs at every start of queue line with a scanner gun. If the CM is doing their job, the line will move. If the park guest is doing their job by having their card out, the line will move. It would take the same amount of time it does for a CM to check the time for a fastpass.

Silvermist

I think it's an outstanding idea. Just hand out a lanyard with a clear plastic sheath to slide the card into and it's very visible. Much more so than a small band worn on the wrist. That's why most every company/business, airport, hospital etc. has their employees wear their id badges either on a lanyard or clipped on a pocket or lapel. It's highly visible and recognizable.

I think they need to scan them too. Scanning can be a very quick and efficient process if set up and managed correctly. That would definitely reduce misuse. Removal of the card from the plastic sheath would not be necessary and the card would only be good for the length of the resort stay and to prevent any additional cards being produced for people to give their non resort friends to use, the resort could simply identify which card was lost and deactivate that one before issuing a replacement.

No system is perfect, but this one has potential to significantly reduce the current abuse of the system.

Just my .02

JimboJones123

Like always, I won't read through the pages, so feel free to ignore this post like I ignored everybody elses.

Great move. I've waited 20 minutes + on too many occasions to get wristbands. We find ourselves just hanging around the parks many times because the wristband line is so dang long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom